Pre-Game Talk: ROUND THREE | GAME SIX| Tuesday | 8:00 p.m. EST |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
What excuses? Hate to break it to you but Ottawa is just not a hockey-crazed city. :dunno:

It's a great HOCKEY city.

But I don't think the franchise has really established itself yet. This was a Habs/Leafs town prior to 1992. Both those franchises have a rich history and are over 100 years old, while we're a 25 year old Cupless franchise. There are a lot of hockey fans here, just not necessarily Sens fans.

It's inevitable that we are going to have some bumps along the way. First step would be to win a Cup. That would do so much for this fanbase and city.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I have something to ask for all the complainers.

How many hockey games would you pay for and go to if you hadn't been paid in a year?

Just a question.

The attendance issue is not just this year. Past couple seasons Sens were literally giving away thousands of tickets and still couldn't sell out. Their not obligated to do so anymore.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The attendance issue is not just this year. Past couple seasons Sens were literally giving away thousands of tickets and still couldn't sell out. Their not obligated to do so anymore.

Yes, but in past years we weren't in the conference finals. I have to think the government workers who aren't being paid has something to do with playoff games not being sold out.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I wonder if it would be a good stunt to play Boro, Neil and White in this potentially last home game. Maybe a good hockey decision or maybe not, but something that could sell tickets?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This city doesn't really deserve the Sens. Disgusted and ashamed by my fanbase these playoffs. There's no excuses for not selling out. None.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
This city doesn't really deserve the Sens. Disgusted and ashamed by my fanbase these playoffs. There's no excuses for not selling out. None.

So hypothetically speaking if the arena had 50000 seat capacity, every game should also be sold out at these average prices?

Selling out is really a poor yard stick for fan support.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have already gone to 5 games and invested over 2500 into these playoffs. Simply not in the budget. But holy **** is everyone already off the bandwagon? There are this many empty seats?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I have already gone to 5 games and invested over 2500 into these playoffs. Simply not in the budget. But holy **** is everyone already off the bandwagon? There are this many empty seats?

I just checked the prices and my gosh are they cheap. Like dirt cheap. Good for you for supporting the team in that regard. I'm seeing decent seats (upper-300s) for 65$ ??!

OHNOclowe

The Thread Killer
Feb 21, 2009
If the Sens lose in any other format than OT today... the whole "out-with-a-whimper" in addition to the lack of attendance storyline... It's going to be a tough time to be a Sens fan given all the "experts" that will be jumping on those (the Seravelli article from TSN is pretty maddening already). Win or lose this offseason will have me pulling my hair out (what's left) until Melnyk can open his wallet and upgrade some more yet.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What excuses? Hate to break it to you but Ottawa is just not a hockey-crazed city. :dunno:

NHL team
OHL team
QMJHL team
CCHL league - 12 Jr A teams in the Ottawa area
CCHL2 league - a dozen Jr B teams in the Ottawa area

....and hundreds of adult teams of various levels, plus kids and recreational teams

And you say we aren't a hockey-crazed city? :help:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The tickets are all over stubhub and TM resale... well below face

Fickle market.. "fans" selling off their tickets because they don't think the Sens will win, which undercuts the prices of the seats not yet sold. Tickets that have already been bought are being bought by other fans for cheap... makes sense why this won't sell out.

Man, I wish I could be in town, the resale prices have really come down for Game 6, I would totally go if I did not have to be away for work. I know they will have a strong game tomorrow.

And yes, people need to calm down and stop blaming other people for not buying tickets or Ottawa is bad sports town, etc. It is an unique market, unlike any other in Canada.

A new DT arena with 17K seats will sell out every game, and no, the team is NOT moving anywhere, it is a viable market, I really hate to hear about the same complaints every time the tickets not moving fast. Relax people. Enjoy the game. Whatever happens this has been a fantastic and fun season.

Exhibit A. Why buy a ticketmaster full price ticket when you can get a resale for way cheaper? I bet the resale market for this game tripled after the 7-0 loss.

People that had committed to going are saying "**** it" and getting rid of their tickets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad