Series Talk: Round 2 (Opponent TBA)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We can keep the Blues thread for any relevant conversations but I already have my focus set on what’s next even if we don’t know who we’re getting. Figured we can get a thread going to discuss potential opponents/lineups etc.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just picture the scenes when both Erik Johnson and Bo Byram are inserted into the lineup for game 1. :popcorn:

Landeskog -- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ------ Jost ------- Burakovsky
Saad ---------- Newhook --- Donskoi
Soderberg --- Bellemare --- Compher

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson

Grubauer
Johansson

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It's going to be Vegas, unless they choke their brain out.

Sucks ass that the regular seasons #1 and #2 team are forced to meet in the second round while other divisions have softer matchups.

I think the Avs should be the slight favorites because of their top talent. For as good as Vegas are they do have issues finishing their chances from time to time due to the lack of game breakers.

I fear for the tiny elf Girard. Vegas is going to run him over multiple times.

Reactions: McMetal

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It's going to be Vegas, unless they choke their brain out.

Sucks ass that the regular seasons #1 and #2 team are forced to meet in the second round while other divisions have softer matchups.

I think the Avs should be the slight favorites because of their top talent. For as good as Vegas are they do have issues finishing their chances from time to time due to the lack of game breakers.

I fear for the tiny elf Girard. Vegas is going to run him over multiple times.
That's it right there. Vegas can dominate games but often they struggle to make it count on the scoreboard.

Conversely, the Avs often score a few goals even when they're playing badly just because of how many finishers are on the team.

If Avs play their game and aren't overwhelmed by Vegas' physicality the Avs should take the series.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just picture the scenes when both Erik Johnson and Bo Byram are inserted into the lineup for game 1. :popcorn:

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson

Grubauer
Johansson
In all seriousness could you imagine if EJ has just been training his dick off and comes back healthy as a horse. If he ever does come back who knows what he’s like but let’s not forget he was absolutely playing as a top 4 quality D before his injury in the playoffs last year.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
In all seriousness could you imagine if EJ has just been training his dick off and comes back healthy as a horse. If he ever does come back who knows what he’s like but let’s not forget he was absolutely playing as a top 4 quality D before his injury in the playoffs last year.
Yeah I recall Johnson absolutely flying in one of the Arizona games in particular where he registered 8 shots on goal. Definitely lived up to his "Condor" nickname in the bubble prior to his injury.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
This is going to be quite the test with Vegas. I hope the Wild can miraculously stretch it to 7 games. A Deboer coached team seems to have always had our number and employs arguably the heaviest forcheck in the league since his Devil and Shark days. My anxiety levels are going to skyrocket everytime Makar, Toews or Girard are in the corner trying to retrieve the puck.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That Vegas/Minnesota series isn’t done yet. I ultimately think Vegas finishes them off but from an analytical perspective that is the closest series in these playoffs. If not for Fleury, Minny likely has Vegas on the ropes going into game 6 or perhaps even finished them off already although similar can be said for Talbot.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
That Vegas/Minnesota series isn’t done yet. I ultimately think Vegas finishes them off but from an analytical perspective that is the closest series in these playoffs. If not for Fleury, Minny likely has Vegas on the ropes going into game 6 or perhaps even finished them off already although similar can be said for Talbot.
You've got to think that Minnesota will win at least ONE of their three home games this series given how dominant they've been at home against Vegas since Vegas joined the league.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Graves
Byram -- Johnson

Grubauer
Johansson

bry-kendrick.gif

Reactions: Richard88

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Green filth do not inspire confidence. But I’m sure Avs fans are just HATERS for bagging on the Wild only having 14 shots in an elimination game.

Anyway Vegas will be a tough matchup, easily the best team the Avs have faced in the playoffs in recent memory.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Minny is a good team that is a mental basketcase right now. One thing goes wrong in a game and they completely fall apart. Their called back goals destroyed momentum in their games and they could just never recover. Vegas will likely take this in 6, but if Minny could keep their heads, they might push to 7.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I’m not psyched to play Vegas. That’s for sure. That team is easily the Avs hardest matchup going forward. I have zero faith in Minny winning two more games after that performance last night.

We knew from game one that Avs vs Vegas for the west was basically inevitable and here we are. The only question is will we get to bring in Byram, EJ or Calvert to help.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Seems like most cities are increasing crowd attendance almost daily. I know very little about the covid situation in Colorado but does anybody think we could see even more fans in the building by the time game 1 comes?

Reactions: The Kingslayer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seems like most cities are increasing crowd attendance almost daily. I know very little about the covid situation in Colorado but does anybody think we could see even more fans in the building by the time game 1 comes?

IIRC June 1st most state restrictions go away, then it would go to county. I think odds are high there will be more fan in the seats in June.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Minny has home ice and more importantly last change now for game 6.

It's a really good opportunity for them to force a game 7 and from that point anything would be possible.

Would love to get the Wild. We would beat them in 5, maybe even a sweep.
Against Vegas it is going 6 or 7 either way.

Reactions: jabubenice

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Whats the word on Pacioretty? Avs would be super lucky that 2 of the best Avs killers dont suit up against them 2 rounds in a row

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

I would say yes, as counties are moving more towards a hands off approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad