Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: HFOil bulk ordering refresh keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe they're doing the trade call now. :sarcasm:

Wouldn't expect anything until tomorrow either way. Seems like an 11th hour, draft floor type thing, especially for Montreal who you would think would be content to sit and see if anybody wants to outbid Chiarelli.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably just Chia testing where the leaks come from. Gave everyone on the inside different info.

"Craig you have to promise not to tell anyone... No, not even Georges...."

Craig would probably rather punch Georges than give him info after the public spat they had when he left.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
LOL. Guy probably has to take a bad crap and delays his presser and everyone flips out. I love this time a year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Half expecting "Subban traded to Calgary for Wideman, Bennett and 6th overall."

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Chia might have some reservations about giving up a big, talented kid like Drai who is perfect for the West.

yup, your entire plan is now that a guy who is a scrawny bandaid can last.

all when you specifically said you need more edge to your roster.

McDavid easy to focus on/.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think the Oilers walk out of this weekend the holders of Subban, Wingels (if Ovechking is to be believed) and McNeill (if the Journal is to be believed).

So, where does that leave us?

Lets say the Drai + 4 + Fayne or RNH+4th+ other picks deal goes through.

Hall-RNH/Drai-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon
Caggiula-Wingels-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-McNeill
Lander-Khaira

Roughly 37 mil if it's Drai, 42 if it's RNH. Could stand to upgrade the 3LW but that's largely OK.

Klefbom-Subban
Sekera-XXX
Oesterle-Davidson
Gryba

Around 22 for the defence with one hole to fill

Talbot
XXX

4.16 for the goalies with one hole to fill

So somewhere between 63 and 68 million with a couple minor holes. Likely means no Lucic, but damn, I'd be satisfied with that.

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
Yes, this.. I'd like to listen to something while cleaning instead of laying in bed refreshing. Haha

What's the over/under for HFOil members hitting F5 to refresh today? 25,000?

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
boss would be pretty upset with me if she saw my internet history today LOL

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I'd be willing to add to the deal for retention, personally.

Same here. Just depends on what. Oilers need to maximize on prospects for a bit. So trading the 32 isn't my favorite idea, but I would do it.

I assume Fayne is gone. Korpikoski leaving would help. But he's not the worst. Hendricks at 1.8 isn't ideal.
I wonder if we see something like Nuge plus for Henrique and Severson?
Kind of a bind as far as expansion goes, but Hall Henrique Maroon looks good.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Wouldn't expect anything until tomorrow either way. Seems like an 11th hour, draft floor type thing, especially for Montreal who you would think would be content to sit and see if anybody wants to outbid Chiarelli.

One other thing to take into consideration is the value of the 4th overall pick.. if all goes according to planned right now they would be looking at anybody but the Finns and matthews.. what if when the time comes suddenly one of the Finns is available? The value would change drastically to a lot of teams.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I have to wonder if Chiarelli is really trying to pry Montreal's 9th overall pick out of them if a Subban deal simply can't happen without giving up the 4th overall AND Draisaitl.

It would really suck to go through an entire year of enduring a 29th place finish and not even have a 1st round pick to look forward to tomorrow. Sure Subban would be great next year yadda yadda, but it'd still make tomorrow suck watching Tkachuk putting on either a Canucks or Flames jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad