Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick #143: Samuel Ersson, G, Västeräs (Allsvenskan)

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
So who is better.... Felix or Ersson? I think Sandstrom has huge upside from what I saw during his time at WJHC. I know injuries have created some concerns. Who should we as fans be more excited about (for those that see these 2 frequently)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So who is better.... Felix or Ersson? I think Sandstrom has huge upside from what I saw during his time at WJHC. I know injuries have created some concerns. Who should we as fans be more excited about (for those that see these 2 frequently)

Sandström has more "natural" talent no doubt... more athletic and before stomach issues last year had impressed at every level. He also on the surface appears to be string mentally... he rarely "falls apart" even when gives up bad goals.

But Ersson is probably slightly better technically at the same age.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
SAMUEL ERSSON...PLEEZ BE THE NEXT...
th (96).jpg

THAT IS ALL.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Big fan of your stats Appleyard, I never saw this thread, but don't you think you might want to pump the brakes on the whole "On course for the best season in league history" when the kid had only played 13 games? He's got a large chunk of the season still left.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Big fan of your stats Appleyard, I never saw this thread, but don't you think you might want to pump the brakes on the whole "On course for the best season in league history" when the kid had only played 13 games? He's got a large chunk of the season still left.

17 games now. Still at .941 sv%...

Only 6 goalies played more than 35 games last year.
Year before it was 9.

The average starter plays ~34 or so.

Pretty much half-way through the season now, they only play a 52 game schedule.

I mean, I doubt he can maintain it, especially with a middling team in-front of him (at best). But he has been insanely good in a mens pro league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad