Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: HFOil bulk ordering refresh keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
If the Oilers can't move any salary out in this hypothetical Subban deal, Chiarelli would be working hard this summer to try and move guys like Hendricks, Fayne, Korpikoski, and maybe Pouliot.

He has all year. He's shrewd. He's killer at these cap deals. Pouliot and Hendricks are easy enough to move out at the deadline if need be. I feel Korpse is already gone this off-season. Sell Benning on Fayne and he'll throw draft picks at you. He does that I hear. You get your number one defenceman, then you clean up the mess afterwards.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I honestly wouldn't mind keeping Yak. Just staple him to McDavids wing.

He's cheap and has always played well with Connor.

Yeah, I still love Yak. I'd be happy to keep him, but if he's dead set on moving, don't really have a choice.

But yeah, if we kept Yak, I'd feel a little better moving Ebs. Eberle is my first choice of the golden boys to move, but we may not have a choice. I dunno, it's a good problem to have if it means acquiring Subban.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
You're not getting it.....all teams need to do is focus on shutting down McDavid,Hall,RNH,Eberle and guys like Maroon and Pouliot will wither and die.

We need big, strong, gritty guys who- while not driving the play like McDavid and Hall- can actually contribute offensively on their own merit and not leech off of goal-line feeds.

Pouliot-Mcdavid-Eberle
Hall-RNH-Maroon

One driver on each line, a sniper, a high-end two-way C, a complementary scorer with size and a classic crash and bang guy. This is a very good mix. Don't need to pay $6 million for another complementary winger.

Nope. MTL wins. Winners have big strong centres. have them or go home/.

D doesnt mean squat with out the pivots. MTL where did they finish again? basement.

K, I'm with you on the centers bit.....but Montreal finished where they did because Price was out. With him (and minus Subban) they are a playoff team again next year.

Price is a generational talent ala McDavid. Subban is more like Hall (although more valuable).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's also a possibility Chia is trying to get Montreal to take Pouliot so he has more space to go after Lucic.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
presser backed up a bit? what could this mean? What could anything mean? WHAT IS LIFE?!!! IM LOSING IT GUYS!

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Apparently Bergevin's press conference got pushed back to 6:15 (not sure when he original start time was).. hmm. .. must be up to something.

Or maybe he just had an unagreeable hot dog.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Bergevin just pushed his presser back to 6:15. I really hope he is talking to Chia right now...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Because we need to send more salary back probably. Or Laraque doesn't actually know anything

Or he stopped listening before his "source" added "at least" to the end of his sentence.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I am supposed to be asleep right now to get ready for work tonight.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF SUBBAN ON THE OILERS ON MY MIND?!!?!

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I'm confused, the tweet georges sent out said that MONTREAL's asking price is Drai and the 4th. How nhave we not made that deal already?

Probably because Georges is not in full possession of all the facts, and as usual is jumping in with both feet without looking.

He's a bit of an idiot these days. An idiot with the best of intentions, mind you.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Faaaaack I had planned on cleaning the house today because I'm having a lady over on Sunday and I work all weekend.. so far I've done 1 load of laundry and cheked my phone 8 billion times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad