Post-Game Talk: RR #2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! BUT THE BEAR SHOWED LIFE - TB 3 BRUINS 2 F

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Not worried the least bit by what I saw today. Bs were the better team for stretches, with the first line playing more in exhibition than playoff mode. Doesn't appear the Bs are all that concerned with seeding. TB got some lucky bounces. Bs didn't cash in like they should have on the PP. Bs could have taken this game, and they were not even playing as hard they could have. Rest up boys, work on some things against the Caps, stay healthy, and kick some ass in the playoffs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
How does the best team in the NHL all year come out so flat when the games start back up again?

Cause this means squat is why.They had top seed and all of a sudden told have to play again for it and vs 3 teams .Flyers had no shot at that.That said this eliminates alot of pressure now and they should be able to get things rolling next round.Would you want them 1st rd?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He was easily one of their best players today

@Trap Jesus Yeah, going to have to disagree. Was regularly behind the play, made the routine plays look tough, and the tough plays look impossible. Not a viable option, IMO.Over 17 minutes of ice time, just under 2 minutes of PP time, and zero shots. 2 measly hits, and even then, weak hits. The guy sucks, especially misused in a scoring role.

Wagner was by far their best player and most engaged. Kuraly looked decent as well.

member 96824

This should be whatever since these are pretty much preseaosn games to get up to speed and we played well. It's just a SHAM that we ran away with the president's trophy and our reward is playing Pittsburgh or Carolina in the first round. Total joke to make these games determine seeding when our second line RW is still coming back from a quarantine. We should beat whoever we play, but it's still stupid and offensive
The NHL hasn't had a good idea in 30 years.

The Bruins still had a shot to control their own destiny and decided to show up the way they did...

Blaming the league is loser maple leaf mentality

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
They looked great from the half point on. I’m not panicking.

Top line needs to figure it out 5on5. PP had some really good looks, Pasta getting the one-timer going again.

Kuhlman is not a top 9 player, needs to be moved. Hope Kase is close.

Debrusk was invisible, and can’t blame it on him being on the off wing. Needs to be better.

Rask looked good, kept us in the game numerous times.

Overall it was an improvement from Sunday.

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
I feel like this game was progress.

First game we even arguably should have won since RTP, IMO.

We almost needed something to happen, and Tampa’s players delivered. If they start playing like we know they can again, we may have Tampa bay to thank.

Reactions: JOKER 192

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
How the hell does Tampa incur a penalty, then clear the puck, then get in the position of needing to touch it to blow it dead?....THIS makes me question coaching, That should have been caught/questioned by Cassidy and crew...
See the 13 seconds remaining mark...a 6 on 4 for 12 seconds could have tied it.
I'm mad.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This should be whatever since these are pretty much preseaosn games to get up to speed and we played well. It's just a SHAM that we ran away with the president's trophy and our reward is playing Pittsburgh or Carolina in the first round. Total joke to make these games determine seeding when our second line RW is still coming back from a quarantine. We should beat whoever we play, but it's still stupid and offensive

The NHLPA wanted the Round Robin

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Much better rhythm towards the end of that game. Actually started to get shit done 5 on 5. Then boom they lose.

Hope they can build on the play prior to that last goal against the Caps.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
so, we can't get the 1st seed. can we even get 2nd?
Don't think so - Philly v Wash is still to happen and either Philly will get 2 points (and so have 4) or Wash will (and so will have 3). At least. I guess if Bos beats Wash and Philly also beats Wash we can get 3rd. I wouldn't count on it tho. We'll likely get pitt.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we played well.
if mcavoy could hit a one timer we take the lead.
im convinced the older guys are coasting until playoffs.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

McGarnagle says: "The NHL hasn't had a good idea in 30 years."

Really, I don't agree. I can't believe anyone would agree.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad