GDT: Round 2 Game 7: Capitals @ Coyotes | 12/22/17 | 7:00 p.m. MST | FS-A

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Hot win guys, that whole OT was very well played

i friggin love this guy. We appreciate you man!

Rabbit hot-takes:
- I'm buying a Keller Jersey, might be tomorrow. (I'm going by the way)
- Domi may not be scoring this year but he has been good
- Chychrun is a beast
- I'm so happy Biznasty is in our organization again
- Fischer is a force, GREAT 2nd round pick
- Speaking of Christians and 2nds, Dvo is dope!
- Rinaldo has been an addition, regardless of what many posters have said/will say. He can actually play hockey.
- A lot of hate with the Archibald trade, but i feel he is going to break the mold of our typical 3rd liners. He's got a different style

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I acturally thought that this was one of their better games, albeit a Coyotes 1.0 defensive shutdown borefest. They were defensively responsible without the game killing brain fart.

Sniper can read my mind, it would seem. Too bad we can't play on European ice in the new barn.

Archibald played well, IMO, was defensively responsible and didn't take plays off, like Duclair will occasionally do. I wish they would give Duke a stretch of 2o straight games, and he either makes the cut or he gets traded away. Riding the pines does him and the team no good at all. Considering we aren't going anywhere this season, might as well just play the man.

Reactions: Muppet and Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Perlini - Stepan - Duclair
Keller - Domi - Fischer
Rieder - Dvorak - Archibald
Martinook - Richardson - Rinaldo

Cousins, Martinook, Rieder and Rinaldo are all useless. Swap THOSE players out.

We get a new player and you insert him on the third line? Why? Archibald did nothing to impress me last night. Sure he is a good skater, but he was on his a-- more than not. Reminds me of Turris the way he always fall down.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
From Hfb Caps

And he’s absolutely right. McConnell isn’t overly terrible, but Nash, boy is Nash the worst.

You would be instantly buckled if you played a nasherism drinking game during a coyotes game just off the phrase “I can tell ya that” alone.

I whole heartedly would love nothing more than seeing Nash bounced from our tv crew.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Toward the end of the game before we tied it Nash said something to the effect "this team never goes away".

Has he watched any other games this season?

Reactions: Yandover and SR

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Toward the end of the game before we tied it Nash said something to the effect "this team never goes away".

I heard that too and was thinking he meant to say this team ALWAYS goes away:) I know he is paid by the team and a homer but come on...

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I agree with that, but what about the others who are doing the same thing. Why aren't they scratched? RT said he's not the only one, so why is it that Duke is always scratched and not the others?
Who else in the top 6 do you want to scratch, Strome was sent down? He said Duke isn't the only one as far as effort, doesn't mean there are other top 6 forwards lacking effort. Keep in mind that 3 NHL coaches have an issue with Duke.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I nearly put a bullet through my tv. It was about 10 seconds after he said "this is a BLUE COLLAR team!" - he's insufferable.

1. Fire Walsh
2. Fire McConnel
3. Fire Nash
4. Fire Jackson
5. Promote Heethuis to full time TV PBP
6. Put Biz beteeen the benches and have him do Nash's job and Walsh's job. He can split pre and post game duty with Heeter.

We need only Biz and Heeter. No need for any of the rest. Simulcast it.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I know he is paid by the team...

Not directly...are they? Doesn't their pay check comes from FSAZ. I don't think they understand that most fans would prefer honest analysis vs cheerleading. I typically watch the opponents feed because I think our broadcast team is one of the worst, and I's rather hear someone else give a less biased analysis of our team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Who else in the top 6 do you want to scratch, Strome was sent down? He said Duke isn't the only one as far as effort, doesn't mean there are other top 6 forwards lacking effort. Keep in mind that 3 NHL coaches have an issue with Duke.

I agreed with what he said on Duke, but Stepan has mailed it more than once, Richardson, Demers, Gogo, Reider, Martinook. Almost every vet could have been scratched for a game this season. This is not two years ago when the kids were not ready, but they are now and should play. We have to evaluate what we have and playing Cousins, Kempe, Rinado, Archibald do nothing for me at this stage of the rebuild and prevents us from evaluating players like Strome, Wood, Crouse to name a few. The kids lead the way last night, again.

Reactions: Yandover

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
DRsiwx7VwAAg_2L.jpg

After reading this, Duclair will be gone by the All-Star break, if not sooner. Take that to the bank...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad