Series Talk: Round 2 (Opponent TBA)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Didn't they say if Avs make it far EJ could play? Maybe 3rd round or finals?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
If EJ comes back, I think Bednar would pull the trigger on putting Byram back in the lineup as well. Can't really take Nemo out since you need a PK guy. EJ would give you that, so might as well bring in Byram as well. Not sure Byram gets into the lineup without that.

Reactions: the_fan

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Didn't they say if Avs make it far EJ could play? Maybe 3rd round or finals?

Yes they did but since he has not skated on the ice, he will probably play closer to finals. Definitely not next round I would think.

Jost never tried to injure or hurt anyone on purpose. He will never do it but he just had to put his arms up to protect himself from a hit to the head. We would have been singing a different song if Jost's arms were down.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yes they did but since he has not skated on the ice, he will probably play closer to finals. Definitely not next round I would think.

Jost never tried to injure or hurt anyone on purpose. He will never do it but he just had to put his arms up to protect himself from a hit to the head. We would have been singing a different song if Jost's arms were down.
tenor.gif

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If EJ comes back, I think Bednar would pull the trigger on putting Byram back in the lineup as well. Can't really take Nemo out since you need a PK guy. EJ would give you that, so might as well bring in Byram as well. Not sure Byram gets into the lineup without that.
What happened to EJ concussion?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It doesn’t seem like a good sign that Newhook is still on a line with the extras two days before game one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

It doesn’t seem like a good sign that Newhook is still on a line with the extras two days before game one.

Maybe the organization really likes what they see from Sampo and think he's a better fit for the bottom 6 against either potential opponent. I can see them wanting a guy who can make things messy in front of the opponent's net, whether it's Fleury or Talbot. Also, they've been featuring Sampo a bit on their social media platforms this week. I know Newhook has more long-term upside, but it may not be such a bad thing if Sampo gets a few games in the next series, especially since we know Newhook is healthy. I'd be more worried if Newhook wasn't skating at all.

(Not saying I prefer Sampo over Newhook. Just saying I trust the coaching staff and the organization with both of these guys.)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sampo in over Newhook. He certainly plays a heavier game yet still has skill. He seems like more of a fourth line style player than Newhook.

The issue I see with those lines is Soderberg over Newhook. But I guess Bednar isn’t putting two rookies on that fourth line. I’m also curious if Newhook’s hips are even back to 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrickNHL

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sampo in over Mackinnon. He certainly plays a heavier game yet still has skill. He seems like more of a fourth line style player than Newhook.

The issue I see with those lines is Soderberg over Newhook. But I guess Bednar isn’t putting two rookies on that fourth line. I’m also curious if Newhook’s hips are even back to 100%.

I like Sampo as much as the next guy and I understand putting Ranta and Rantanen together but over Nate is a stretch, IMO.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sampo in over Newhook. He certainly plays a heavier game yet still has skill. He seems like more of a fourth line style player than Newhook.

Damn you edited that before I could throw a gif in.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
EJ will play one game in the final, get his name on the cup, and then 'retire' in whichever fashion best suits the organisation.

Reactions: Murzu

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It's been discussed before but even if he doesn't play at all, and the Avs win the cup, the Avs will petition for his name to be added. He's sill an assistant captain after all, has been on the Avs the longest of anyone left, and has been around the team a lot more since the vaccines/into the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad