Series Discussion Round Two: Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche | STARS WIN 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Has this ever been done before?

Unless it's some obscure thing in the infancy of the league, I can't imagine it's ever happened before.

NBC was supposed to have the Olympics right around now. Maybe that's the desperation for keeping stuff on television. Who knows? Sucks that the network is able to dictate so much.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Unless it's some obscure thing in the infancy of the league, I can't imagine it's ever happened before.

NBC was supposed to have the Olympics right around now. Maybe that's the desperation for keeping stuff on television. Who knows? Sucks that the network is able to dictate so much.
I think the NBA has in the past.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Dallas better not have an effing B2B this series. It doesn't seem like anyone else is starting, and that means very likely, the rest of the series start on Monday with B2B for the advancing teams if this does go 7.

it’s not confirmed but a friend I know works for NBC and he said as far as he knows VAN/MTL/PHL/STL will be playing Monday if they go to a game 7, so yes they will be starting on a b2b while VGK NYI BOS will be rested

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So the teams that don't finish their series fast get extra punishment with absolutely no days off . No travel i know but still that sucks especially since the opponents will be rested . At least Stars have today off.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With the stupid back to back in round 1 it really would've been better if the team had another day off tomorow but well it is what it is. At least they have one day off .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dallas better not have an effing B2B this series. It doesn't seem like anyone else is starting, and that means very likely, the rest of the series start on Monday with B2B for the advancing teams if this does go 7.

but the network windows!!!!

FeedDaPuck

Mar 17, 2008
Everywhere
Any insight you can share into Bishop’s situation?

Johns?
Johns is done. Possibly for good. Another concussion. Feel horrible for him.

With Bish – this is my personal 'take, so treat it accordingly – the "injury" is the result of some old nagging small injury. Bish is known for "injuries" throughout his career, that other players have no trouble playing through. I can tell you that there are a couple of guys on the team that are playing with injuries (and quite significant ones) and you hear zero complaints from them.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Johns is done. Possibly for good. Another concussion. Feel horrible for him.

With Bish – this is my personal 'take, so treat it accordingly – the "injury" is the result of some old nagging small injury. Bish is known for "injuries" throughout his career, that other players have no trouble playing through. I can tell you that there are a couple of guys on the team that are playing with injuries (and quite significant ones) and you hear zero complaints from them.
Where are you getting the inside information?

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
So the teams that don't finish their series fast get extra punishment with absolutely no days off . No travel i know but still that sucks especially since the opponents will be rested . At least Stars have today off.
Maybe the "balancing" factor is that those teams who haven't finished their series yet, in the end, have to play more games. And, yes, I think it's a good thing they are off today; and it was smart of Bowness to take them outside together. Get some sunshine-y, vitamin-D goodness.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Yup can say it is an amazing day here as well. All these comments Bowness said makes me wonder how heavily impacted the two finalists teams will be by then. They are going to be pretty mentally fatigued.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Yes. He is recognized by HF as someone with inside information.

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s gospel, but it’s much better than speculation.
Got it, thanks!
Smth like that. Boys are all pissed about the scheduling for Game 1 and are headed out to a soccer field. First trip out of the bubble.
I'd be pissed too. Should be a Sunday (if both other series end today) or Monday start.

Oh and tell Bishop to get his ass back in net, we don't have a chance to win without him. No knock to Khudobin.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Meh. It probably affects Bishop's mental game more than his physical game. It happens.

FeedDaPuck

Mar 17, 2008
Everywhere
Got it, thanks!

I'd be pissed too. Should be a Sunday (if both other series end today) or Monday start.

Oh and tell Bishop to get his ass back in net, we don't have a chance to win without him. No knock to Khudobin.

My opinion: I think the team actually will play better with Dobbie and he is more liked. That said, why would you give a player, who always looks for an excuse NOT to play, a chance to play? Dobbie stole one game in the first round – 2:1 win; was decent in a defenseless series, with more than admirable save numbers. Avs are a a better match up team for Dallas, than Calgary, St. Louis or Vegas. I will predict that Dallas wins it in 6. Also, don't forget that you scored a ton and you got NO production from your first line. Also, your two off–season pick ups by Nill, who were thought of as busts in the regular season are playing extremely well. They were picked just for the play offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad