WWE: Royal Rumble Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Bray is slowly building. I'm excited to see the payoff. I think he'll lose to Brock most likely, (though, they may have Braun face him instead) however after that, I think 2016 will be very good for Bray Wyatt.

Like clockwork - we literally say this every year. He's gonna lose to Lesnar and promptly float around again.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I know people like to say Bray has been booked poorly, and for a lot of the time he has, but the dude is going into his 3rd mania and his opponents have been John Cena, The Undertaker, and Brock Lesnar. That doesn't happen by accident, clearly everyone backstage recognizes how good he is.

AJ's pop was outrageous.

The undercard was very strong as well.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Honestly, I don't know if it was bad production or if they really thought people wouldn't recognize him at the "phenomenal" cue. They're really that dumb sometimes, so I wonder

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Does anyone have the YT vid for AJ's entrance?

As great as it was for AJ to debut, how do they **** it up by showing Reigns' non-reaction instead of AJ's Titantron?

I do kind of wish they did that pan out camera to show everything. I like that better, but it was still a cool moment.

Judging by Owens' reaction when Zayn came out, I think that's the program that's gonna happen. Owens eliminating Styles was more for heat purposes.

I REALLY hope they keep Zayn/Owens on the side until next year's WM. That's a grudge match that cannot be rushed. I'd like to see them go their separate ways for now and then meet again down the road but for a title or something. It's WM worthy, but would feel rushed if it were this one as Owens does not have a title.

I really do love the Rumble event, but the recent use of the Rumble by WWE has been less than great. The last 5 Royal Rumble winners have been...

2012 - Sheamus
2013 - John Cena
2014 - Batista
2015 - Roman Reigns
2016 - Triple H

Two of those five guys are part timers and the other three guys usually get a regular mix of boos and cheers from fans. Seriously, when is the last time the majority of fans were actually excited about a guy winning the Rumble? Edge in 2010?

I really think one of the biggest disconnects between WWE and their fans is the Rumble itself. What other event can you have nearly every guy in the company displayed in one match and be able to gauge the fans' response to them? This should be an event that the WWE looks at every year and says, "whoa, Wrestler A just got a huge positive response from the fans. Maybe we should do something positive with them soon to build and capitalize off of that response." Instead, WWE pushes their own narrative and blames things like smark towns for "their guys" not getting the reactions they want and "internet darlings" getting the better reactions.

I think the brand split hurts, too. There is seriously 1-2 people that can win the Rumble each year. And this year... even though there were 3, all of them came back to Roman Reigns in the program. So even if we have 3 people capable of winning, it's all teh same crap.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I stopped watching wrestling "seriously" about 10 years ago, now I just tune in for the Rumble and Mania...what a bummer seeing HHH win the title again. It's like, the more things change...

Agree with people who said it sucks that the whole Rumble match basically serves 1 storyline these days, i.e. Reigns/HHH. And yeah there hasn't been that "anyone can win it" feeling in a real long time.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, I found Reigns reaction to be perfect. He seemed confused, and then when AJ came out you could see his eyes grow big with shock.

People are overreacting with HHH winning. He took quite a few bumps from guys in the Rumble, and didn't bury anyone.

Bray is slowly building. I'm excited to see the payoff. I think he'll lose to Brock most likely, (though, they may have Braun face him instead) however after that, I think 2016 will be very good for Bray Wyatt.
HHH winning literally buries everyone.
ISdDY.jpg

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I don't even know what this means. Veteran or rookie, I can't see how he made the match any better. I mostly groaned when he would stop resting in the corner to actually make a move. He's washed up and has pretty much no star power left. It's over.

Here's what I mean: Jericho gives off that "dad" vibe that a lot of people seem to hate, but he was like a Rumble chaperone in there. Yeah, AJ Styles is a grizzled vet but it's his first night and would be a big ask.

Jericho served the role of Ring General: making sure the match bridges smoothly from the opening to the closing parts. There aren't many guys left who can do that who have been in the Rumble match and understand the concepts.

It's really more of a theory on my part....but it explains why Jericho didn't eliminate anyone save Kofi off camera. This Ring General role did not exist in 2014 or 2015 and look what happened, it was a disjointed mess throughout. Don't let hatred of a guy blind you to the fact that he knows what he's doing.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Like clockwork - we literally say this every year. He's gonna lose to Lesnar and promptly float around again.

Meh. He's now creeping around the title a little bit.

Maybe they will surprise us and Bray will go over Brock. But with the Wyatt Family already getting the better of him twice in a row, I doubt it.

Also, why wouldn't the League throw Reigns into the ring after putting him through the table, and then get him in and throw him out themselves? Found that weird.

Loved the PPV though. Maybe as a casual viewer, I take things less seriously as the "IWC".

Like, people are complaining about WrestleMania already, but I think the card is shaping up to be fantastic.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
We need to discuss Luke Harper and how much he bumped in the Rumble. Good lord, you're a big dude! Take it easy!

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Here's what I mean: Jericho gives off that "dad" vibe that a lot of people seem to hate, but he was like a Rumble chaperone in there. Yeah, AJ Styles is a grizzled vet but it's his first night and would be a big ask.

Jericho served the role of Ring General: making sure the match bridges smoothly from the opening to the closing parts. There aren't many guys left who can do that who have been in the Rumble match and understand the concepts.

It's really more of a theory on my part....but it explains why Jericho didn't eliminate anyone save Kofi off camera. This Ring General role did not exist in 2014 or 2015 and look what happened, it was a disjointed mess throughout. Don't let hatred of a guy blind you to the fact that he knows what he's doing.
I guess I see what you mean about a ring general. I'm just not convinced Jericho was the glue that held it all together.

Damn, Sasha got a huge pop. What the **** was with Charlotte no-selling the Bank Statement???

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Meh. He's now creeping around the title a little bit.

Maybe they will surprise us and Bray will go over Brock. But with the Wyatt Family already getting the better of him twice in a row, I doubt it.

Also, why wouldn't the League throw Reigns into the ring after putting him through the table, and then get him in and throw him out themselves? Found that weird.

Loved the PPV though. Maybe as a casual viewer, I take things less seriously as the "IWC".

Like, people are complaining about WrestleMania already, but I think the card is shaping up to be fantastic.
The best thing you can do to keep enjoying wrestling is to just stay away from internet forums. Wrestling fans are terrible people who ***** and moan about every little thing that doesn't go their way. It's not really not worth trying to endure it.

I really regret posting here more than I enjoy it really.

And I'm with you, I really like the looks of what's coming.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ Why not just say something like "I understand why people are frustrated with the product, but I really enjoy wrestlign no matter what happens." Trying to defend it is so strange to me. At least try to understand where the frustration is coming from.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
^^ Why not just say something like "I understand why people are frustrated with the product, but I really enjoy wrestlign no matter what happens." Trying to defend it is so strange to me. At least try to understand where the frustration is coming from.

When someone asks why I would watch such crap my standard reply is: "I watch in the hope that it will get better"

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The best thing you can do to keep enjoying wrestling is to just stay away from internet forums. Wrestling fans are terrible people who ***** and moan about every little thing that doesn't go their way. It's not really not worth trying to endure it.

I really regret posting here more than I enjoy it really.

And I'm with you, I really like the looks of what's coming.
Posting about wrestling here > watching wrestling. AINEC

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would not watch anything other than PPVs if it weren't for HF Boards. It's so much fun posting around here. Kimi definitely in the minority.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i'd not be watching at all if I'd never found this board...any interest at all in the product is based off discussions i've been in here...

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
This place being the reason you watch wrestling, and coming here because you actually like wrestling, are two very, very different sides of it.

One side enjoys the group *****ing, the other is massively put off by it. They really can't co-exist, and 'cos it's the internet the majority will fall into the first side.

But this place could be a lot worse really. Once you get past the initial flurry of post-show hate it gets a lot better lol.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I've actively bailed on going out to watch PPVs or Raw's with my wrestling fan friends because I prefer being here to talk to you guys (last night being a rare time where I actually went out). So that about sums it up for me. We've made a really good community here, one that's much better than other wrestling forums (-cough- WF) and I personally take a mild annoyance being called terrible people who whine too much. We whine because we want the product to be better and it's almost always backed up with valid reasons.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I've actively bailed on going out to watch PPVs or Raw's with my wrestling fan friends because I prefer being here to talk to you guys (last night being a rare time where I actually went out). So that about sums it up for me. We've made a really good community here, one that's much better than other wrestling forums (-cough- WF) and I personally take a mild annoyance being called terrible people who whine too much. We whine because we want the product to be better and it's almost always backed up with valid reasons.

weren't you the one complaining about people driving by only for rumble/mania season last night? That's not very welcoming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark