GDT: ROUND THREE | GAME THREE | Penguins vs Senators | 8:00 p.m. EST | CBC, NBCSN

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I meant that it only counts as one win despite the blowout. Gotta stay humble and hungry.

Ottawa seems to have an element of hunger we haven't seen from any other team in the East. EK, Phanuef, Andy, Stone, Methot, Hoff, Brass, Turris, Smith, Ceci, - the entire group play hungry every game.

Hunger is a crucial element to winning, we have it in spades

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Don Cherry had to shut the crowd down because people were to excited, it was amazing.

It's kind of amusing to think that if this same thing were happening in Toronto, not only would he let it happen, but he'd probably have the camera focus on them for a bit.

Anyway, **** Coach's Corner, **** NBC, **** Pierre McGuire slobbering all over Crosby. Have never cared less – this team is fun to watch, fun to support, and this is one hell of a fun run. The city's behind the team, the crowd's been insane at every single home game, no exceptions, and we're finding ways to win games.

If an octogenarian dimwit whose claim to fame is a single NHL game and an ill-advised too many men call wants to shut down the cheering, he's more than welcome to try. But with this team playing this way and with this fanbase, he won't be successful.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Speakin of Don. What was that BS postgame whining about the Malkin misconduct?

Pens ***** at the refs all game, its just what they do. Perfect time to send a message to them to cut it out, and it doesn't hurt them in any way. Would he rather they do it beginning of next game and then have Malkin sitting for 10 mins during a critical game for the Pens?

We would love that, but it's bad form and the NHL would be pissed. Perfect time to send a message without tipping the balance either way.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Speakin of Don. What was that BS postgame whining about the Malkin misconduct?

Pens ***** at the refs all game, its just what they do. Perfect time to send a message to them to cut it out, and it doesn't hurt them in any way. Would he rather they do it beginning of next game and then have Malkin sitting for 10 mins during a critical game for the Pens?

We would love that, but it's bad form and the NHL would be pissed. Perfect time to send a message without tipping the balance either way.

I know, Hoffman trips Malkin into the boards and I was really happy, great penalty to take, and I wake up and people are upset that Hoffman tripped Malkin into the boards. Bizarre. What ever happened to eat them in the ice and beat them in the alley hockey?

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Sens played a great game last night, got a lot of chances early and they capitalized. I give EK and Boucher a lot of create for getting this team to play as a cohesive unit and for forging a close knit group. You can tell they're playing for each other. This wasn't always the case with past sens teams. The pens are playing as individuals, evidenced by Kessel's melt downs over Malkin and the pens jawing at the refs over every little thing. I'm lovin' it.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
All those years we had amazing teams and couldn't come through in the playoffs. It was often a lower seeded Leafs or Buffalo team that beat us and it seemed like they just willed it to happen. The got bounces, they got crazy goaltending, made it hard to get a shot on net. They just found ways to win.
The Leafs were the higher seed in 3/4 series we played them.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Ceci barely played against Crosby (unless you mean on the PK?). He was heavily matched up against Malkin, while Karlsson was all over Crosby.

PK and since game 1. I saw him intercept a lot of Crosby's passes and win like 50/50 board battle against him. Which is a progress since he was struggling on the board at some point this season.

If i was able to see that in a limited time against Crosby, that's say a lot about how well he played overall from a defensive stand point.

But you are right that he play mostly against Malkin.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This series is FAR from over. If they get Hornqvist, Rust and Shultz back. And if they are smart and put Murray in net, then I see this series going 6 or 7.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This series is FAR from over. If they get Hornqvist, Rust and Shultz back. And if they are smart and put Murray in net, then I see this series going 6 or 7.

Need to play the same in G4. Attack with speed, be first on puck, Hit to gain possession, Finish checks, Make clean exits.... I'd like to add hack the fn crap out of their hands

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Need to play the same in G4. Attack with speed, be first on puck, Hit to gain possession, Finish checks, Make clean exits.... I'd like to add hack the fn crap out of their hands

Yup.

Pittsburgh wins on Friday and it's a 3 game series in whcih they have home ice advantage.

Friday is an unofficial must-win.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The boys are feeling it...I have not seen this level of belief and fortitude in themselves ever. I don't think this team has ever bought into playing hockey like we are seeing right now. We are seeing full commitment to playing hard and the right way. Even in 2007 - they were not on this level. Back then everyone was riding on the back of the Pizza line, right now is a massive team effort, one collective pull on the same rope and it is crazy to see.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Be happy but don't get too cocky. Think back to after G4 of the Rangers series, we were on the receiving end of two blowouts similar to the one we fished out last night and still managed to come back and win the series.

I think the Sens can win this. We've been dealt a fantastic opportunity with a banged up Penguins squad while our entire team seems motivated and buying in. But it ain't over until we win four.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I know, Hoffman trips Malkin into the boards and I was really happy, great penalty to take, and I wake up and people are upset that Hoffman tripped Malkin into the boards. Bizarre. What ever happened to eat them in the ice and beat them in the alley hockey?

It was at center ice I think, nothing dangerous. Cherry criticized it as a lazy unnecessary penalty, as no play was going on, that gave the Penguins life on the PP to carry over to the next game. I agree to an extent but Hoffman was our man leading the charge to start the game so he gets a by from me.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Be happy but don't get too cocky. Think back to after G4 of the Rangers series, we were on the receiving end of two blowouts similar to the one we fished out last night and still managed to come back and win the series.

Sooo, you're saying G4 is another guaranteed blowout for us? sounds good to me

BadMcFadden

Aug 17, 2011
Don Cherry had to shut the crowd down because people were to excited, it was amazing.

I mean shout for a bit because you're drunk and excited sure, but after a few seconds of that its just being obnoxious and preventing them from doing their segment. This isn't like generic loud crowd noise - its a handful of people who happen to be near the broadcast.

And that being said, these segments usually look like their done from a studio or separate room at least - not sure it was wise to try and do it in the open air of the stadium. Probably don't see them do that again on Friday if they learned anything there.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I think the Sens can win this. We've been dealt a fantastic opportunity with a banged up Penguins squad while our entire team seems motivated and buying in. But it ain't over until we win four.

Every game is a new opportunity, but we certainly took this one and the Pens to the cleaners.

Good to spot Anderson a big lead and give him a little bit of a comfort zone to work in.

He looks more like the Anderson we're used to - calm, collected and clutch when he has to be.

When he's on his game, with our system in front, and some more aggressive forechecking, we're a tough team to beat.

Had a blast again! Shoutout to my 310 Row C peeps.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great game last night. Still tomorrow night is must win. I think whoever wins Game 4 wins the series.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There

What are you talking about? The trip that Hoffman took that everyone is upset about occurred at centre ice and a zone away from the puck. It was completely selfish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad