RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV10*

tradetalker24 said:
wow and with all this news from the lightening guy, eklund, the long meeting, roenick i really thought the season was coming back. But now this reliable source has crushed me

I know my friend, I feel the same way too. But I just pray that for once his sources are wrong and all in all HE'S WRONG and if anyone could make miracles happen, god only could.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I see many holes in his sources story and have yet to lose hope. I'm sorry but Kov's source does not know anything extra then Bob would know. Need I remind you guys about tradedeadline day.

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
BobMckenzie said:
You'd be surprised how many people don't like me. It goes with the territory. Whether it's me or Pierre or Gord or Healy or Burke or whomever, there are people who really like you, people who really hate you and just about everything in between, but you usually hear from those at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

Quick story before I call it a night...many years ago, when I first started in TV, I was at my kid's practice, tying his skates. I could hear a men's team in the next dressing room over and heard them talking about me. Different opinions etc. as guys are wont to do after playing a game and I hear one guy say, My friend knows McKenzie and says he used to be a really good guy until he got on TV, now he's an a$$hole...I finished tying my kid's skates, got him onto the ice and couldn't resist, I opened up the dressing room door, popped my head in and said to the guys in the room, Just to clarify, I was an a$$hole long before I got on TV...got a few laughs, which is always good, and it's not far off the mark either...

As for the lockout, hang tough, should be closure soon (I think days as opposed to hours) enough...Good night.

For the record, I've always found your columns to be among the best in the hockey world. I really like your TSN work as well. Keep up the good work, and I for one really appreciate you coming on here and letting us hear your thoughts on all of this.

:handclap:

KOVALEV10*

Man I dont know what to think.. first I have a gut feeling that the season might be saved (and you dont see me have more then one or two gut feelings the way I had earlier today mind you), then I call my nephew and he tells me a source is telling him that theres a chance the season might be saved, then I call him back and he sais that friday will be the final nail in the coffin and finally the season will be cancelled, while I come across some optimistic posts by the likes of Bob Mckenzie and so many others in between and now from that site... dont know what to think? Anyone help :help: What does everyone think will happen?

BB

Nov 16, 2003
Bahrain
Visit site
i know that 1040 the team isn't the most crediable station, but during their main show with Pratt they were saying that the NHLPA and the NHL were going to have news conferences on friday...to announce a cancelling of teh season. First off, i don't believe a word they say, their Zhamonov to vancouver deal never came through as they said it would. Moreover, they were saying this even before teh meeting broke off for the night. And TSN or Sportsnet has yet to mention a press conference of any sort. i tried looking on their site for a blurb about it but i can't find one. Sorry.

Heres hoping for a season...

jcab2000

Mar 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
KOVALEV10 said:
Ok I just got off the phone. I dont know what to think.. he said even though it remains unclear of what exactly will come out of this, his sources make him believe that this luckout talk might continue for a very long time because there will be no season. He said that the 9 hours of discussion might just have been something to make you feel optimitick, which it should, but the truth, only thing left to do now is to announce the cancellation of the season. However both sides will try to negotiate for the last time tommorow, but if a 9 hour long meeting didnt do anything, tommorow's meating wont mean a whole lot. :cry:

No offense, but I don't believe a single thing from anyone until Bettman or Goodenow have something to say. There is nothing but misinformation out there, even from so-called informed people.

GreenBud

Feb 2, 2005
Vancouver
ubongs.blogspot.com
Let's be positive. I have a good feeling this is going to get done. Like I have been saying all along, they can't be so stupid as to cancel the entire year.

And a 28-game season will provide some great fun. Sort of a 'double' playoffs, and anyone could get in.

And then I can start calling for the scalps of Bettman/Goodenow.

On another note, I just found this site and it's awesome!!!!! :handclap:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
You'd be surprised how many people don't like me. It goes with the territory. Whether it's me or Pierre or Gord or Healy or Burke or whomever, there are people who really like you, people who really hate you and just about everything in between, but you usually hear from those at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

Quick story before I call it a night...many years ago, when I first started in TV, I was at my kid's practice, tying his skates. I could hear a men's team in the next dressing room over and heard them talking about me. Different opinions etc. as guys are wont to do after playing a game and I hear one guy say, My friend knows McKenzie and says he used to be a really good guy until he got on TV, now he's an a$$hole...I finished tying my kid's skates, got him onto the ice and couldn't resist, I opened up the dressing room door, popped my head in and said to the guys in the room, Just to clarify, I was an a$$hole long before I got on TV...got a few laughs, which is always good, and it's not far off the mark either...

As for the lockout, hang tough, should be closure soon (I think days as opposed to hours) enough...Good night.
thanks for the comments bob, its appreciated. while your dose of reality can be painful around here, it definitely helps everyone keep a handle on things. its nice to know those who we assume are so much closer and in the know are wondering just as much as we are whats going on. fingers crossed for tomorrow.

KOVALEV10*

Ok the season being saved is so unlikely at this point, man it hurts :cry: But before I go to bed right now, everyone promise me that you will pray for there will be an nhl season this year and that the deal will be done tommorow, and if by miracle thats what happens then lets all have a nice cold beer tommorow.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
KOVALEV10 said:
Ok the season being saved is so unlikely at this point, man it hurts :cry: But before I go to bed right now, everyone promise me that you will pray for there will be an nhl season this year and that the deal will be done tommorow, and if by miracle thats what happens then lets all have a nice cold beer tommorow.

Try keeping it level bud. We're getting fed all sorts of different information. All sorts of sources saying all sorts of things. The only bottom line is that they met for 9 hours and they'll meet tomorrow. Sources, no matter how reliable they are, are still wrong more often than right. Lets just hope for the best, whatever our interpretation of that is!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
well I am in touch on a daily basis with NHLers playing here in Europe and as of an hour a go they all said that the season in North America is dead--there would be too mant hurddles to get any type of season started by MArch 1st

Crazy Lunatic

jumptheshark said:
well I am in touch on a daily basis with NHLers playing here in Europe and as of an hour a go they all said that the season in North America is dead--there would be too mant hurddles to get any type of season started by MArch 1st

I call bullsh*t.

Crazy Lunatic

KOVALEV10 said:
Ok man if you dont believe me then dont. But why the hell would someone like me whos been watching hockey for almost the past 5 decades be lying about something like this and what would be the fun of that? I dont want to say what job he does because I'm not even supposed to be telling everyone on here about anything he tells me and you think I'm making this up. Well good for you.

I don't believe your source or you. There are 6 people who know exactly what happened today and your nephew isn't one of them.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
For those who actually believe that is Bobby Mac posting....did you know that gullible isn't in the dictionnary? Go look it up seriously.

It's funny how desperate people are getting, believe a deal is done when the deal is done. Not when you read some fool posting their "credible" sources. Even if someone is best friend's with an NHLer, they aren't going to know jack****. Unless your dad is Bettman or Goodenow then take your crap elsewhere.

leafaholix*

Tuggy said:
For those who actually believe that is Bobby Mac posting....did you know that gullible isn't in the dictionnary? Go look it up seriously.
It's Bob McKenzie.

I mean, this isn't Jesus Christ... I can't see why it's so hard for some people to believe that Bob McKenzie may post here from time to time.

I also think it's been confirmed by HF staff.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Carl O'Steen said:
It's Bob McKenzie.

I mean, this isn't Jesus Christ... I can't see why it's so hard for some people to believe that Bob McKenzie may post here from time to time.

I also think it's been confirmed by HF staff.

Well OK then...I haven't seen any proof

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
eSabre said:
http://www.sabresinsider.com/

This may not be an acceptable source, but can anyone in the Tampa Bay area confirm?
hmmmm....Taylor I thought was up in his home in Canada redoing his home and was pretty ticked at the hole thing, not skating and disgusted by the ordeal according to my source ;) ; he is the player rep though so if he's optimistic believe me everyone else should be.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
BobMckenzie said:
Look on the bright side, perhaps I'm wrong, totally out to lunch. It's happened before...once or twice.

:joker:

And that was just a joke. My wife and kids will gladly tell you I'm wrong all the time.

:dunce:

What's all this talk of lunch? It's making me hungry.... for lobster.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Tim Taylor

With the midnight oil apparently burning brightly, Lightning player representative Tim Taylor believes it could lead to a deal being reached, similar to the situation during the lockout 10 years ago, which ended after nearly 24 hours of negotiations.

``I went out and did a school visit and I just had a feeling that today was going to be a go, that we were going to get back on the ice,'' Taylor said. ``I find it puzzling that they would be meeting all night and not come out with something. I think this is it, that they will come out with a deal.''

http://bolts.tbo.com/lightning/MGBOW9WWR4E.html

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
What I think is funny is the reports coming from Major Media outlets all have a very negative outlooks for the season. Then there are all these little source sites such as SabersInsider and Eklund's blog and the season is going to resume shortly. Do you go with the Major publications for the truth about what is happening and to these rumor sites for whatever optimism we may find. It's so hard to find out what is really the truth. It is baffiling to find out what is happening. I am almost ready just to wait and see the final press release from the NHL regarding the season.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
whats encouraging is a few players , who make good $$ (Peca &J.R)have spoken up to the media .

so , you would have to think that they've been pushing Bob via email or conf calls to make a deal .

its about time :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad