ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Thank you for paving the way for me here haha. As a player, I don't see any logical case for Brady being #1. Blasphemous for some or most. But I don't think he's even in the conversation for 1. He's an all timer, no doubt. But this "he's the GOAT, let's talk about #2" attitude is just lazy nonsense...
Lamar is one of only 2 unanimous MVPs ever. Brady is the other one. Close argument. I agree to disagree.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Lamar is one of only 2 unanimous MVPs ever. Brady is the other one. Close argument. I agree to disagree.
That just represents that no one had an MVP caliber year around him. Hell, he didn't even win offensive player of the year, it went to Michael Thomas.

I'm not saying he wasn't the MVP. But saying that because he won MVP that he's this player that's destined for forever greatness is folly. Michael Vick's early "I can run, but I also throw" seasons got close but he ran into record breaking Peyton Manning. Cam Newton had early success, folks that thought was going to work out forever.

It's just the sustainability of it. I don't see it, despite being in a very cushy spot to do what he does...

Reactions: mouser

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
@LT in the roster thread you have an attachment but when I click on it I just get a "Oops we ran into some problems" hf page. So I can't see your roster. Not sure if that's a just a me problem or if no one can.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@LT in the roster thread you have an attachment but when I click on it I just get a "Oops we ran into some problems" hf page. So I can't see your roster. Not sure if that's a just a me problem or if no one can.

I need to post the updated one still. Will do shortly.

I'll add a text list too.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Roster is all fixed and updated. Thanks for the heads up guys!

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
That just represents that no one had an MVP caliber year around him. Hell, he didn't even win offensive player of the year, it went to Michael Thomas.

I'm not saying he wasn't the MVP. But saying that because he won MVP that he's this player that's destined for forever greatness is folly. Michael Vick's early "I can run, but I also throw" seasons got close but he ran into record breaking Peyton Manning. Cam Newton had early success, folks that thought was going to work out forever.

It's just the sustainability of it. I don't see it, despite being in a very cushy spot to do what he does...

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Thanks, will do it this evening.

I wonder why I have a empty quoted post by @Michael Farkas on a time I was roughly about to enter maternity hospital as my spouse was starting to go into labour… I guess that will remain as a mystery. :huh:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Rank all. Your own is automatically 1st.
(This has been an ATD staple since @seventieslord argued heavily for it).

The upshot: otherwise there is a reason NOT to vote!... if you can't vote for your own team and you don't vote, the average ranking would be higher for your team!

I always have maintained you should be able to vote your team 2nd, 3rd, wherever. But the auto 1st place for your team standings has won the day most years on these HfBoards.

Vote the 13 teams as you truly see them. Then there's no hassle.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Rank all. Your own is automatically 1st.
(This has been an ATD staple since @seventieslord argued heavily for it).

The upshot: otherwise there is a reason NOT to vote!... if you can't vote for your own team and you don't vote, the average ranking would be higher for your team!

I always have maintained you should be able to vote your team 2nd, 3rd, wherever. But the auto 1st place for your team standings has won the day most years on these HfBoards.

Vote the 13 teams as you truly see them. Then there's no hassle.

I think you've got this wrong. Though I liked that change to the voting rules, I did not have anything to do with suggesting or instituting it.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
To update, I have 8 of 13, with pestilence being the most recent GM in my inbox.
This is as much for me to keep track of things as for the community.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I will try for tonight as well. That's 11 accounted for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad