GDT: Round 2 Game 7: Capitals @ Coyotes | 12/22/17 | 7:00 p.m. MST | FS-A

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Hwy03HN.png

9/22/17
FEAR NOTHING! That's our battle cry. I think Alex Goligoski likes me.
Orientation was pretty cool. Wasn't into it at first. Mom and Dad kind of made me go. Said it would make moving to Arizona much easier. Meeting more people my age. I guess. I kind of zoned out when they were talking about the team "vision." The coaches on the team made a lot of sense. We have all these fears and anxieties that weigh us down. That trap all our special potential. Sounds kind of flaky... but they made it sound good. Staying here for a while might be cool after all.But... no internet yet. So, I'm blogging on a notepad like a savage. I'm so retro!
P.S. - people in Arizona don't seem to like to show their open mouths when they laugh.

9/25/17
Turns out, NO INTERNET AT ALL! The coaches say they're giving our minds a break from outside pressure. "Purging conditional social validation." Or something like that. Argggh! How do I keep in touch with anyone from here? How do I set my status? Oh well. Maybe it'll be good for me? Guess I'll just keep "blogging" on this book. All the players here are really nice, at least.

10/1/17
Coaching session was good. Realised today that people put all these fears on me. The bullies in Florida, with their names. The coaches with their tests and punishments. The media with all of those hateful stories. Even my parents. They add all that weight to me. I have to let them go. Let them all go. I think I'm ready.

10/11/17
Oh God! I want to go home. I want my parents. I want my mom. I think they're planning to kill themselves. I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE! They never say it, not straight out. They just smile. They're always smiling! They say things like "The Great Coming Together" and I think it's all about suicide. It's happening soon. What the hell is this place? Can't find my phone. They just walk around like nothing's wrong. Smiling.

10/12/17
I feel better today. Rich Tocchet explained it all to me. Last night's panic. That was just the last of the fear evacuating. All that fear I was trained to feel. To worry. To worry that I'm not worrying enough. I'm done with all that. I'm ready now. Letting go of the fear is one step. Letting go of everyone who gives you the fear is another. But you have to let go of everything human. That's the next step. Going to shed this gross body. Going to be graceful. The team has failed. It needs a reboot. Nothing to be sad about. It's the Great Coming Together. There's nothing to fear. Alex Goligoski said he would lie next to me.

-Jason Demers, contributor

:coyotes
Brendan Perlini - Derek Stepan - Tobias Rieder
Clayon Keller - Max Domi - Christian Fischer
Zac Rinaldo - Christian Dvorak - Nick Merkley
Jordan Martinook - Brad Richardson - Nick Cousins

Oliver Ekman-Larsson -
GlJWn6M.png

Jakob Chychrun -
GlJWn6M.png

Kevin Connauton - Luke Schenn

Antti Raanta
Scott Wedgewood

:caps

Alexander Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Tom Wilson
Jakub Vrana - Evgeny Kuznetsov - TJ Oshie
Brett Connolly - Lars Eller - Andre Burakovsky
Chandler Stephenson - Jay Beagle - Alex Chiasson

Dmitri Orlov - Matt Niskatnen
Brooks Orpik - John Carlson
Christian Djoos - Madison Bowey

Braden Holtby
Phillip Grubauer

If we lose, I'm blaming @kbay .

Last edited:

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Given the way this season has gone, it should be HFCoyotes posters in the end of the world death cult instead of Coyotes players. Flavor Aid all around!

Why'd you pick Goose and Demers instead of Schenn and KConn? Hasn't this board already decided they were to be sacrificed to the Sun?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Given the way this season has gone, it should be HFCoyotes posters in the end of the world death cult instead of Coyotes players. Flavor Aid all around!

Why'd you pick Goose and Demers instead of Schenn and KConn? Hasn't this board already decided they were to be sacrificed to the Sun?

In order to fit the narrative it had to be a player recently traded to the team, so it was either him, Stepan, Raanta, or Hjalmarsson.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
Hwy03HN.png

9/22/17
FEAR NOTHING! That's our battle cry. I think Alex Goligoski likes me.
Orientation was pretty cool. Wasn't into it at first. Mom and Dad kind of made me go. Said it would make moving to Arizona much easier. Meeting more people my age. I guess. I kind of zoned out when they were talking about the team "vision." The coaches on the team made a lot of sense. We have all these fears and anxieties that weigh us down. That trap all our special potential. Sounds kind of flaky... but they made it sound good. Staying here for a while might be cool after all.But... no internet yet. So, I'm blogging on a notepad like a savage. I'm so retro!
P.S. - people in Arizona don't seem to like to show their open mouths when they laugh.

9/25/17
Turns out, NO INTERNET AT ALL! The coaches say they're giving our minds a break from outside pressure. "Purging conditional social validation." Or something like that. Argggh! How do I keep in touch with anyone from here? How do I set my status? Oh well. Maybe it'll be good for me? Guess I'll just keep "blogging" on this book. All the players here are really nice, at least.

10/1/17
Coaching session was good. Realised today that people put all these fears on me. The bullies in Florida, with their names. The coaches with their tests and punishments. The media with all of those hateful stories. Even my parents. They add all that weight to me. I have to let them go. Let them all go. I think I'm ready.

10/11/17
Oh God! I want to go home. I want my parents. I want my mom. I think they're planning to kill themselves. I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE! They never say it, not straight out. They just smile. They're always smiling! They say things like "The Great Coming Together" and I think it's all about suicide. It's happening soon. What the hell is this place? Can't find my phone. They just walk around like nothing's wrong. Smiling.

10/12/17
I feel better today. Rich Tocchet explained it all to me. Last night's panic. That was just the last of the fear evacuating. All that fear I was trained to feel. To worry. To worry that I'm not worrying enough. I'm done with all that. I'm ready now. Letting go of the fear is one step. Letting go of everyone who gives you the fear is another. But you have to let go of everything human. That's the next step. Going to shed this gross body. Going to be graceful. The team has failed. It needs a reboot. Nothing to be sad about. It's the Great Coming Together. There's nothing to fear. Alex Goligoski said he would lie next to me.

-Jason Demers, contributor

:coyotes
Brendan Perlini - Derek Stepan - Tobias Rieder
Clayon Keller - Max Domi - Christian Fischer
Zac Rinaldo - Christian Dvorak - Nick Merkley
Jordan Martinook - Brad Richardson - Nick Cousins

Oliver Ekman-Larsson -
GlJWn6M.png

Jakob Chychrun -
GlJWn6M.png

Kevin Connauton - Luke Schenn

Antti Raanta
Scott Wedgewood

:caps

Alexander Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Tom Wilson
Jakub Vrana - Evgeny Kuznetsov - TJ Oshie
Brett Connolly - Lars Eller - Andre Burakovsky
Chandler Stephenson - Jay Beagule - Alex Chiasson

Dmitri Orlov - Matt Niskatnen
Brooks Orpik - John Carlson
Christian Djoos - Madison Bowey

Braden Holtby
Phillip Grubauer

If we lose, I'm blaming @kbay .
Why blame me??

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Props for referencing the correct sugar water of choice.

Why can't Colorado be today and this game tomorrow? Schedule masters are not with me this season.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I have a Coyotes plate and jersey, but the play is so embarrassing I want to trade the plate in for a support trauma victims plate. Do they have those?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Got my coyotes license plate in the mail today. I almost feel like not putting it on and running with the regular ass AZ license plate. haha

If you have a coyotes license plate your car breaks down for 10 minutes out of every hour.

Glad you guys still have a sense of humor.:laugh:

We're going to win this one. Mark it down.

I wonder which vet will be the one who coughs up the puck for the winning goal which is probably going to be the first goal in the first ten minutes of the game, and then RT will give him 20 minutes TOI.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
If you have a coyotes license plate your car breaks down for 10 minutes out of every hour.

It's true. Happens to me too! But the good news is when it does, they send Stepan over to pat you on the shoulder and say it's alright and it will be different next hour.

For real though, every day I drive by a parking spot that has a mustang with the Yotes license plate on it and I always say "That poor bastard". But then I wonder if he drives by my spot ever and thinks the same thing.

Ps, the line "Alex Goligoski said he would lie next to me" got me haha.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I was photographing a wedding yesterday and came down with a nasty fever. Almost felt like my legs were gonna give out and I was going to black out. I've been taking as much medicine to feel better for the holidays, but I figure these next two games are going to make me sick anyways. No point in fighting the inevitable. lol

Reactions: RemoAZ

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I'm prepared to throw another lead in the third if we get that far with one.

How many do we lose by tonight?

I figure I started the season with expectations that weren't low enough so if I expect to lose maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Wedgewood gets the start tonight.

Josh Archibald will make his debut as a Coyote.

I look forward to hearing about some detailed play and 100% effort (I'm blacked out on this one, which is not as frustrating as I used to feel about such bouts).

Hmmm, with Archibald, we might even score 3 points! My prediction: Coyotes lose 7-3 (at least we'll score 3 points, showing promise towards improving as a team and beginning a run for a playoff spot).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad