Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 34: Bobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL) --> Denver (signed 4/10/22)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Had an offseason last year, but on a bad offensive team in a screwed up year.
But hitting the age where potential needs to be replaced with production.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Thanks doods.

Forgot about that.

Anywho, hopefully Brink has a big season but I know Denver's program has been kind of ass the last few years.

They're not even allowed to attend development camp without paying for their own transportation, room, and food. NHL clubs are allowed to foot their meals and hotel for 48 hours over their entire NCAA career. The kids can't even keep shirts, hats, etc.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They're not even allowed to attend development camp without paying for their own transportation, room, and food. NHL clubs are allowed to foot their meals and hotel for 48 hours over their entire NCAA career. The kids can't even keep shirts, hats, etc.

f***ing ridiculous.

Reactions: ajgoal

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bobby quietly putting up great numers this year

24gp : 8g + 27a = 35pts
Third in NCAA scoring
Tied 1st in point per game
Leads league in assists

Anyone can comment his game?

With Flyers struggling this year, does Bobby sign this year?

I dunno but if they do sign him, they'll grind all of the creativity out of his game and punish him for being small. Hopefully he signs elsewhere for his sake.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dunno but if they do sign him, they'll grind all of the creativity out of his game and punish him for bring small. Hopefully he signs elsewhere for his sake.

Is that why TK can't score?
89th among forwards the last three seasons in ES pp/60. (Farabee is 73rd)
xGFrel +5.73, +1.42, +5.12

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wheeler's take:

You can see the progress he has made in his forward acceleration and speed, which was once his biggest barrier (he’s actually always been an excellent skater on his edges in terms of his ability to change directions and open up his hips), even though there’s still some work to do on his recoveries. And the rest of his skill level matches up with his increasingly feisty, net-driven disposition to really shine in the offensive zone. Brink is a superb perimeter player who makes a ton of plays off the flank with his ability to lead passes, stickhandle through sticks, and see the ice. But he also plays in the guts of the ice and he’s at his best when he’s going to the net, using the space around the slot to get open into as a shot threat (his wrist shot release is dangerous from mid-range), and making small plays from below the goal line. Brink’s game is primarily about anticipation and playing a step ahead of the play, though, which also helps him support the puck defensively and win races.

Wheeler’s 2022 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 13 Philadelphia Flyers

Caufield put up 31g 30-22 52 +7 as a sophomore with Wisconsin on a loaded squad
Brink 24g 8-25 35 +22 on a loaded Denver squad, 6 months older than Caufield last year.

I'm curious how big Brink is these days, 5'9 166 before the draft, but he looked significantly thicker than Caufield at the WJC and looks like he had the frame to get up to 185 or so - more of a fireplug than a smurf.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Wheeler's take:

You can see the progress he has made in his forward acceleration and speed, which was once his biggest barrier (he’s actually always been an excellent skater on his edges in terms of his ability to change directions and open up his hips), even though there’s still some work to do on his recoveries. And the rest of his skill level matches up with his increasingly feisty, net-driven disposition to really shine in the offensive zone. Brink is a superb perimeter player who makes a ton of plays off the flank with his ability to lead passes, stickhandle through sticks, and see the ice. But he also plays in the guts of the ice and he’s at his best when he’s going to the net, using the space around the slot to get open into as a shot threat (his wrist shot release is dangerous from mid-range), and making small plays from below the goal line. Brink’s game is primarily about anticipation and playing a step ahead of the play, though, which also helps him support the puck defensively and win races.

Wheeler’s 2022 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 13 Philadelphia Flyers

Caufield put up 31g 30-22 52 +7 as a sophomore with Wisconsin on a loaded squad
Brink 24g 8-25 35 +22 on a loaded Denver squad, 6 months older than Caufield last year.

I'm curious how big Brink is these days, 5'9 166 before the draft, but he looked significantly thicker than Caufield at the WJC and looks like he had the frame to get up to 185 or so - more of a fireplug than a smurf.
its soo telling that you praise every prospect before it get in the hand of the nhl team. After that you always say they arent good enough and its the fault of the prospects they dont play! I will wait till Brink is the problem. Not the coach or the dinos in front of this franchise!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
its soo telling that you praise every prospect before it get in the hand of the nhl team. After that you always say they arent good enough and its the fault of the prospects they dont play! I will wait till Brink is the problem. Not the coach or the dinos in front of this franchise!

Brink will play, he's not a marginally skilled, big body player with average speed, which describes a half dozen forwards on the Phantoms as well as Vorobyev, Dove-McFalls and Twarynski.
I loved him at the WJC-20 when Caufield got the most talented linemates but Brink was dominating on more of a "checking line."

Brink goes to the dirty areas, like Farabee, he'll probably struggle until he fills out and can anchor better.
I hope they sign him so he can get some AHL games before he's promoted for a taste of NHL action before TC.
But the advantage of college over CHL is you play against older, more physical players so the transition to the pros is easier.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Brink will play, he's not a marginally skilled, big body player with average speed, which describes a half dozen forwards on the Phantoms as well as Vorobyev, Dove-McFalls and Twarynski.
I loved him at the WJC-20 when Caufield got the most talented linemates but Brink was dominating on more of a "checking line."

Brink goes to the dirty areas, like Farabee, he'll probably struggle until he fills out and can anchor better.
I hope they sign him so he can get some AHL games before he's promoted for a taste of NHL action before TC.
But the advantage of college over CHL is you play against older, more physical players so the transition to the pros is easier.
can we quote you if Brink will last forever in the ahl while bad vets play over him in the nhl. On a bad nhl team we ice next year?

Reactions: Adtar02

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
So deadhead is already criticized for criticizing a prospect before he even attempted to criticize said prospect's development.

That goes beyond my limited mental capacity :huh:
Especially as DH seems to really root for Bobby Brink.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Brink needs to be marinated for a few seasons.
just wait!!!!

and then in 4 seasons when the new Clarke-appointed GM is doing poorly, the narrative will be "Its Fletcher's fault for drafting guys like Brink!!!!!"
Stop blaming Fletch for genius moves like day 1 signing of Nate

Its all Ghost's Jake's and Hexy's fault.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
So i asked myself a few times why deadhead and the franchise are praising Bobby. Today in the flyers Daily Podcast they interviewed Brent Flahr. He was praising Bobby left and right. After that he speaks about Bobbys Childhood. He played with Chucks Son if i remember correctly. He has seen him in his earliest days while he was watching small hockey rinks in his neighbourhood. Its a f***ing miNNy cInDeReLla sToRy.

I have nothing against Bobby. But i hate the reason why we drafted him!!!!!

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad