Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 128: David Kase, RW, Chomutov Pirati (Czech League)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This kid is criminally underrated.

He set up 2x other basically empty nets with great passes yesterday as well. Both went wide.

And also had a great shot saved.

He just runs pretty much every game he plays right now.

His team were in the relegation mix on paper to start the year. Right now they are joint 4th in the league. He has willed them to ~4-5 wins himself.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost better step it up, b/c there may not be room for two undersized, offense first centers on the Flyers next year.
Even if you move Hayes to RW, if Patrick is healthy, there's only one center spot available (neither will be the 4C).
Looking like even with the ED, the battles for roster spots is going to be fierce next fall.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The competition for PT on this club is going to be tough in the future. One might think that some of these assets could be used to bring in a super star by trade. However, I don’t know if there would be room salary wise to pull off something like that. What we can see is that the organization has depth in it that few clubs have had in recent memory.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Just dragging his team kicking and screaming to a playoff spot.

He is just so good every game. Actually reminiscent of Lindblom in his last SHL season. Looks like something will happen every shift he is on ice.

Ofc SHL is a slightly higher level. And Lindblom was younger. But still!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Your opinion, does he have a shot of putting pressure on a healthy Patrick or frost for 2nd/3rd c next year? 2021-22. I know he is 2 years older.

Not really.

As I cant imagine he can play C full-time at NHL level.

He works sooooo hard defensively. But not instinctive in his own zone.

And awful on draws. Draws dont really matter that much... but they do to NHL coaches.

He will be able to sub in at C in future I think. But at the highest level he is a winger.

A guy like Laughton or Raffl has more to be scared about than Patrick or Frost I think. I can see Kase being a damn good 3rd line winger.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Question then becomes is he playing better b/c at center at a lower level he can use his speed and agility to create, and whether that will translate to wing at a higher level?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Question then becomes is he playing better b/c at center at a lower level he can use his speed and agility to create, and whether that will translate to wing at a higher level?

I mean... he was the Phantoms best 5v5 winger last year... and was Mora's best player in SHL a few years ago at wing too.

I think it is just natural development and getting to play PP for first time since SHL.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad