Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 107: Maksim Sushko, RW, Owen Sound (OHL)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That makes sense and was probably cleared by the team.

Since he's got zero chance of making the roster this year (unless it's expanded with a black aces component) it makes more sense to keep playing in the KHL, then come over at some point and skate with the team or finish the year in the AHL (if there's an AHL).

11 forwards are locks (G, Couts, V, TK, Hayes, Farabee, Lindblom, JVR, Raffl, NAK, Laughton)
Frost and Patrick are near locks
Bunnaman, Allison, Laczynski, Twarynski, Sandin are contenders for any available slot
Kase is in the same situation, probably better to finish out his European season, and Rubtsov is locked up through the KHL season.

I think Kaše might come back... he is with the Czech NT now and indications from Czech Republic are he will head back to camp, albeit nothing confirmed.

Rubtsov actually can be re-called. Sochi and their original press release was wrong. I clarified this with a few people who will 100% know.

Can always be loaned back after the camp as well.

If they allow for example a 26 man roster then Kaše would have a good shot at being #25-26 or so.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When do the European leagues finish this year and when and if there will be some sort of AHL season?

I think the optimum is for them to finish in Europe (if their seasons don't go that deep into the new year), then onto an AHL/development league in the spring where they'd be available for call-ups. They're getting good experience in Europe, and TC could be chaotic this year.

The other issue is that a number of NA prospects have been "buried", and there's the question of how long colleges will play - you could see an AHL/development league team hosting a number of college players in April or so (given such a league, if it starts at all, might not begin its season until February).

To me, for the "fringe" prospects (in 2020) the goal is less to get them a shot at the team this year, than have them ready to hit the ground running in TC in September 2021, after the ED and players like Laughton and Raffl potentially leaving in free agency.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Got promoted to the 1st line to start the game today.

Scored a goal. Leads team in shots after 30 minutes. Playing well...

annnnd basically benched after he scored. Just bizarre.

Craig Woodcroft really seems to not like our Maxim.
P/GP in pre-season in bottom six but relegated him to 12th/13th forward from 3rd line as a reward.
Has scored points in all the 3 games he has played in top 6 as well.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad