Pre-Game Talk: ROUND THREE | GAME SIX| Tuesday | 8:00 p.m. EST |

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Still rattles me they went from Lemieux to Crosby.

A lot of luck involved there.

Any way, just win.

I'm not that upset about being behind in the series. I'm just upset it's the Pens. They literally get away with murder, they hack, slash and deliberately try to injure players. It wouldn't surprise me if Brassard's injury is due to a Crosby hack in the faceoff due to Brass dominating him at the dot. He's also trying to injure Pageau after every faceoff. He did the same thing to Giroux in 2012. The league refuses to do anything about it. Then the Pens try to act like the victims whenever one of their players gets hurt on a legal play. Disgusting.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I admire the hope some fans still have.

Personally I think the Sens are done just because EK's injuries are clearly getting worse and worse. The stats with and without him on the ice say more than I can about how big of a loss he is.

With that said, I'm still hoping for the best. Who knows when the Sens will have another shot like this..

We are almost assuredly done but whatever, I'm watching and hoping they can at least force G7.

If they do it's anyone's game really.

I really want to see this franchise win a G7.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Am I crazy to think because of Karlsson's foot injury hampering his mobility it might make more sense to use Karlsson somewhere else other than on the point on the PP, similar (but not quite as dynamic since his skater is hampered) to how he was used for a very short period of time during the year when he was lining up in the slot and in front of the goalie?

Throw Ceci or Wideman on the point with Hoffman on the left side.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Am I crazy to think because of Karlsson's foot injury hampering his mobility it might make more sense to use Karlsson somewhere else other than on the point on the PP, similar (but not quite as dynamic since his skater is hampered) to how he was used for a very short period of time during the year when he was lining up in the slot and in front of the goalie?

Throw Ceci or Wideman on the point with Hoffman on the left side.

Brassard Ryan Hoffman Karlsson Phaneuf is what i would try.

It worked at some point when Karlsson was in the middle. It was very successful.

Anyway, they have nothing to lose our PP is 0 right now anyway.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Our guy threw the most disgusting hit of the series but you are blaming them of causing injuries. Lol. If Crosby had injured Brass, it would have been all over the internet. CBC showed the play and it was literally nothing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think all the fans have finished puking from the last game yet...

Should sell a bunch tomorrow

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If this game doesnt sell out no one can ever accuse Melnyk of being cheap again. Jesus christ.

Team gambled by not releasing home game 3 tickets with the initial wave of game 1 and 2.
Also jacked prices mid round before the results of last night.

They lost the gamble.

It'll be an awesome game if they win and you can afford to go. But that's the problem... Can't continually raise prices, eventually supply/demand curve snaps back.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Team gambled by not releasing home game 3 tickets with the initial wave of game 1 and 2.

They lost the gamble.

That just ties into the "support the team only when winning" argument. They had 3 full days (including tomorrow) for tickets to be purchased. Will be an utter embarrassment if they don't sellout tomorrow.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

They lost the gamble.

It'll be an awesome game if they win and you can afford to go. But that's the problem... Can't continually raise prices, eventually supply/demand curve snaps back.

They are the same price as game 1 and 2 were

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There's pretty much everything working against the game selling out.

Teams like Ottawa with small populations and little to no corporate support need casual fans to sell out games, even playoff games. None of these people are going to want to drop 300 and risk wasting their money seeing the team get embarrassed like they did last night and to a much lesser extent like they did for a big chunk of game 4. Not to mention we're coming off of a long weekend where most people who have the means to spend 300 bucks on a night of entertainment likely just spent cash traveling or doing other activities.

Had the Sens won last game, this game would have without a doubt been sold out. When you have a team in a city with a very small population relatively speaking that is already diluted with fans of other teams who were there for decades before, with little corporate support, you can't just depend on the hardcore fans to buy the tickets. Game 5 likely scared away a lot of casual fans from buying tickets to see the last home game of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad