giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lol are we really gonna act like if that terrible penalty was called against us we wouldn't be whining about it for years?

Seriously? They gave up FOUR Fing PPG's. The ref didn't put the puck in their net. If it was a one goal game, sure. Whine all you like. They had a 3 goal lead. Averages don't even give a good PP one goal in 5 mins. Four? Come on.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuznetsov just seems to be processing things a half-second slower than normal, which leads me to believe that he still is shaking off cobwebs and is related to his concussion.

There was a play in Game 6 IIRC where Ovie, instead of shooting, sent a perfect pass to Kuzy while Kuzy was right in front of a wide open net. All Kuzy had to do was just to get his stick on it, that's it. And he just reacted so slow that he botched it. I think even Eddie Olczyk mentioned it.

I am not buying. This kind of play from Kuznetsov has been fairly commonplace in his career. The way he played last playoffs is more the exception to the rule.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I am not buying. This kind of play from Kuznetsov has been fairly commonplace in his career. The way he played last playoffs is more the exception to the rule.

I wouldn't say that. His only really poor postseason was 2016. He was very good to great in 2015, 2017, and 2018.

On the other hand I'm not ready to blame an injury for his issues this postseason. Players go through peaks and valleys. Sucks that now is a valley.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I wouldn't say that. His only really poor postseason was 2016. He was very good to great in 2015, 2017, and 2018.

On the other hand I'm not ready to blame an injury for his issues this postseason. Players go through peaks and valleys. Sucks that now is a valley.

Erratic is a good word. He's erratic. Can be anywhere from superstar to invisible. Yes, his playoffs have been all over the map. You cant count on him. As opposed to Backstrom, say.

Reactions: Corby78

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My beer league team has a game tonight. Our roster for tonight is pretty much all non caps fans. I’ll be shocked if we can field a team
I was hoping for a Win Monday so I could play tonight

Hah, where do you play? I got a text last night from our league commissioner saying, "If you are not beholden to watching the Caps in another Game 7 tomorrow I could use a sub at 9pm."

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The Vrana-Kuznetsov-Hagelin line doesn't work against Carolina, but I do think it could be effective against the Islanders IF we make it.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
I’m pretty sure we’ll win handedly. Horrible ice conditions and some of the worst refereeing in the history of the sport is the only reason there is a game 7.

5-1 Caps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm going way off the reservation and saying Brooks Orpik with another GWG, but this time in the first period in regulation in a 3-1 win.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad