Friedman: Rumor has it Bobrovsky has provided a trade list

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Speak for yourself.

It "sucks" for Bobrovsky fans NOT CBJ fans.

The team is better without him and with Korpisalo and the extra 5-6+ million dollars.

The idea that Bob is an "elite" goalie on an "average" team is fake news.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Goalie values in general aren’t high. Even lower for an upcoming UFA who is rumoured to want to break the bank. On top of that can’t think of too many teams that think Bob would absolutely put them over the top to make it worth bringing him in a rental

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
It "sucks" for Bobrovsky fans NOT CBJ fans.

The team is better without him and with Korpisalo and the extra 5-6+ million dollars.

The idea that Bob is an "elite" goalie on an "average" team is fake news.

all i will say to that is beware what you wish for, because sometimes you get it. and more people see The Bob as Elite than you think

as for me personally I see the Blue Jackets as a legitimate Stanley cup contender with the Bob, I do not see them as one with Korpisalo. and I think most unbiased fans outside of columbus, would agree.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Goalie values in general aren’t high. Even lower for an upcoming UFA who is rumoured to want to break the bank. On top of that can’t think of too many teams that think Bob would absolutely put them over the top to make it worth bringing him in a rental
absolutely agree, most contenders for the cup already have above average goaltenders, they arent legitimate contenders if their goaltenders are bad.

the only team i see that might qualify is St Louis, but even with The Bob I dont see them as a real cup contender, Close if ROR and Thomas excel but that division is hard to get through, too many quality opponents in that division

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Your logical fallacy is no true scotsman

Still a Jackets fan, here. Your prejudice against the guy who's been our starting goaltender for the last few years does not constitute a fandom purity test.

just askin, as a friend, are you okay? you havent sounded like yourself lately. please dont get me wrong im legitimately concerned? I know thePanarin Bob stuff can get weary, so if its that no worries, I just ask cause i know im getting older so I aint 25 myself anymore either

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
just askin, as a friend, are you okay? you havent sounded like yourself lately. please dont get me wrong im legitimately concerned? I know thePanarin Bob stuff can get weary, so if its that no worries, I just ask cause i know im getting older so I aint 25 myself anymore either
Just exasperated over this stuff. I was hoping folks would backburner it as soon as the season started and instead it's intensified. Among other things.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Just exasperated over this stuff. I was hoping folks would backburner it as soon as the season started and instead it's intensified. Among other things.
ok I am here if you ever want to vent. Im the old Isles guy and we go back a long ways, to me youll always be THE FIRST LADY of hfboards

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That 4-0 record is a mirage, he's give up 4 goals each game except against Detroit who is probably the worst team in the league.

It's the typical " let's score big tonite, the backup is starting"

Korpi only starts against bottom feeders in general
I wouldn't say it's a mirage necessarily.

It's pretty simple IMO, Korpi has been making the big saves(backdoor one timers, big breakaways) and while he has let in some stinkers, he undeniably has looked better. In the season Bob was hurt a couple years back, this is more or less the Korpi we saw. It's hard to get going when you're filling in for 15-20 times over 82 games and even if you look good you aren't going to get more than 2 games in a row backing up a Vezina level goalie.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I wouldn't say it's a mirage necessarily.

It's pretty simple IMO, Korpi has been making the big saves(backdoor one timers, big breakaways) and while he has let in some stinkers, he undeniably has looked better. In the season Bob was hurt a couple years back, this is more or less the Korpi we saw. It's hard to get going when you're filling in for 15-20 times over 82 games and even if you look good you aren't going to get more than 2 games in a row backing up a Vezina level goalie.
that is true, but hes still facing inferior opponents, like i said before if you give The bob 5 goals in his games he's 5-1 if you give Korpisalo the 2.75 that Bob has gotten he's 1-3

thats indesputable

go through every game Korpisalo has needed 5 goals in every game but one to win, if bob had gotten the 5 goals a game that korpihas gotten he'd have won every game but one, to tampa, probably the best team youve played.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
that is true, but hes still facing inferior opponents, like i said before if you give The bob 5 goals in his games he's 5-1 if you give Korpisalo the 2.75 that bob has gotten he's 1-3

thats indesputable
It definitely is disputable because you have absolutely no idea how either goalie would do in those games.

Maybe Bob shows up for those games and he still gets the W's. But it's just as likely he let's in a super soft goal and the team is instantly deflated.

Just like it's entirely possible that Korpi, if started against one of those harder teams, could have made a timely save and completely changed the momentum in the Jackets favor. Or maybe he gets lit up and Bob has to come save the day.

In seasons past, Bob absolutely has been the better goaltender and will likely be going forward. But Korpi will get more than his fair share of opportunities to "steal" the net from Bob. If Bob let's in 4+ goals in his next start and Korpi is still pilling wins, I guarantee you their roles will start getting reversed.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
It definitely is disputable because you have absolutely no idea how either goalie would do in those games.

Maybe Bob shows up for those games and he still gets the W's. But it's just as likely he let's in a super soft goal and the team is instantly deflated.

Just like it's entirely possible that Korpi, if started against one of those harder teams, could have made a timely save and completely changed the momentum in the Jackets favor. Or maybe he gets lit up and Bob has to come save the day.

In seasons past, Bob absolutely has been the better goaltender and will likely be going forward. But Korpi will get more than his fair share of opportunities to "steal" the net from Bob. If Bob let's in 4+ goals in his next start and Korpi is still pilling wins, I guarantee you their roles will start getting reversed.
you may be right, i cant say. but the fact is Korpisalo has had almost twice as many goals to work with and that makes it much easier to do the job. for your sake you better hope he can handle life without the bob.. if you trade him youll be stuck if youre wrong

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
you may be right, i cant say. but the fact is Korpisalo has had almost twice as many goals to work with and that makes it much easier to do the job. for your sake you better hope he can handle life without the bob.. if you trade him youll be stuck if youre wrong
We'll be stuck without Bob yes. And Korpi is the most proven thing we have. But thankfully there's a few studs in the system ready to take the next step.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
We'll be stuck without Bob yes. And Korpi is the most proven thing we have. But thankfully there's a few studs in the system ready to take the next step.
well i guess tonight kinda showed the Korpisalo brigade that he isnt ready for prime time. not that im surprised any, hopefully those studs you referred to take more after Bob than Korpi.

I turned in to get a better look at Korpisalo but on the Larkin Goal was deked shorthanded and then whiffed on the Mantha goal, was yanked after 6 shots was it, I don't see how he could possibly be better than the bob. That's a crazy thing about the NHL, Korpisalo was horrid, Bob came in, played lights out till they tied it gives up one and gets the loss. So people look at Bob at 2-5 and Korpisalo is 4-0 and they think Bob sucks?

Last edited:

despotic

Aug 10, 2006
Toronto
don't you think he deserves it for how he threw the Bob under one? The man is a great goalie and earned respect, just because I don't believe in paying any Goalie 10M, doesn't mean I don't see how good he is
For sure and I agree with you. It was a tongue in cheek comment given the other poster's alias.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I turned in to get a better look at Korpisalo but on the Larkin Goal was deked shorthanded and then whiffed on the Mantha goal, was yanked after 6 shots was it, I don't see how he could possibly be better than the bob.

He's not, and while there are some suggesting he was playing better right now, I don't see many actually saying he's full-on the better goalie for their careers.

The CBJ have a decision to make with regard to Bob and his next contract. It's not cut-and-dried, in particular because of Bob's playoff performance, which admittedly is difficult to evaluate depending on your criteria. But the result is you have some CBJ posters sure they don't want to break the bank (or give extended term) for Bob, and we're trying to get comfortable with what life looks like. And with Bob's slow start, and with some of his statements interpreted as disgruntled, it just made that more pronounced. To be clear, it's not so much trying to talk ourselves into something as it is being open to possibilities.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
well i guess tonight kinda showed the Korpisalo brigade that he isnt ready for prime time. not that im surprised any, hopefully those studs you referred to take more after Bob than Korpi.

I turned in to get a better look at Korpisalo but on the Larkin Goal was deked shorthanded and then whiffed on the Mantha goal, was yanked after 6 shots was it, I don't see how he could possibly be better than the bob. That's a crazy thing about the NHL, Korpisalo was horrid, Bob came in, played lights out till they tied it gives up one and gets the loss. So people look at Bob at 2-5 and Korpisalo is 4-0 and they think Bob sucks?
Nobody (outside of a particular someone) is saying Bob sucks, just that in their games so far this season, Korpi has looked better and looked more focused.

However last night all that was blown out of the door. It's likely with such a poor showing, even with the good start, Torts will tighten the leash a bit. Although with Bob's contract status it won't be as tight as it would have been in seasons past

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad