Pre-Game Talk: Round 2 Talk - Bring on the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

So honestly...the NHL's plan is to say "It's official, there is a game.....in 20 hours!"??

Cold Soup

Dec 8, 2013
Gonna try and grab a ticket for game 2. Cheapest on Stubhub is like $183 for a seat in the last row of the balcony :amazed:

I prefer top row balcony or front row balcony. You can really see the plays develop, and the flow of the game... But you miss seeing the blood up close and personal. :laugh:

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Well, if this stays official, its going to be a hell of a weekend for me. I have hockey game from 10:30 to midnight Friday, then wake up at 4AM saturday, hop in car and drive the 6 hours ride to Boston for game #2.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
I prefer top row balcony or front row balcony. You can really see the plays develop, and the flow of the game... But you miss seeing the blood up close and personal. :laugh:

IMHO front row balcony center ice is the best seat in the house. I will be sitting there for at least one game this series :yo:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins have edge on Montreal if they keep their cool

Mike Babcock did not consider Brendan Smith’s Game 2 tangle with Zdeno Chara a reflection of intelligence.

The next day, the Red Wings coach pulled the situation into a location familiar to a hockey player: the bar. In such surroundings, noted Babcock, if you encounter a beautiful girl on the arm of a brawler, you don’t fight the behemoth to win her attention. You play pool.

Michel Therrien would disagree. The Montreal coach’s philosophy would be to splash a drink in the guy’s face, jab him with a pool cue, jam some peanut shells down his pants, and say naughty things about his mother. Amid the resulting mayhem, when the police lead the giant away in leg irons, that’s when you make off with his lady.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-their-cool/TX8aKhC3xBHgeVM2z4cdWL/story.html

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Wow1230 what a joke... I hate hate hate going to any game before 3.... Wouldn't surprise me if game 5 is that early too

Still only rds reporting it.probably true but could change

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Afternoon game vs the Habs, so unusual.

Matinee games for the second round has been the norm for the last few years.

This is good, personal scheduling considerations aside.

Habs have only played two 1PM games this season, and they were back-to-backs that they lost to the Lightning & the Jets.

Bruins are matinee idols: 13-4 in 17 matinees this year. One of the losses being the last game vs NJ, which shouldn't count.

Busforever

Apr 27, 2014
Hi, I'm journalist for Le Journal de Montréal. I'd like to meet some Bruins fans who are living in Montréal, to write an article about how it is to be a Bruins fan «behind enemy lines» ;). If you are interested to meet me this week in Montréal, please mp me. I think it could be a funny article ;)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The boys have a track meet on Saturday so the 12:30 start isn't so good.

Not really a fan of Saturday matinees but I kind of like the Sunday ones-especially since the Bruins are good in matinees this year.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
This is good, personal scheduling considerations aside.

Habs have only played two 1PM games this season, and they were back-to-backs that they lost to the Lightning & the Jets.

Bruins are matinee idols: 13-4 in 17 matinees this year. One of the losses being the last game vs NJ, which shouldn't count.

I was thinking the same thing. Boston players could/should have more of a routine for this game due to the last couple years

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sweet merciful, is it that hard for the NHL to decide and ANNOUNCE the schedule for this series. They knew this match-up since Saturday. What the blazes is with all the secrecy. We're potentially under 48 hours before this series begins. It's not like other years where you normally needed the round to be over to know the match-ups. C'mon NHL get it together.

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
Sweet merciful, is it that hard for the NHL to decide and ANNOUNCE the schedule for this series. They knew this match-up since Saturday. What the blazes is with all the secrecy. We're potentially under 48 hours before this series begins. It's not like other years where you normally needed the round to be over to know the match-ups. C'mon NHL get it together.

for those who have to move work around..and other peoples schedules..they love making your life a mess...sucks

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
IMHO front row balcony center ice is the best seat in the house. I will be sitting there for at least one game this series :yo:

I sat front row balcony on the end and loved it. No blind spots and you can really follow the game. I've never sat front row balcony center ice. Are there any blind spots ?

habslive

Apr 27, 2014
It wouldn't be so far-fetched to start the series on Saturday NIGHT, game 2 on Monday... And yeah a three day break to take us to Thursday for game 3 in Montreal. Then to catch up we could have game 4 Saturday in Montreal then a quick turnaround to Boston for a Sunday game 5... though I'm sure many of you don't think there will be a game 5!

canoebears

Jul 11, 2007
salmon arm b,c,
Over on the Montreal board there is some debate over the accuracy of the RDS times. Louis Jean tweeted that Thu and Sat were for sure with Saturdays starting time still in question. My theory is NBC wants a game that morning. I was thinking why not have the Penguins start their series sat aft but they have an arena football league game that night so this might not be possible. Ana home game wont work, too early. So my thought is the starting time is debatable on weather Chi or Col is hosting games 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot