Series Talk: Round 2: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues | Col Wins 4-2

Pick one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Relative to expectations? Vlad Tarasenko was an absolute ghost outside of one shift in game 5 when he scored.

Ivan Barbashev also had a career year and I honestly don't remember hearing his name once other than when he hit Samuel Girard.

So both of those guys for me.
The fact that Tank, Barbashev and Thomas are even candidates tells you the Avs team D was the unsung hero here given the # of Blues 20 goal scorers.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Honestly. The constant excuses from Blues fans and even mainstream fans (hello, Oiler fans) that "if Binnington doesn't get hurt the Blues beat the Avs in 6" are hilarious. As if they don't remember the Avs beating the absolute piss out of the Blues in game 1 and completely dominating the 1st period of game 3 before Binnington got hurt, then continuing that domination in games 3, 4, 50 minutes of game 5 and all of game 6. The guy wasn't going to have a 1.00 G.A.A in every single game he played like he's the greatest goalie to ever exist.
If Krug and Binnington played Blues would have swept the Avs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I thought Avs defended Tarasenko very well throughout the series (very physical on him every time he had the puck and limited his time with it). Thomas and Kyrou's lack of finish were probably bigger disappointment factors.

On Avs side? Probably Kuemper or Makar.

Reactions: Alienblood

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought Avs defended Tarasenko very well throughout the series (very physical on him every time he had the puck and limited his time with it). Thomas and Kyrou's lack of finish were probably bigger disappointment factors.

On Avs side? Probably Kuemper or Makar.

Kyrou had a pretty good playoffs and series against the Avs, but hitting Manson instead of the net when it was 2-1 Blues in the 2nd, and then missing the net on a clear breakaway with a minute to go in the 2nd were huge factors in their loss.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Kyrou had a pretty good playoffs and series against the Avs, but hitting Manson instead of the net when it was 2-1 Blues in the 2nd, and then missing the net on a clear breakaway with a minute to go in the 2nd were huge factors in their loss.
Pretty good but not when it mattered.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
That's fair.
...also you have to understand that as a french player, Perron is one of the collaborators in a TV programme on one of our sports networks in Québec. So i spend my winter listening to what he got to say about the NHL 2-3 times a week . You can imagine that they treat him with kid gloves, no one would dare asking him questions about his "reputation ".

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wasn't he good for most of the series especially game 5?

No, he was a complete no-show until that game. Pretty sure those were his first points of the series.

If we're picking "disappointing" Blues, I'd say Brandon Saad. He scored 8 points in 10 games for the Avs last postseason, but seven of those were goals. He put up 5 points in 12 games this time around for STL, only two of those were goals, and IIRC, one of them was an empty-netter.

Runner up...Pavel Buchnevich, of whom I've been a fan of since his Rangers days, had an absolute monster season for the Blues, but then posted 1 goal in 12 games in the postseason. Mind you, he put up 10 points in 11 games, but when only one of those is a goal, you expect more for a top-flight two-way player than that. The only time he really stood out in the series against the Avs was when he and David Perron were taking concurrent crross-checking penalties in game four.

I thought I read somewhere Kyrou missed a defensive assignment on the eventual series-clinching goal. Talented as he is, his defensive game still leaves a lot to be desired, and his production hasn't yet reached a level where one can simply ignore those shortcomings. Really good player, but he has his flaws.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad