Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: HFOil bulk ordering refresh keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I find it hard to believe teams wouldn't see more potential in Yakupov than 20 games of a terrible Schultz that you know you will never qualify as an RFA.

But I've said this before, if that is truly his value and he is willing to come back, I am fine with that. He is too cheap to simply give away for a 5% chance at a dart board.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I also don't care that Subban is "Overpaid" because he won a ****ing Norris Trophy before getting that contract.

A little extra money for a #1 defense who is young and would have massive impact on the franchise, sign me up.

Again, this is the deal I would make

To MTL: Hall, Fayne, Nurse and #32

To Edm: Subban, Eller and Condon.

Edit: Probably just keep him at this point, Yak.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
That list of Subban dressing room incidents is so overblown it's ridiculous. The Gill thing was dressing room banter between a vet and a younger player. He never fought Gallagher in practice though they did go hard at each other during a few drills (you can find the video online). I'm more inclined to think a lot of the other stuff is the inherently conservative hockey culture clashing with a brash personality. I love it, myself, the league needs more guys like PK.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

May as well keep him to be exposed in the expansion draft (if he ends up with another mediocre season) if that is all we can get. Vegas might see him as a low risk possibly high reward project and it could save us Davidson.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Seems about right. I mean, Brandon Pirri only returned a 6th round pick last year, and at least he's got a 20 goal season under his belt.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
May as well keep him to be exposed in the expansion draft (if he ends up with another mediocre season) if that is all we can get. Vegas might see him as a low risk possibly high reward project and it could save us Davidson.

Agreed, would rather have Yak as depth than trade him for a 3rd. For his sake I'd love to see him sent somewhere that he will be given a chance but to hell with giving him away. What a collosal waste of a #1 pick.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Originally Posted by GreatMcKeith View Post
The Oilers never have incidents like this.

Maybe the players just don't care.

I seem to recall an incident talked a lot on here a few years ago when then-captain Jason Smith was laying the lumber quite heavily on Ryan Smyth during a practice and verbally lashing him pretty good. I don't recall what started the altercation, but suffice to say Smyth got the worst of it and refused to talk to reporters about it after practice.

I'm sure stuff like this happens with every team, it's just with Montreal and their hyper-entitled media throng it'll get magnified 10x, especially with a high profile, gregarious star personality like Subban.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I really see no point in trading Yakupov for a 3rd round pick. If that truly is his value (which I believe - the talk of a first rounder is just silly for a player with Brodziak-like production), I'd rather hold on to him or at least trade him for a similarly maligned prospect.

One name that came up today is Mark McNeill in Chicago. Apparently they're looking to move him. We have shown interest in him in the past so maybe a Yakupov for McNeill deal could make some sense. He is a big Edmonton-born centreman with decent numbers in the AHL - he could likely step into a 4th line role next year if we move Letestu.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

my god thats disgusting..

yeah, i wouldn't trade him at that price... trade request or not

sit him down and tell him: "improve your play, so your stock improves, and we'll grant your trade request"... its not going to get LOWER than a 3rd round pick... and even if it did, the difference between a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder is essentially non-existent anyhow

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If that's all they can get for him (and I'm not sure I believe it is), I'd tell him to prepare to show up for camp in September.

Agent Zero

Jan 21, 2006
EDM

Anything after the 1st round pick is a crapshoot considering the way the Oilers have drafted. No one can question Yakupov's commitment to the game, he works hard on and off the ice. As an organization, the Oilers lacked the cojones to send him into the AHL when he struggled in his 2nd year.

Now they're looking to dump a 1st overall pick for nothing. That's flat out embarrassing for the organization. I say stick by him as he's only 22. It can only get better in terms of value and production. If it doesn't work out in 2 years, at least the Oilers can say they did their part.

Agent Zero

Jan 21, 2006
EDM

sit him down and tell him: "improve your play, so your stock improves, and we'll grant your trade request"... its not going to get LOWER than a 3rd round pick... and even if it did, the difference between a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder is essentially non-existent anyhow

Couldn't agree more.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Rishaug has had it in for Yak since he was drafted. Was all over him and backing Eakins during the dog house days for Yak . How anyone can take this serious is beyond me. He wont go for a 3rd get real.

pox

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton

bingo!

Agent Zero

Jan 21, 2006
EDM
As for the Red Wings having interest in RNH. Maybe the Oilers call a 3rd team to make a deal work. Just a thought...

EDM: Barrie
DET: Nuge
COL: ???

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Anything after the 1st round pick is a crapshoot considering the way the Oilers have drafted. No one can question Yakupov's commitment to the game, he works hard on and off the ice. As an organization, the Oilers lacked the cojones to send him into the AHL when he struggled in his 2nd year.

Now they're looking to dump a 1st overall pick for nothing. That's flat out embarrassing for the organization. I say stick by him as he's only 22. It can only get better in terms of value and production. If it doesn't work out in 2 years, at least the Oilers can say they did their part.

I agree. I think the hate is spiraling a bit and people are remembering him much worse than he actually was. He skates hard out there, throws some hits, has an extremely hard (if inaccurate) shot and it's not like he doesn't want to be good defensively. I'd rather take the chance that he'll turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad