Rumor: Rumor: Calgary Flames eyeing top six forward in big trade

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
You will only converse with the best here, in fact the creme dela creme.

creme-dela-creme-homie.png

Ozamataz Buckshank

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Not to detract anymore from the trade talk, but just wanted to say thanks to folks for the advice. I didn't know about the ignore user option, so I'll just make liberal use of that. At first I was wondering why people were so accepting of those types of posts, now I realize most people probably don't even see them (can mods ignore posters too, if so that explains a lot).

Reading these threads there are obviously far far more great posters then bad, the bad just seem to post more often and far more quickly (made possible I assume by the lack of thought and time put into sarcastic, one line responses - not to be confused with actual humor which there is a lot of here thankfully - had to chuckle at the Creme De La Creme post).

Now I'll stop talking about that, sorry all.

As for this rumor, it seems to be grounded in fantasy, so is it really even a rumor? Friedman makes this statement:
"With that in mind Scott Cullen of TSN recently suggested in a recent report that the Flames may be looking at Milan Lucic as a possible candidate to fill that role."

Scott Cullens "report" that Friedman bases his rumor on:
http://www.tsn.ca/off-season-game-plan-boston-bruins-1.293480

That just seems like bad journalism. To me at least, "rumor" implies some basis in reality where this rumor is grounded in an off season fantasy article created by TSN's Fantasy Sports columnist. The KPD rumor is a little more telling in that even when he spitballs, there tends to be some factual basis for doing so, even if it isn't public knowledge.

Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Exactly. Anonymity breeds lack of accountability, and when combined with low to no moderation (this is NOT a dig at the mods on this board; it's a generic statement re: the majority of internet fora) it provides the perfect environment for rude and contemptible conduct. Something that would never be said face-to-face due to the possibility of getting one's nose/jaw "bent" is common in internet fora.

A thick skin and the use of the "ignore" feature dial down the aggravation and frustration but doesn't eliminate it. As someone else said, if you're going to play in the cesspool of internet fora get used to it. But it has driven the signal-to-noise level to dramatic lows (the noise degrades the signal almost to zero).

Your points make sense in explanation. Doesn't excuse jackass behavior though.

Pretty disappointing to me.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Wotherspoon and Poirier for Lucic is not enough... they must include their first round Pick... Huge mistake if this trade goes down as is reported.

I prefer sending Lucic and Smith to Arizona for Pick #3

Man, that is a powerful 3rd pick. I'm not a huge Lucic fan anymore, but geesh...and then throw in Smith!...he's crap, but still...Lucic...plus...

I'm not saying that's not reality...I have no idea what that pick is worth, other then it's a great draft, just amazed...:amazed:

If ARZ wanted to get better in a hurry...by moving one pick...bam!...trade it...

Might be a shrewd move by DS...both Lucic and Smith have a league reputation that is much better than their real value.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad