Series Talk: Round 2 (Opponent TBA)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Did we? I seem to recall most people wanted Vancouver. After we lost 1st place in the round robin it was a coin toss between Dallas and St. Louis.
Yep. Sure didn't want Dallas last year...for the same reason I don't want Vegas this year. Styles make fights and injured players can't play.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It's been discussed before but even if he doesn't play at all, and the Avs win the cup, the Avs will petition for his name to be added. He's sill an assistant captain after all, has been on the Avs the longest of anyone left, and has been around the team a lot more since the vaccines/into the playoffs.
Not to mention he wanted to stay when just about everyone else was looking for a way out. No doubt this makes it easier on a young Captain in Landeskog. Landeskog wanting to stay makes it more appealing for a guy like MacKinnon to want to stay. It’s a trickle effect.

He also brought Girard, some nights the Avs most important defenceman, along nicely. No doubt that big brother relationship helped in making Girard’s transition to the NHL a breeze.

EJ has been a warrior on and off the ice for the Avs for over 10 years now. If he is on the Avs payroll in any capacity, his name should be on the Cup.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Yeah I think everyone knows we'd have issues with a heavy forechecking team like Vegas the way we did against Dallas (or even against STL on the occasions they established a cycle this past series). The problem is Vegas is dirty af and they get away with it more so than any other team even Boston.

Still, the Lightning have won 5 playoff series in a row now and fought through this so if you're good, you can do it but like I said, Vegas gets away with a lot of dirty play.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Vegas will steamroll over us.
Girard and Makar will be boys among men.
Can't win Vegas with smurfs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wild fan coming in peace. To be honest, I usually cheer against you guys 9.5 times out of 10. But I'm calling a temporary truce and wish you the best of luck in the next round. You have my full support. I am begging you to wipe up the ice with those pansies from Vegas. Because that team simply needs to be PUT DOWN!

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Wild fan coming in peace. To be honest, I usually cheer against you guys 9.5 times out of 10. But I'm calling a temporary truce and wish you the best of luck in the next round. You have my full support. I am begging you to wipe up the ice with those pansies from Vegas. Because that team simply needs to be PUT DOWN!

No problem, we will also take Kaprizov for this Round 2 battle if that is okay

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
When Ryan Reaves is on the ice because he's awful but can also injure one of our players

tumblr_oqmayecXqu1ttma2yo1_400.gifv

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We knew this was the matchup the moment they announced the divisional format this year. Sucks that the #1 and 2 teams in the regular season have to meet in round 2, but we knew the path to the Cup ran through Vegas all along.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

We’ve been rooting for you guys the last seven, so I guess we’ll call truce until our teams face each other again.

BTW what’s up with the squirrel/acorn avatar thing?

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We’ve been rooting for you guys the last seven, so I guess we’ll call truce until our teams face each other again.

BTW what’s up with the squirrel/acorn avatar thing?
One poster just said, "Squirrels." It was so damn random that we ran with it. And now we're roadkill.

Reactions: Ararana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad