Chest pounding all day

Hm hm hm hm, hm hm hm hm, hm hm hm hm hm hm hm hm

Give me those smiles and tunes!

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Rooney is from Boston and goes out of his way to show he doesn't favor Boston by calling a bunch of weak/phantom crap on them. His icing on the cake is the waived off goal (although rumor is he did later tell the Boston Bench he messed up).

Woopdie doo. Too little too late on that crap. Every single game this guy waives off at least one goal on this team. He's so freaking concerned about being accused of favoring them he goes in the exact opposite direction and makes calls that aren't even close to being legit and waives off legitimate goals. Every game. It's a freaking joke.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Woopdie doo. Too little too late on that crap. Every single game this guy waives off at least one goal on this team. He's so freaking concerned about being accused of favoring them he goes in the exact opposite direction and makes calls that aren't even close to being legit and waives off legitimate goals. Every game. It's a freaking joke.

can we find a ref in the league born and raised in Montreal to act this way when games are in Boston;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Rooney calls it fairly today. I like he's from Boston.

you familiar with his history and approach he`s had previously in this situation?? I`m generally not a conspiracy guy but as other posters have shown, he has, on more than one occasion, appeared as though he`s doing anything he can to make sure he does not come across as being biased towards the B`s.....let`s just hope it`s not with under 2 mins left in the 3rd with the B`s holding a one goal lead or it`s tied;)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
you familiar with his history and approach he`s had previously in this situation?? I`m generally not a conspiracy guy but as other posters have shown, he has, on more than one occasion, appeared as though he`s doing anything he can to make sure he does not come across as being biased towards the B`s.....let`s just hope it`s not with under 2 mins left in the 3rd with the B`s holding a one goal lead or it`s tied;)

Not too aware of his history, does he have a track record for making favorable calls for Montreal?

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
I like Rooney and Tim Peel hasn't been brutal for the Bs since the Olympics. Sounds like college football where the visiting team brings refs from its own conference.

mcconaughey-wolf-of-wall-street-gif.gif

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The B's are a damn good road team, but have to be better on the PK.

It would be nice if the refs would just let them play a tough hockey game for once, and turn a blind eye to all the cheap stuff.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Sensei Julien will have everyone reach their internal temple and thennnn COBRA STRIKE!

iBh99W7vl8hGy.gif

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Not too aware of his history, does he have a track record for making favorable calls for Montreal?

No, he has a track record and proven history of making calls against Boston that aren't there, not making calls for Boston that are there and waiving off good goals. Additionally, his stats show he is 63% more likely to make a call in favor of the home team, except when it comes to officiating games at the Garden.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Now, have to be careful here otherwise I'll come across like a wack job conspiracy inspired paranoia filled fan but.......it "appears", based on games he has reffed against the Bruins that he doesn't necessarily call everything against the B's and put opponents on a dozen PP' s nightly however, he most definitely is slower to call opponents with what are often called infractions when another ref is in charge.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Rooney is the one that waved off the goal when Chara was standing beside Howard in the regular season. Just an awful call and the Bruins ended up losing the game.

Bruin Steel

Nov 16, 2008
Ontario
Lets just hope Steve Barton isn't one of the linesman tonight as well. He makes a lot of bad calls, and is a longtime habs fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad