Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29 CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon, new contract 4/23 2x3.25M

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's still under contract with the Flyers, isn't he?
Yes, I believe they call it a tolled contract, but is listed as a loan.

The question is, when does the contract termination take effect? If it’s now, he could come over tomorrow. Assuming he's still wanting to come.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

The question is, when does the contract termination take effect? If it’s now, he could come over tomorrow. Assuming he's still wanting to come.

He'd still need to get his visa all sorted right?

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
This is perfect so we can prep Kolosov...

We can get value out of this deep goalie pool woo!!!

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
It's a shame that there might actually be a goalie logjam by the time he gets to Philadelphia.

The time to get here really was two years ago. It will be interesting to see if anything happens with this, but between Ersson's ascent, Kolosov's arrival, and Fedotov's contract only having the reason of this season on it, I'm not optimistic this leads anywhere. Maybe he's ready to hash is out for a full season+ in the NHL.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Not really. CSKA is probably cleaning house after one of its most disastrous seasons in recent memory.

Sergei Fedorov was let go as coach. Fedotov was painfully average after signing for what was almost certainly a pretty lucrative 2-year deal ($$$). There will probably be others.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It's a shame that there might actually be a goalie logjam by the time he gets to Philadelphia.

The time to get here really was two years ago. It will be interesting to see if anything happens with this, but between Ersson's ascent, Kolosov's arrival, and Fedotov's contract only having the reason of this season on it, I'm not optimistic this leads anywhere. Maybe he's ready to hash is out for a full season+ in the NHL.

If Fedotov gets here before Kolosov, I could see him getting the backup duties over Sandstrom and Kolosov playing the rest of the year in the AHL.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
If Fedotov gets here before Kolosov, I could see him getting the backup duties over Sandstrom and Kolosov playing the rest of the year in the AHL.

That's what I'd like to see too.

No rush for Kolosov, he's locked up for 2 more years. Fedotov is the older, more establish goalie with a weird, limited contract situation. Give him the NHL shot while we can. Maybe we can convince him to come back next year in tandem with Ersson.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

The KHL contract has been terminated pretty much some minutes ago, as it is not in the contract database anymore (and it was there minutes ago).

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad