Post-Game Talk: RR #2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! BUT THE BEAR SHOWED LIFE - TB 3 BRUINS 2 F

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
This management team doesn't appreciate the ability to actual put the puck in the net. Sorry they don't. They are loaded with pass-first players and have very few players who get the puck away consistently with power and velocity. I see lots of guys picking corners, scoring off the rush, and I don't see any of that from the Bruins.

I've been watching the other games and this re-start is all about shooters. The ice is crap, players are rusty and lack cohesion. Trying to make 4-5-6 consecutive clean passes is a nightmare. No wonder a team chaulk full of pass-first players is struggling to score, struggling to get through the neutral zone. Shooting ability and scoring off the rush has been a weakness for this team for a few years now. The current conditions don't lend itself well to a team like the Bruins where passing a lot and maintaining possession is a key part of their success.

It's amazing how hard the Bruins make scoring look at times compared to the rest of the league. Even more so now if the top line isn't going strong.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This management team doesn't appreciate the ability to actual put the puck in the net. Sorry they don't. They are loaded with pass-first players and have very few players who get the puck away consistently with power and velocity. I see lots of guys picking corners, scoring off the rush, and I don't see any of that from the Bruins.

I've been watching the other games and this re-start is all about shooters. The ice is crap, players are rusty and lack cohesion. Trying to make 4-5-6 consecutive clean passes is a nightmare. No wonder a team chaulk full of pass-first players is struggling to score, struggling to get through the neutral zone. Shooting ability and scoring off the rush has been a weakness for this team for a few years now. The current conditions don't lend itself well to a team like the Bruins where passing a lot and maintaining possession is a key part of their success.

Spot on. Been driving me nuts for years now. What's weirder is that they go out and draft skill players and then when they reach Providence, the organization basically tries to change their entire game and make them into 2 way grinders, with a heavy emphasis on defense. So odd.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Spot on. Been driving me nuts for years now. What's weirder is that they go out and draft skill players and then when they reach Providence, the organization basically tries to change their entire game and make them into 2 way grinders, with a heavy emphasis on defense. So odd.
.......or they play them out of position and then wonder why they struggle.

I don’t know how many times we are going to try to play Jake DeBrusk on the right before we finally figure out that he sucks there.

Reactions: Pia8988 and LSCII

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
While I know it was unpopular around these parts to suggest moving DK, I was on the bandwagon for doing it last off season. No clue why they didn't, tbh. It made too much sense. His value was really high, he was guaranteed to only get older and slower, and they needed cap space desperately. Since they kept him though, Krug likely walks, and they still have nobody who fits with Krejci. lol
Just keep stocking up on defense men Donny. He's got a fetish for them. Not that it's a bad thing but then not fixing the 2RW issue, trading for a highly damaged Kase and a seemingly disinterested guy who doesn't seem to give two shit's in brother Nick is, well, it's called Bruins.

Reactions: JoeyBananas

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's amazing how hard the Bruins make scoring look at times compared to the rest of the league. Even more so now if the top line isn't going strong.

The Bruins have three 35-50 goal scorers on the top line. That simply must be the highest percentage of team scoring in the NHL.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Chill out. I love Bergeron. I also think it’s fair to call him out from time to time, same as the guys you listed above.

Apologies... I was pretty heated after the game... my issue isn't with calling out Bergeron... it's singling him out when it's a team wide struggle right now. Clearly he's battling something, after a day off yesterday he's still not on the ice... same for Krech... not good.

Reactions: Fair Warning

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Has anyone posted a video clip of that hit? I'd like to see it in slo mo

I searched for it and it was very difficult to find. Found it as part of an article on the game, but no clip on youtube as far as I could see. The issue is that Bjork was shooting and drops to one knee right before contact. So that's the justification the league used to not suspend.

Reactions: hrdpuk

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't care if Anders was on one knee or both knees or standing up. There was plenty of time for the Lightning player to let up. Plus it was a blindside hit.

NHL "discipline" is a joke.

It was a blind side hit and he did have time to not follow through with it. The league took the easy way out though, which is what I expected.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->