WWE: Royal Rumble Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I like reading the commentary here because it saves me from actually having to watch Raws. I don't know how some of you guys do it, the occasional times I tune into Raw I can last about 10-15 minutes tops unless its post WM Raw. I lurk more than anything.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
weren't you the one complaining about people driving by only for rumble/mania season last night? That's not very welcoming...

I was just ******* around. I thought that was pretty clear when I proposed the absurd idea of building a 300 ft brick wall. Also, it was more directed to that one poster who managed to grind all of our gears simultaneously and start a 100 vs. 1 argument. :laugh:

... Also drunk.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I was just ******* around. I thought that was pretty clear when I proposed the absurd idea of building a 300 ft brick wall. Also, it was more directed to that one poster who managed to grind all of our gears simultaneously and start a 100 vs. 1 argument. :laugh:

... Also drunk.

:laugh:

I usually don't hang around here, I have another board for wrestling but the wrestling thread is banned until february

you guys are my second pick, how does that make you feel

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

... Also drunk.
Sounds like I missed some fun in the thread then lol. Which topic is it in? You lot post way too much to read it all after the fact.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meh. He's now creeping around the title a little bit.

Maybe they will surprise us and Bray will go over Brock. But with the Wyatt Family already getting the better of him twice in a row, I doubt it.

Also, why wouldn't the League throw Reigns into the ring after putting him through the table, and then get him in and throw him out themselves? Found that weird.

Loved the PPV though. Maybe as a casual viewer, I take things less seriously as the "IWC".

Like, people are complaining about WrestleMania already, but I think the card is shaping up to be fantastic.

I like how it's shaping up as well, essentially except for the world title. Lesnar/Wyatt is something different. Those Wyatt/Heyman promos should be fun, and we already know Heyman is money when it comes to build up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I like how it's shaping up as well, essentially except for the world title. Lesnar/Wyatt is something different. Those Wyatt/Heyman promos should be fun, and we already know Heyman is money when it comes to build up.

Yup.

We could see a fatal 4-way with Owens vs Zayn vs AJ vs Ambrose

New Day will be defending.

Kalisto will be defending.

Taker's only logical opponent is Kane. Especially if this is the end of the road for them.

Mark Henry apparent retirement as well.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think that Rumble ending would've been better with Bryan being #30 and Bray winning with Reigns' elimination still coming at the hands of Trips. People may not like listening to Bray anymore because they book him like a tard but every time there's a stare down or something, there is a lot of interest. His words become so legitimate if he had won that title last night. They could've made a top heel, top champion for a new face to chase, and a new faction.

I know Bray isn't going anywhere but it's sad that he can be made with one moment. There aren't a lot of talents that are literally set up like that right now. You'd need to push KO and invest into him and carefully line up his stories to really get him into that top end where it goes well. Bray? I don't think you do. One World Title win makes him. Look how long it took Seth to establish himself as a legitimate top heel after winning the title. He was moving that way before and him winning the title was perfect for him but he still needed protection to some extent after doing so to keep interest and build it for him as the cowardly heel champ.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I guess I see what you mean about a ring general. I'm just not convinced Jericho was the glue that held it all together.

Damn, Sasha got a huge pop. What the **** was with Charlotte no-selling the Bank Statement???

Charlotte is horrible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

... Also drunk.

But that one guy stopped posting after my post lirl

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I've actively bailed on going out to watch PPVs or Raw's with my wrestling fan friends because I prefer being here to talk to you guys (last night being a rare time where I actually went out). So that about sums it up for me. We've made a really good community here, one that's much better than other wrestling forums (-cough- WF) and I personally take a mild annoyance being called terrible people who whine too much. We whine because we want the product to be better and it's almost always backed up with valid reasons.

I hate each and everyone of you.

Especially the coffee drinker and Christian Serratos.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think that Rumble ending would've been better with Bryan being #30 and Bray winning with Reigns' elimination still coming at the hands of Trips. People may not like listening to Bray anymore because they book him like a tard but every time there's a stare down or something, there is a lot of interest. His words become so legitimate if he had won that title last night. They could've made a top heel, top champion for a new face to chase, and a new faction.

I know Bray isn't going anywhere but it's sad that he can be made with one moment. There aren't a lot of talents that are literally set up like that right now. You'd need to push KO and invest into him and carefully line up his stories to really get him into that top end where it goes well. Bray? I don't think you do. One World Title win makes him. Look how long it took Seth to establish himself as a legitimate top heel after winning the title. He was moving that way before and him winning the title was perfect for him but he still needed protection to some extent after doing so to keep interest and build it for him as the cowardly heel champ.
Bray is being used correctly IMO. Like you said, he takes just a second to set him. He can take the loss, and is very easy to build up again after it. He's an amazing tool that can put faces over time after time and still be legit. And that roll is very valuably to the company. His 'failure' as a wrestler is really due to how amazing good he his at doing his job.

But when it's time to pull the trigger, you sure as hell know that everyone is going to be right there with it. And it's gonna be awesome.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bray is being used correctly IMO. Like you said, he takes just a second to set him. He can take the loss, and is very easy to build up again after it. He's an amazing tool that can put faces over time after time and still be legit. And that roll is very valuably to the company. His 'failure' as a wrestler is really due to how amazing good he his at doing his job.

But when it's time to pull the trigger, you sure as hell know that everyone is going to be right there with it. And it's gonna be awesome.

The problem is that the trigger has been ready to be pulled in many different instances over the last year or so. There's only so long you can actually wait on that before you lose impact. Just because Bray is on the cusp of being a made man doesn't mean that the window is there for whenever they decide it's time. You can pass him over too many times to where his ability to draw interest in something he does goes up in smoke.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Oh for sure. Which is why you hold off his 'real push' for as long as possible. Once that happens, he can go back to putting people over again. Then the cycle repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad