Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1694004023494.png

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Yes, where do I get my trophy?
The regular season rankings is expected to be released soon (apparently all 13 have voted).

That said, your Sammy Baugh ought to win an award for being listed on the Duluth's Eskimos as the 1st QB, 1st utility player and only punter.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Bowman had Fedorov playing center, winger and dman, but Sergei was only great as a speedy defensive pivot on special teams. He was more like Pivonka or Oates than a top-20 all-time center, even with his stop-gap positional versatility under consideration.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
1. St. Vital Mustangs 59
2. Dallas Carter Cowboys 61*
3. Santiago Chiles 61
4. Notre Dame Jugglers 67
5. Providence Steamrollers 68*
6. Kaukalahti Beastie Boys 68
7. Houston Apollos 72
8. London Lightning 73
9. Philadelphia Bell 75
10. Rain City Bitch Pigeons 82
11. Duluth Eskimos 100
12. South Jersey Wildcats 102
13. Dillon Panthers 108

*Tiebreaker was number of first place votes. Would have shifted to number of second place votes and so on, but both ties could be broken.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
1. St. Vital Mustangs 59
3. Santiago Chiles 61
7. Houston Apollos 72
8. London Lightning 73
9. Philadelphia Bell 75
11. Duluth Eskimos 100
13. Dillon Panthers 108

*Tiebreaker was number of first place votes. Would have shifted to number of second place votes and so on, but both ties could be broken.
Thanks for this, will post match ups soon. Dillon Panthers have been eliminated. BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.

Reactions: VanIslander

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Let's bring details to playoff threads... it can make a difference... we are constantly learning about the history of the game, making these all-time drafts more interesting than just drafting last year's players for this year's performance

Reactions: LT

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There are a few global moderators in this draft.

And some people say: "It ain't cheatin' if you don't get punished. Get caught but deny it - the Brady/Belichick/Patriots way... love and war have no bounds..." but, most others would say: games, relationships, society bloody should have bounds". Indeed. Let's not act like Claude Lemieux.

Note: i was invited to this draft and saw immediately it was full of HfBoards vets. No 12 year olds thinking: Sedins who?

(Psst. I invite you all to spend more time on the Hockey History.board. Children rarely go there.)

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
There are a few global moderators in this draft.

And some people say: "It ain't cheatin' if you don't get punished. Get caught but deny it - the Brady/Belichick/Patriots way... love and war have no bounds..." but, most others would say: games, relationships, society bloody should have bounds". Let's not act like Claude Lemieux.

Note: i was invited to this draft and noted immediately it was full of HfBoards vets. No 12 year olds thinking Sedins who?

banned

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm still in shock at my ranking lol. So next we create a bracket then vote on matchups? Likely top 4 get a bye, 5-12 compete then winners play top 4 in quarters, then semis, finals? This has been lots of fun, thanks everyone who's helped out and all fellow players as well.

Reactions: VanIslander and LT

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm still in shock at my ranking lol. So next we create a bracket then vote on matchups? Likely top 4 get a bye, 5-12 compete then winners play top 4 in quarters, then semis, finals? This has been lots of fun, thanks everyone who's helped out and all fellow players as well.
I'm gonna be celebrating this texas win. But it's going to be 1-12 straight up. God Bless and Hook Em'

Time to enjoy my bourbon.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Your bourbon comes from corn, a New World drink.

Scotch whiskey was born of barley, the original stuff born overseas after 7000 years of practice.

Mead and wine rule the world in terms of breadth and depth, history and usage.

My fav liquor is rum, which is almost as new as bourbon, coming from the Caribbean a few hundred years ago due to the sugar trade. "Rum" coming from "rumbullion" which means "kill devil". Bad ass for pirates and sweet for me.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Couple guys I had on my list and didn't go for:

Jim Thorpe potentially the greatest athlete ever. Hard to gauge from the lack of documentation though. I was more interest in him as a DB than HB.

Stanley Morgan Pats WR pre Brady so lost to the sands of history. Great long ball threat average per catch is 19.2. Just liked Easley and Rod Smith better for my team Philosophy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Couple guys I had on my list and didn't go for:

Jim Thorpe potentially the greatest athlete ever. Hard to gauge from the lack of documentation though. I was more interest in him as a DB than HB.

Stanley Morgan Pats WR pre Brady so lost to the sands of history. Great long ball threat average per catch is 19.2. Just liked Easley and Rod Smith better for my team Philosophy.
Maxie Baughn was the other OLB I was looking at with my last pick. 9 Pro Bowls but not in the hall of fame.

Similarly, Andy Russell who predated the Steel Curtain

LC Greenwood as a DE I am definitely surprised didn’t go, if I hadn’t drafted as many pass rushers as I did in short order, I was prepared to take him in the middle of the draft.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Jim Langer not getting picked was a bit surprising. Most have him in the 5-8 range amongst best centers of all-time. James Harrison is another guy I thought would've been selected by someone.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
1. St. Vital Mustangs 59
3. Santiago Chiles 61
7. Houston Apollos 72
8. London Lightning 73
9. Philadelphia Bell 75
11. Duluth Eskimos 100
13. Dillon Panthers 108

How are the Duluth Eskimos ranked so low? I'd love to hear voters rational behind that. They should be top 3 imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad