Post-Game Talk: Round One Game 7: Canes @ Caps | 4/24/19 | 7:30p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
I have asked just one big win from hockey gods last year and sweared then to never ask anymore in my lifetime as a sports fan.
I'm not gonna ask for another big win as i sweared but... but... just hope for it :win:

Reactions: Bananas

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t dig Todd’s second like for tonight. I haven’t seen much chemistry between Hagelin and Kuzy.

Kuzy has had chem with Vrana in the past. That both stink right now cant be fixed by Todd for tonight. 8-19-43 is working and now 65-20-10 is working. Not a chance that I mess either of those two lines up in some desperate attempt to get Kuznestov to care.

Jun 15, 2007
We have seen what DSP has to bring. I would not count on anything of value from him tonight

Maybe the only post of yours that I agree with.

DSP isn't some magic bullet. If he was actually good, he wouldn't have been waived, bought out, traded so many times in his career.

Reactions: um

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If the Caps are going to win tonight, they will get two or three from Ovechkin Wilson and Backstrom and maybe one from Eller Burakovsky and Connolly. Honestly, I think a 3 point night from Eller is more likely than one big play from 92. Hell, give me the first two goals of the game and Holtby and I am confident.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
When we have won, the caps have been able to handle the fore-check and moved the puck out of the D zone. When we have sucked, its been because we have been slow and lazy with the puck in the corner and given Carolina opportunities that weren't just low threat shots from the outside. This to me is the key. 12/17 Carolina goals were scored in their wins.

Reactions: g00n

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Lol are we really gonna act like if that terrible penalty was called against us we wouldn't be whining about it for years?

Maybe I am being naive but this is one of the *least whiny, about refs or anything else, on these boards. Maybe because for so long the fan base just expected to get hosed on calls. :dunno:

*exception being when they are playing the Penguins. ;)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Maybe I am being naive but this is one of the *least whiny, about refs or anything else, on these boards. Maybe because for so long the fan base just expected to get hosed on calls. :dunno:

*exception being when they are playing the Penguins. ;)

I guess I don't get the complaint about that call. Ok. It was a bad call. On a bad pk you give up 2 and have 5 minutes to hold a 1 goal lead and win the series. Going into that had you said the Sharks would score 4, most would say that is Vegas fault for choking.

And yea. I am used to the Caps getting the short end from DoPS. I kind of expect none of the challenges to go their way. Last night I thought the Eakin goal was clearly a high stick but they got the goal.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
....desperate attempt to get Kuznestov to care.

:facepalm:

I am surprised some actually think Kuzy doesn't care. I am a bit stunned you within the MD community cannot recognize what it looks like to play through a head knock, especially after Oshie gave you a proper 2-3 month demonstration last year. You can pretend the mid season concussion didn't happen, and cleared fully, and ASSume the post season dirty elbow to his jaw had no concussion ramifications whatsoever, but its a bit of a low blow to say likely out best player from last post season, doesn't care. Playing with one shoulder, of course. He couldn't even lift the cup.

We have seen players go to flip the switch in the playoffs, likely our entire playoff careers. Even in the full effort during the regular season era, players somehow managed to give even more in the loffs. But they often fell on their face, got injured... in the end, most all fail. He flipped the switch, and got elbowed in the f***ing jaw.

It's ironic. He has 5 points in 6 games and was damn close to more than that more than once. You''d think he was our least productive player from all the whining i see here. He lost his #1 wingman. Vrana is doing him no favors. Hagelin has no points. It's a miracle he has 5 points, is how I see it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
:facepalm:

I am surprised some actually think Kuzy doesn't care. I am a bit stunned you within the MD community cannot recognize what it looks like to play through a head knock, especially after Oshie gave you a proper 2-3 month demonstration last year. You can pretend the mid season concussion didn't happen, and cleared fully, and ASSume the post season dirty elbow to his jaw had no concussion ramifications whatsoever, but its a bit of a low blow to say likely out best player from last post season, doesn't care. Playing with one shoulder, of course. He couldn't even lift the cup.

We have seen players go to flip the switch in the playoffs, likely our entire playoff careers. Even in the full effort during the regular season era, players somehow managed to give even more in the loffs. But they often fell on their face, got injured... in the end, most all fail. He flipped the switch, and got elbowed in the ****ing jaw.

It's ironic. He has 5 points in 6 games and was damn close to more than that more than once. You''d think he was our least productive player from all the whining i see here. He lost his #1 wingman. Vrana is doing him no favors. Hagelin has no points. It's a miracle he has 5 points, is how I see it.

I just listened to Joe B and Walton talk about Kuzy. Sometimes he feels and sometimes he doesn't. They are not talking about Vrana and Hagelin except that Hags is 8-1 in game 7s. They did talk extensively about that they need more from Kuznetsov.

Its not just me, Boss

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps will win as long as they don’t suck.

Besides Bettman wants a Caps vs Trotz story line. For once there is a conspiracy theory in our favor

Yeah I think if the Caps play their physical, dominant style they are going to get a lot of help from the refs tomight.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Hoping that it is not a prerequisite to a win that Backstrom score the first goal of the game. But it's been that way for us so far.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Go to game or drink down the street? Hmmm, I swore no more 1st round PO games after the Montreal series 10 years ago. So public intoxication it is.

Current mood:

giphy.gif

Jun 15, 2007
I just listened to Joe B and Walton talk about Kuzy. Sometimes he feels and sometimes he doesn't. They are not talking about Vrana and Hagelin except that Hags is 8-1 in game 7s. They did talk extensively about that they need more from Kuznetsov.

Its not just me, Boss

This is what irks me about your rhetorical style. You don't actually address the argument.

No one is disputing that we need more from Kuznetsov. That's not the debate.

The debate is whether or not its because he's lazy and doesn't care or if it's because he's injured. So far, you haven't actually presented any evidence for your side of the debate.

For myself, I have no idea what the issue is. So I have refrained from making statements about it. But yes, we need more from him.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->