Friedman: Rumor has it Bobrovsky has provided a trade list

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
The actual scores of his 4 wins

5-4 Florida
5-4 buffalo
3-2 Detroit
7-4 StL

so let me ask YOU how many games have you seen him play?

I'm unbiased, it's just that crowing about his 4 - 0 record without any context is disingenuous. And unfair to The Bob who is clearly the better goalie. (Outside of one 8 goal game against tampa)

In addition they've scored 16 goals in The Bob's 6 games and 20 in Korpisalo's 4 games. That's 5 goals a game for Korpisalo and 2.75 a game for the Bob. I realize higher math may be hard for you "the bus" but I broke it down for you.

Now go climb back under your rock Bus because if you had bothered to watch your own teams games I wouldn't have needed to educate your ass
I won't argue that Bob is the better goalie. However, it seems this whole situation has gotten to him mentally. He's been allowing goals not only early, but at the end of periods as well, many of these goals being soft, which has simply deflated his teammates in these games.

Against Tampa in a 3-2 game with momentum in our favor, Tampa scored with less than a minute left in the 2nd to make it 4-2. They then scored 4 goals in the 3rd. If Bob comes up with a save and bails his team out, could be a different game.

Korpisalo on the other hand, has kept us in some games with timely saves. The other night in a 4-3 game he made two huge stops and then we scored 3 straight goals. Bob hasn't made any stops like that this year.

The issue is that the team defense has not been good for either goalie. One guy has bailed his team out, the other hasn't.

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
If it helps, I've seen every game Korpi has ever played for the Jackets, and he pretty much nailed it. Except the team isn't really scoring more for the back-up as much as their are taking advantage of teams that give up a lot of goals.
You could very well be right. I just don't like giving misleading stats and using them to tarnish an obviously superior player.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
you just know the flyers are talking to san jose to see if they can do a flip job and get their hands on Bob.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Bob has been allowing a lot of early goals this year. I just deflates the team

I won't argue that Bob is the better goalie. However, it seems this whole situation has gotten to him mentally. He's been allowing goals not only early, but at the end of periods as well, many of these goals being soft, which has simply deflated his teammates in these games.

Against Tampa in a 3-2 game with momentum in our favor, Tampa scored with less than a minute left in the 2nd to make it 4-2. They then scored 4 goals in the 3rd. If Bob comes up with a save and bails his team out, could be a different game.

Korpisalo on the other hand, has kept us in some games with timely saves. The other night in a 4-3 game he made two huge stops and then we scored 3 straight goals. Bob hasn't made any stops like that this year.

The issue is that the team defense has not been good for either goalie. One guy has bailed his team out, the other hasn't.
how can that be true when one has surrendered 14 in 4 games against superior teams and the other only 16 in 6?

especially when one guy is getting supported by almost twice as much offense. If they had scored 5 a game for Bobrovski he would be 5-1 and if they scored the way they have for Bobrovski for korpisalo. Than Korpisalo would be 1-3.

If say it has more to do with supporting one guy and not the other. They let the Bob play the tougher matchup and don't score and let Korpisalo play the gimme's and do score.

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
how can that be true when one has surrendered 14 in 4 games against superior teams and the other only 16 in 6?

especially when one guy is getting supported by almost twice as much offense. If they had scored 5 a game for Bobrovski he would be 5-1 and if they scored the way they have for Bobrovski for korpisalo. Than Korpisalo would be 1-3.

If say it has more to do with supporting one guy and not the other.They let the Bob play the tougher matchup and don't score and let Korpisalo play the film's and do score.
When your goalie doesn't seem like he wants to be there, why should the rest of the team?

Reactions: thebus88

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
When your goalie doesn't seem like he wants to be there, why should the rest of the team?
why because the team he's busted his cojones for doesn't seem to want him? I d be unhappy too.

I fully understand them making a decision not to pay that much for any Goalie. But own up to it. don't string him along. just like Tavares lied his ass off to the isles and was dishonest, if kekalainen doesn't want to go there financially, fine.. But say thanks for your service Bob and be honest. I don't see the purpose in lying. At least let him walk out the door with good memories and his dignity.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
why because the team he's busted his cojones for doesn't seem to want him? I d be unhappy too.

I fully understand them making a decision not to pay that much for any Goalie. But own up to it. don't string him along. just like Tavares lied his ass off to the isles and was dishonest, if kekalainen doesn't want to go there financially, fine.. But say thanks for your service Bob and be honest. I don't see the purpose in lying. At least let him walk out the door with good memories and his dignity.
When has Kekalainen lied or been dishonest, and how can a player who is under contract be "strung along"?

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The actual scores of his 4 wins

5-4 Florida
5-4 buffalo
3-2 Detroit
7-4 StL

so let me ask YOU how many games have you seen him play?

I'm unbiased, it's just that crowing about his 4 - 0 record without any context is disingenuous. And unfair to The Bob who is clearly the better goalie. (Outside of one 8 goal game against tampa)

In addition they've scored 16 goals in The Bob's 6 games and 20 in Korpisalo's 4 games. That's 5 goals a game for Korpisalo and 2.75 a game for the Bob. I realize higher math may be hard for you "the bus" but I broke it down for you.

Now go climb back under your rock Bus because if you had bothered to watch your own teams games I wouldn't have needed to educate your ass

And, the team also scored 5 and 6 goals in the 2 games that Bob won. You say "crowning about his record without any context is disingenuous", then simply post the GF numbers scored for each guy as if that's proof of anything. I'd call the "advanced stats" advanced, before I'd consider GF/per game, "higher math". But, thank you for giving me a hilarious new "term" to mock the "corsi/per 60" BS. I can guarantee you've actually only watched a fraction of the games this year that you claim you have, as NOBODY (that HAS seen a LEGIT amount of game time) is claiming that Bob has looked better or even as good as Korpisalo in any way. At his best, "The Bob" has been, 'ok'. At his worst, Korpisalo has been, ok. All people have in defense of Bob, is the PAST, and the amount of goals the team has scored for the other goalie who just happens to be undefeated.

Not only is Bob's future with the CBJ in serious doubt (at the very least), this also is the NHL, and you play to win the game. Right now, Korpisalo is showing that he gives the team a BETTER opportunity to win hockey games. This HAS ALSO happened in the past. The difference now, is that with Bob having no contract obligations with the team (or more importantly the team having no obligations TO HIM) after this year, Korpisalo will NOW BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF AS THE BETTER GOALIE. For the 1st time, since Bobrovsky was injured YEARS back, and Korpisalo put up good numbers THEN.

If you need me, I'll be under the rock of truth.

If it helps, I've seen every game Korpi has ever played for the Jackets, and he pretty much nailed it. Except the team isn't really scoring more for the back-up as much as their are taking advantage of teams that give up a lot of goals.

Nailed what, exactly?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
When has Kekalainen lied or been dishonest, and how can a player who is under contract be "strung along"?
I'm not saying he has YET. For all we know he has told The Bob he has no intention of re-signing him. Which in turn would be a good reason for The Bob to be unhappy. Which in turn could be why they are giving Korpisalo all the Gimme's. It does kinda make Kekalainens job easier for him if he has no intention of re-signing The Bob if his replacement has put up a winning record don't you think.

I'm just saying is that it doesn't take much to see that as a possibility. And why would Kekalainen tell the fans. If we as fans can see the difficulty in giving ANY goalie 10M. Don't you think a Smart GM like Kekalainen can?

Last edited:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
But once again it's a bad team. So it really says more about how they feel about Korpisalo than they do about Bobrovski.

If you want to get downright suspicious about it one could argue that the Jackets are boosting up Korpisalo's stats to "fool The fans" into thinking that he's better than he really is for if/when they move Bobrovsky.

But I don't think real fans would fall for that. Fans tend to see through front offices that act like their fans are idiots. Some are, like "Thebus" but most fans catch on quick.

I think you have everything completely wrong, and the opposite will be proven correct.

Your boy, (if this isn't you Sergei) has had his "numbers" and perception boosted by playing on the CBJ, NOT the other way around.

You cant really still think the "bad team theory" can you?

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I'm not saying he has YET. For all we know he has told The Bob he has no intention of re-signing him. Which in turn would be a good reason for The Bob to be unhappy. Which in turn could be why they are giving Korpisalo all the Gimme's. It does kinda make Kekalainens job easier for him if he has no intention of re-signing The Bob if his replacement has put up a winning record don't you think.

I'm just saying is that it doesn't take much to see that as a possibility. And why would Kekalainen tell the fans. If we as fans can see the difficulty in giving ANY goalie 10M. Don't you think a Smart GM like Kekalainen can?
You're right. It doesn't take much to see that as a possibility. Sounds like a good business decision to not pay a goalie the money Bob wants, and an equally good decision to give his heir a larger share before having to take the #1 spot.

We could sense Bob was unhappy at the start of training camp. But we expected him to be a good pro and not let it affect his game, because he's been the consummate professional in his time here. But the situation is clearly getting to him.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You could very well be right. I just don't like giving misleading stats and using them to tarnish an obviously superior player.

…….:squint:

If say it has more to do with supporting one guy and not the other. They let the Bob play the tougher matchup and don't score and let Korpisalo play the gimme's and do score.

………:puppy:………:doh:……:ha:… …:banghead:.….

The dude gave MULTIPLE, SPECIFIC, LEGITIMATE examples of IN GAME situation that DIRECTLY affected the OUTCOMES of MULTIPLE games.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I think you have everything completely wrong, and the opposite will be proven correct.

Your boy, (if this isn't you Sergei) has had his "numbers" and perception boosted by playing on the CBJ, NOT the other way around.

You cant really still think the "bad team theory" can you?
I'm not sergei. And I have always thought even in Philadelphia that The Bob was an elite talent. It's my guess you'll get your wish.then everyone will see how good Korpisalo is. I just think you just might be the next victim of " You Get What You Wish For. "

I do know the Bob is an elite goalie. I don't know if Korpisalo is. I tend to wait for a bit more than 10 career games to decide that. Maybe the all seeing, all knowing, "TheBus" can do that, but I cant.

I guess we will see

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You're right. It doesn't take much to see that as a possibility. Sounds like a good business decision to not pay a goalie the money Bob wants, and an equally good decision to give his heir a larger share before having to take the #1 spot.

We could sense Bob was unhappy at the start of training camp. But we expected him to be a good pro and not let it affect his game, because he's been the consummate professional in his time here. But the situation is clearly getting to him.
Mac with all due respect. And I mean this as an old guy who has loved sports for 60 years. Athletes are people first and all people are human. why we expect our athletes to be any less frail to the human condition I couldn't tell you. When my wife decided she didn't want to be married anymore, My professional performance suffered, I didn't want it to. But it did. I'm just saying it does happen. To all of us

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Again, eh?

I do know the Bob is an elite goalie. I don't know if Korpisalo is. I tend to wait for a bit more than 10 career games to decide that. Maybe the all seeing, all knowing, "TheBus" can do that, but I cant.

I guess we will see

I'll call your 10 games, and raise you 31.

2015-16Columbus Blue JacketsNHLgms310217977820GAA2.60W16L11T4891SV%0.920
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The TRUTH is out there, bud.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I'm not sergei. And I have always thought even in Philadelphia that The Bob was an elite talent. It's my guess you'll get your wish.then everyone will see how good Korpisalo is. I just think you just might be the next victim of " You Get What You Wish For. "

I guess we will see
I still think Bob is an elite goalie. He's been one of my favorite players to play for us, and I even believe that his playoffs last year weren't as bad as everyone says, because his team took 28 penalties in 6 games and was abysmal on the PP.

I think whoever gets Bob is going to get elite play for at least 3-4 more years. But they will be paying through the nose and for likely more than 3-4 years.

The point is, he's not playing to his capabilities and it's a distraction for the team.

BTW Korpisalo has played 67 games. When Bob was injured in '15-16, Korpi made 31 starts with a 2.60 GAA and .920 sv%. So we've had our eye on him for a while.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Mac with all due respect. And I mean this as an old guy who has loved sports for 60 years. Athletes are people first and all people are human. why we expect our athletes to be any less frail to the human condition I couldn't tell you. When my wife decided she didn't want to be married anymore, My professional performance suffered, I didn't want it to. But it did. I'm just saying it does happen. To all of us
I'd be naive to admit otherwise. But we gave Bob the benefit of the doubt, and now it looks like he's too unhappy. Maybe Bob should swallow some pride and realize that asking for the money he wants is a little crazy.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I still think Bob is an elite goalie. He's been one of my favorite players to play for us, and I even believe that his playoffs last year weren't as bad as everyone says, because his team took 28 penalties in 6 games and was abysmal on the PP.

I think whoever gets Bob is going to get elite play for at least 3-4 more years. But they will be paying through the nose and for likely more than 3-4 years.

The point is, he's not playing to his capabilities and it's a distraction for the team.

BTW Korpisalo has played 67 games. When Bob was injured in '15-16, Korpi made 31 starts with a 2.60 GAA and .920 sv%. So we've had our eye on him for a while.
thanks for that, had thought that was forsberg, see as i get older even my once impressive memory suffers too. like I said none of us are immune

id like to see him sign there too, but another thing about athletes ive learned, they tend to equate respect with $$$. it shouldnt be that way but it is

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
There was an article at the start of the season that Bob told GMJK his intentions for after this season, his demeanor, to me, says that either he said he isn't re-signing in Columbus, or he is returning to Russia...and he is playing very un-bob-like so far...slouched shoulders, and sad faced, no happiness in his emotions ...

Now, there could be a panarin tie in, or not...I've seen speculation both ways...

Not sure how any fan could say it's on GMJK at this time...I feel he needs dealt, and maybe he will be happy again

If I am Columbus, I am calling NYI, FLA, CAR, CAL and VAN and seeing who has the best offer

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Not that I’m unhappy with a division rival having less firm access to the last playoff spot, but this really must suck for their fans. Hopefully they can unload them before the deadline.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
There was an article at the start of the season that Bob told GMJK his intentions for after this season, his demeanor, to me, says that either he said he isn't re-signing in Columbus, or he is returning to Russia...and he is playing very un-bob-like so far...slouched shoulders, and sad faced, no happiness in his emotions ...

Now, there could be a panarin tie in, or not...I've seen speculation both ways...

Not sure how any fan could say it's on GMJK at this time...I feel he needs dealt, and maybe he will be happy again

If I am Columbus, I am calling NYI, FLA, CAR, CAL and VAN and seeing who has the best offer
its not going to be the isles, that much i can tell you, not after the Tavares fiasco, ownership cant take another hit on their credibility. they've come out publicly and said their sights are set on the Arena and Ilya Sorokin

thats not just talk either thats cold hard cash because they have PSLs to sell so thats hundreds of millions at risk. Public Confidence is shaky after Tavares, and they know it so trading for an unsigned Bobrovski isnt a risk they'll take

if there is any chance and I dont see it, he'll need to be signed first and I dont see that happening. I see them using the money they have to keep Anders Lee who they just named captain. just like I expect Columbus to use The Bob's money to try and keep Panarin

Last edited:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not that I’m unhappy with a division rival having less firm access to the last playoff spot, but this really must suck for their fans. Hopefully they can unload them before the deadline.

Sucks for fans:

Panarin-YES Bobrovsky-NO

Hopefully unload before deadline:

Panarin-NO Bobrovsky-YES

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad