Roy Halladay has died - plane crash in Gulf of Mexico

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
That's still literally nothing in the aviation world, and had he had more sober hours in the aircraft he might actually still be here.
I'd say the accident happened because he was impaired not from lack of training. His dad is a life long pilot who started teaching Roy how to fly as a kid. He had two types of opioids, amphetamine, muscle relaxant and sleeping pill in his system and was flying like a maniac.

Reactions: Voight

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Halladay's inner demons were the reason he crashed, not lack of experience.

Watch ESPNs doc on him and you'll understand.

Always amazes me that no matter how gifted and talented one might be, how much money in the world they have that we could only dream to have a fraction of, how happy they may seem to be and how perfect their life should be -- none of that matters if they are completely broken on the inside, and they too face the same struggles as us regular folks do even though we view them as some supernatural figures.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Always amazes me that no matter how gifted and talented one might be, how much money in the world they have that we could only dream to have a fraction of, how happy they may seem to be and how perfect their life should be -- none of that matters if they are completely broken on the inside, and they too face the same struggles as us regular folks do even though we view them as some supernatural figures.

Tiger Woods was Mr Perfect; the cleanest athlete on the planet until he couldn't resist sex with multiple and any woman.

I remember in the Halladay Doc his wife said he just felt that if people were paying good money to see him pitch he had to play good and as a result took painkiller's to stay on the field and force himself to play 7 innings a night.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah experience isn't really relevant. He got high and went on a joyride thinking he was Evil Kinevil. he could have had all the experience in the world and still probably would've tried to push the boundaries.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tiger Woods was Mr Perfect; the cleanest athlete on the planet until he couldn't resist sex with multiple and any woman.

I remember in the Halladay Doc his wife said he just felt that if people were paying good money to see him pitch he had to play good and as a result took painkiller's to stay on the field and force himself to play 7 innings a night.

In the grand scheme of things, Tiger's fall from grace was one of the more tame ones we've seen.

Cheating on his wife is certainly not cool but it's not like he went out in a drug and/or alcohol induced blaze of glory or something. He just couldn't keep it in his pants.

Halladay's by comparison is much worse given by the sounds of it he was a broken man at the end of his career with the combination of a long career doing serious damage to his post retirement health which in turn led to relying on painkillers to function.

Sucks. He was by far my favorite baseball player growing up and was largely the only reason worth watching the Jays for a good chunk of the 2000s

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
In the grand scheme of things, Tiger's fall from grace was one of the more tame ones we've seen.

Cheating on his wife is certainly not cool but it's not like he went out in a drug and/or alcohol induced blaze of glory or something. He just couldn't keep it in his pants.

Halladay's by comparison is much worse given by the sounds of it he was a broken man at the end of his career with the combination of a long career doing serious damage to his post retirement health which in turn led to relying on painkillers to function.

Sucks. He was by far my favorite baseball player growing up and was largely the only reason worth watching the Jays for a good chunk of the 2000s

Woods was once found passed out behind the wheel of his vehicle... and I'm pretty sure drugs were involved

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
it has been alleged the he wasnt totally sober and neither was Elin when she chased him out of the house with the golf club resulting in the wreck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad