Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 34: Bobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL) --> Denver (signed 4/10/22)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So i asked myself a few times why deadhead and the franchise are praising Bobby. Today in the flyers Daily Podcast they interviewed Brent Flahr. He was praising Bobby left and right. After that he speaks about Bobbys Childhood. He played with Chucks Son if i remember correctly. He has seen him in his earliest days while he was watching small hockey rinks in his neighbourhood. Its a f***ing miNNy cInDeReLla sToRy.

I have nothing against Bobby. But i hate the reason why we drafted him!!!!!

We drafted him b/c he was an elite offensive talent with questions about his size and skating.
Since then he's filled out a bit and improved his skating.
He's leading the NCAA in scoring, what more could you want from a 20 year old prospect?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
We drafted him b/c he was an elite offensive talent with questions about his size and skating.
Since then he's filled out a bit and improved his skating.
He's leading the NCAA in scoring, what more could you want from a 20 year old prospect?
tell that to yourself! i bet you believe in yourself! i know he is drafted cause he has miNNy connections! They wouldnt drafted him without his connections!
I like the player! As is have stated before! But i hate how Fletcher and Flahr are using draft picks and signings! 70% of all signings and drafting is from miNNy thats STUPID

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
tell that to yourself! i bet you believe in yourself! i know he is drafted cause he has miNNy connections! They wouldnt drafted him without his connections!
I like the player! As is have stated before! But i hate how Fletcher and Flahr are using draft picks and signings! 70% of all signings and drafting is from miNNy thats STUPID

I totally agree with you, but let's be careful that we don't accidentally puke on Binksy when we are reacting to Fletch. Binksy doesn't deserve to be hit by that splash of barf.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Brink in the frozen four tonight. Should play his last college game by the end of the weekend.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Brink had a quiet game, some nice plays but his lack of footspeed hurts him against fast teams. Then, late in OT, gets the puck in the corner, rifles a perfect pass through the D's legs to Savoie who shoots and buries the rebound. Brink is in the final.

That pass was nasty. Visually he reminds me so much of Recchi. It's a shame they won't actually work on his foot-speed in the AHL and instead will just have focus on grinding away on defense and along the boards. Thompson will probably be a player development coach by then.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Don't think he'll spend much time in the AHL.

I think he will play a game or two with us before season ends. Before being burried in the minors next year. We got Allison Atkinson Konecny Tippett all above him next year.

But there will be injuries. I just hope we have a good coach for him. Look at what St Louis did for Caufield

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Where is he playing in the NHL?

They have Konecny - Atkinson - Tippett - Allison on the RW for next season. Not to mention lineup lock MacEwen is probably chiseled in at 4RW after his 2 year extension.
Someone's gonna have to switch to the left, or we are going to have to move somebody, as much as I like Allison, dude is made of glass lol

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I could see that brink ls talented but I felt like he was a bit overwhelmed against a stacked Michigan team. He might need some time to adjust at the pro level. The ceiling is high but let's not pile expectations on him right away

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I could see that brink ls talented but I felt like he was a bit overwhelmed against a stacked Michigan team. He might need some time to adjust at the pro level. The ceiling is high but let's not pile expectations on him right away
He need more weight and more shooting. Guy is a primadonna. Make it happen Lappy!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Someone's gonna have to switch to the left, or we are going to have to move somebody, as much as I like Allison, dude is made of glass lol

Even without Allison, no place for Brink

However, we do know Chucky Dumb-Dumb is has shopped Konecny before and probably will again this summer. That might be the window Brink needs.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Even without Allison, no place for Brink

However, we do know Chucky Dumb-Dumb is has shopped Konecny before and probably will again this summer. That might be the window Brink needs.

The real problem, for Allison and Brink, will be the veterans Fletcher signs for the 4th line.

Ok the real problem for Allison is that he's vaporware. But in theory it's a problem.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Allison doesn't exist
Is it a coincidence how similar the names Allison and Ellis are?

We've both been told they are players for this franchise and yet they have never been seen. Having similar names just shows the lack of creativity in management - can't even generate two completely separate fake identities.

conspiracy-charlie-day.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad