Roy Halladay has died - plane crash in Gulf of Mexico

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

One person died in the crash. It is not known if Halladay was in the plane, however, Ryan Bass, the sports director at the CBS Tampa affiliate, reports the tail number of the aircraft does match Halladay’s plane.

a2RzkIX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
terrible. they are apparently releasing the name of the deceased at 4:15 press conference. doesnt sound good at all. someone is dead which is terrible either way but please don't be Doc.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Looking over his Twitter account is heart breaking. He was really excited about this plane. The fact that he hasn't tweeted out that he's ok makes me assume the worst.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Looking over his Twitter account is heart breaking. He was really excited about this plane. The fact that he hasn't tweeted out that he's ok makes me assume the worst.

and the fact that they are having a press conference to release the name of the deceased. i believe small aircraft accidents like this aren't too uncommon in that area. this isn't like a small plane crashed in the heart of a big metro city or something.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He just got the plane on Oct 12th

https://www.iconaircraft.com/updates...r-roy-halladay

ICON Aircraft delivered the first Model Year 2018 (MY18) A5 to former Major League Baseball pitcher, Roy Halladay. Halladay, who pitched for the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies, has been a regular ICON A5 renter and longtime deposit holder. In addition to having all MY18 upgrades, Halladay's A5 is the first of 100 specially equipped Founders Edition (A5 FE) aircraft to be built. It is also the first A5 with airframe structures manufactured entirely at ICON's new in-house composites manufacturing facility.

"I've been dreaming about flying since I was a boy but was only able to become a pilot once I retired from baseball," said Halladay. "I've owned other aircraft, but no aircraft embodies the adventure or captured the dream of flying like the A5. Not only is it the safest and easiest aircraft I've ever flown, it is hands-down the most fun. The beaches, lakes, and waterways my family and I get to explore around Florida are mind-blowing. Words don't do justice to what the A5 allows us to experience. Even my wife, who used to be uncomfortable in small planes, now asks where we should take the A5 for the weekend. I'm honored to own the first A5 Founders Edition."

Sep 19, 2008
Wow I'm devastated. He was a DAMN GOOD pitcher with the Jays and Phillies. One of the best I ever saw growing up.

Just so sad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ugh one of the favorite pitchers I've ever watched...a true throwback in terms of being a workhorse and efficiency. Poor guy still had like half his life in front of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad