Pre-Game Talk: ROUND THREE | GAME SIX| Tuesday | 8:00 p.m. EST |

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
Unreal that people on here think its ok to not sell out game 6 of the ECF.

NASHVILLE thinks we are a joke...or they should.

**** it im out. Enjoy the ridicule tomorrow.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Exactly. A market like Toronto that has a huge population, there will be 4-5 people waiting to buy your tickets when you no longer have the finances to attend a game. In Ottawa, we don't have that luxury. Not to mention, many of the 'regular joes' who buy tickets in Ottawa, are the same types of 'regular joes' who only go to a game in Montreal or Toronto when they get a freebie ticket.

in 1996 population was 1,123,00. in 2016 it is 1,323,000. City is growing, where are the fans

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Tickets are more than an Ottawa problem. Just want to remind fans on what the Blue Jays went through.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/blue-jays-playoff-tickets-stub-hub-prices-drop-1.3810170

Also, Pittsburgh went through the same thing in their most recent game. Right now Ottawa (not talking resale) have the prices at a ludricous price. Tickets going for 30 in reg season are at a 400% mark up. Frankly, most people cannot afford those prices.

We can understand this happening

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What happened to taking things 10 minutes at a time... seem Boucher now talks about one game at a time...

It better be 5 minutes at a time tomorrow.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Tickets are more than an Ottawa problem. Just want to remind fans on what the Blue Jays went through.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/blue-jays-playoff-tickets-stub-hub-prices-drop-1.3810170

Also, Pittsburgh went through the same thing in their most recent game. Right now Ottawa (not talking resale) have the prices at a ludricous price. Tickets going for 30 in reg season are at a 400% mark up. Frankly, most people cannot afford those prices.

We can understand this happening

Baseball is NOT the primary sports in the city. Bad example.

Penguins sold out last game didn't they?

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Failing to sell out yet another playoff game would make a pretty damning statement about the quality of our fanbase, and I can't see how anyone could try to defend it or argue otherwise.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
in 1996 population was 1,123,00. in 2016 it is 1,323,000. City is growing, where are the fans

There's ~600k people who are possibly capable of buying a ticket in the Ottawa census region.
The arena holds 18500+.
We are now going on game 9...
Which means that to sell out every game, you need roughly 1/3 of those people to be Ottawa fans.
If we had a 15000 seat arena, there'd be no story,but we don't... So people create a narrative around 100% capacity without considering the size of the venue vs the size of the population around the venue.

Consider this, the CTC even with reduced capacity is larger than either of the ACC or MSG.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wait you must DESERVE a team to cheer for it? Holy hell all these years I've been doing it all wrong.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
There's ~600k people who are possibly capable of buying a ticket in the Ottawa census region.
The arena holds 18500+.
We are now going on game 9...
Which means that to sell out every game, you need roughly 1/3 of those people to be Ottawa fans.
If we had a 15000 seat arena, there'd be no story,but we don't... So people create a narrative around 100% capacity without considering the size of the venue vs the size of the population around the venue.

Consider this, the CTC even with reduced capacity is larger than either of the ACC or MSG.

Everything you stated there is pure fiction. You don't know anything nor can you quantify your "statistics". Why bother, except find a more unique way to come up with more excuses

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Everything you stated there is pure fiction. You don't know anything nor can you quantify your "statistics". Why bother, except find a more unique way to come up with more excuses

And what do you know? Always popping in when the Sens may not sell out a game. Sens just drew 19145 a few days ago with ticket prices averaging 150 bucks meaning a gate of close to 3 million.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I have something to ask for all the complainers.

How many hockey games would you pay for and go to if you hadn't been paid in a year?

Just a question.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

What excuses? Hate to break it to you but Ottawa is just not a hockey-crazed city. :dunno:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Actually, I looked up the 600k number the last time this was a major discussion point. It's basically the number of people aged 24-60 or so in the region.

Also, it's quite easy to look up the venue sizes I mentioned.

The rest of my comment was directed to the fact that a "sellout" is an arbitrary value based on the size of the venue.

Considering our only other non sellout game was nearly 17000 in attendance, a smaller arena would very likely be sold out for all games.

I'm just saying that I don't think people should have such a ridiculously irrational overreaction to the idea that a building isn't sold out.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Man, I wish I could be in town, the resale prices have really come down for Game 6, I would totally go if I did not have to be away for work. I know they will have a strong game tomorrow.

And yes, people need to calm down and stop blaming other people for not buying tickets or Ottawa is bad sports town, etc. It is an unique market, unlike any other in Canada.

A new DT arena with 17K seats will sell out every game, and no, the team is NOT moving anywhere, it is a viable market, I really hate to hear about the same complaints every time the tickets not moving fast. Relax people. Enjoy the game. Whatever happens this has been a fantastic and fun season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad