GDT: ROUND THREE | GAME THREE | Penguins vs Senators | 8:00 p.m. EST | CBC, NBCSN

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Schultz missed most of game 2 and Pitt did just fine hemming the Sens in their own zone.

Sens need more jump in their step. Waiting until 4 mins left in the game to try and score won't work. If they play with that pressure all game and hound the wimpy Pens D then we might have something to work with.

Also, if Daley does play, you gotta hit him every chance you get. He went from not skating at all with the team to likely jumping into the game tonight. Take advantage of that. He's not shifty enough to avoid contact.

I agree that the Pens are getting a lot of mileage from their D at the moment but I think it also speaks to the lack of push back the Sens had last game. We did fine in the neutral zone and we boxed them out well in the defensive zone but we didn't do a great job of generating offense and zone time in their zone. The Sens played on the perimeter too much.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I agree that the Pens are getting a lot of mileage from their D at the moment but I think it also speaks to the lack of push back the Sens had last game. We did fine in the neutral zone and we boxed them out well in the defensive zone but we didn't do a great job of generating offense and zone time in their zone. The Sens played on the perimeter too much.

We are going to grind them down, not blow them out of the water.

Yeah last game was rough but we were still on shot away from tying it.

I think people are bit too down on the team at the moment. But, again, after that snooze fest of a Game 2, I get it :laugh:

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010

I think people are bit too down on the team at the moment. But, again, after that snooze fest of a Game 2, I get it :laugh:

I agree with that and I'm not expecting a blowout but I just think we didn't make their lives hard enough last game. We missed a big opportunity to come back home 2-0 but I still think we're in good shape moving forward.

Senotaur

Jan 9, 2007
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com

I don't mind the snooze fest if we are also getting our transitional opportunities. The Pens upped their defensive game in periods 2 and 3 and that sent the Sens scrambling. Passes weren't connecting, forwards overskating the puck, not forcing the Pens D to make bad plays. They were overwhelmed for large portions of the game.

Hopefully they take the game to them a little more tonight. And we need some offense generated from MacArthur, Hoffman and maybe even Ceci.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Schultz Rust and Hornqvist are out tonight.

And so early. Must be serious. Oh well. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Anyone ever attend in the sens supporters section (312)?

How'd that go? What's that all about?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'm not wishing injury, I'm saying hurt them. Punishing forecheck. Dion coming across the slot like last game. Aggressiveness. Make them think twice about going into any corner.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
we should make sure we have a fast winger on each line and have said winger as the 1 forechecker to attack pittsburghs defence

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Anyone ever attend in the sens supporters section (312)?

How'd that go? What's that all about?

During the regular season you can stand all game, but for the playoffs you're not allowed because they have opened the section up to all Sens fans since they want to move the tickets quick. When I was in 312 for Boston, though, it did still say no opposing colours on the ticket.

If you sit in 312 you should be willing to not be bothered by a lot of fans standing up and down, flag waving, or the occasional beer spill. The fans also try to get lots of cheers going.

And you can swear cuz it's a very boisterous section :naughty:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
During the regular season you can stand all game, but for the playoffs you're not allowed because they have opened the section up to all Sens fans since they want to move the tickets quick. When I was in 312 for Boston, though, it did still say no opposing colours on the ticket.

If you sit in 312 you should be willing to not be bothered by a lot of fans standing up and down, flag waving, or the occasional beer spill. The fans also try to get lots of cheers going.

Well I am big on sailor talk . . . .

Thanks.

DDT

Aug 18, 2008

Ah, that explains it. I decided to buy tickets in that section for game 2 of the Rangers series, hoping to get the full experience, and was slightly disappointed that I was usually the one trying to lead cheers.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Hopefully playing at home with their screaming fans behind them GB let's them go a little more & plays a more up tempo game. I thought going into the 1-3-1 at the start of the 3rd period kind of killed any momentum they might have had although they hung in there for most of the period. But I would like to also see a little more attack from them, drive to the net or crash the net. If we can turn the game a little ugly it might be in our favour with all their injuries. Hope they have a great game tonight & crush those Penquins. Go Sens Go.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
s-l225.jpg

I w kind of hoping that Gb would insert a couple of guys if they are healthy enough to play at home to create more enthusiasm like Neil, Boro & Harpur. At home & in this second game is where they should take it to the Pens & start hitting them hard at every turn. They are already frustrated with the defensive system, why not **** them off more with some hard hitting on a team that doesn't like to be hit. Grind them down & wear them out & never let up, attack, attack , attack.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I w kind of hoping that Gb would insert a couple of guys if they are healthy enough to play at home to create more enthusiasm like Neil, Boro & Harpur. At home & in this second game is where they should take it to the Pens & start hitting them hard at every turn. They are already frustrated with the defensive system, why not **** them off more with some hard hitting on a team that doesn't like to be hit. Grind them down & wear them out & never let up, attack, attack , attack.

Those guys would get eaten alive by the Pens forecheck.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
If the Sens cannot find a way to beat this depleted Pittsburgh lineup and their offensive woes, then they do not deserve to be in the SCF. I'm not saying that in any disrespectful way, but it's the truth. NOW is our moment to pounce and take 2 games at home. If we can pull off both of these 2 home games we will be in the drivers seat and have a great shot at the SCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad