Blue Jays Discussion: Roy Halladay elected to 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame class

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also, thinking about it, I'd be pissed if I was Kendrys Morales. Dude's a world series champion and a veteran and has the added perspective of being a defecting Cuban player and knowing all the crap that he would've had to go through to make that happen, and is generally well regarded as a popular clubhouse guy and great mentor. But here comes Marcus Stroman to say the team needs Carlos ****ing Gomez to teach the kids. Like Morales isn't good enough to do that.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
They're going into camp with 14 players who have been in the majors for 5 or more seasons and 20 players who are 28+ years old. Their opening day roster will likely include 7-8 players who are over the age of 30 and a handful of players (Morales, Richard, Galvis) who have been lauded for their leadership abilities with other organizations. All this during a damn rebuild... and he thinks the problem is a lack of leadership?

None of them are any of those good ol' Ontario boys

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I wonder if we can get Vladdy to just spend the entire winter with Stroman next year? Get Vladdy away from the ice cream for a couple months see how it goes.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
wonder if we will see more teams locking up players now that free agency has been so hit and miss the last couple years. might see players take a bit less then they think they want so they don't have to deal with the unknown

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not a Jays fan but am a Stroman fan, and I have to say I’m almost getting embarrassed/tired of saying I’m a Stroman fan. Seems like he’s living off his rookie year where the HDMH thing was a real thing to beleive in and get behind because it was a great story and all.

Now it just seems like it’s all he has left to claim since he hasn’t been able to build off that hype. I was a huge Stroman fan back then but now he just seems like a loud mouth.

May he really does love it in Canada, but I find it kind of weird how hard he is preaching how much he loves Canada and no one loves it more than him. Feels like it’s kind of damage control at this rate, based off his bad pitching. He’s had this “I love Canada” energy for awhile but he seems to really be trying to emphasis it more.

Reactions: Anthrax442 and kb

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
Little man syndrome. Had to unfollow him on twitter and insta.. just can't stand him anymore. He's had 2 good seasons out of 4 (not counting his torn acl season). The day that he leaves Toronto he is going to make a very loud exit.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
wonder if we will see more teams locking up players now that free agency has been so hit and miss the last couple years. might see players take a bit less then they think they want so they don't have to deal with the unknown

If the players union is smart (which they aren't) they'll be discouraging anyone from doing that. Considering there's zero incentive from the team side, that's basically just a concession that players are OK with the current system.

We've talked a bunch about labour in this thread over the past couple of weeks - this tweet thread sums up my thoughts nicely.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
If the players union is smart (which they aren't) they'll be discouraging anyone from doing that. Considering there's zero incentive from the team side, that's basically just a concession that players are OK with the current system.

We've talked a bunch about labour in this thread over the past couple of weeks - this tweet thread sums up my thoughts nicely.

I'd buy the righteous perspective more that a lot of these players are taking if they were putting more energy into spreading the wealth among themselves. It's mostly the top guys that aren't getting their astronomical contracts, and the minor-leaguers still don't have anything resembling a living wage. It just comes off as a disingenuous appeal to me otherwise, even if there is some logic to it. That's not to say I'm on the owners' side. I think it's possible to think both sides are out to lunch.

Reactions: theaub

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ross's response was obviously very calculated. I wonder what he is actually thinking about Stro these days.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
MLB.com revealed their top 30 team prospect list for the AL East but the Jays and Rays weren’t realeased as they are top 10 ranked farms.

Reactions: canucksfan

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
lmao I feel like Stroman just spent the night going through twitter liking any tweet taking a dump on Shapiro and Atkins. Blue Jays and messy first weeks of Spring Training....nothing like it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dude likes his drama. You can go to any workplace outside of acting - no one likes coworkers who drum up drama.

Reactions: ktownhockey

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So if Stroman sucks again this year do we then have to acknowledge that Zaun was right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad