Series Talk: Round 2: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues | Col Wins 4-2

Pick one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
The best part of this series is watching Dizee cry to the mods that people are reacting to his bullshit with the laughing reaction when he came in here and did it to us.

What a loser.
Literally came to post exactly this. What a little loser. Nothing like not being able to take exactly what you dish out. That dude is going to be having a really bad summer LOL

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Watch Nate at 1:04. He knew!

Goose - Bumps !!

I dislike them even more after the series with all the whining and excuse making. **** them.
Never mind the bullying and racism :skeptic:
They are just complete and utter grubs.

Funniest thing was it inspired our Naz to a hatty and an apple the very next game hahaha - dumb dumbs

EDIT: Sorry, that sounded mean, by I won't condone either bullying or racism, and I'll always defend the victims.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I dislike them even more after the series with all the whining and excuse making. **** them.
Honestly. The constant excuses from Blues fans and even mainstream fans (hello, Oiler fans) that "if Binnington doesn't get hurt the Blues beat the Avs in 6" are hilarious. As if they don't remember the Avs beating the absolute piss out of the Blues in game 1 and completely dominating the 1st period of game 3 before Binnington got hurt, then continuing that domination in games 3, 4, 50 minutes of game 5 and all of game 6. The guy wasn't going to have a 1.00 G.A.A in every single game he played like he's the greatest goalie to ever exist.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
The best part of this series is watching Dizee cry to the mods that people are reacting to his bullshit with the laughing reaction when he came in here and did it to us.

What a loser.
The funnier part is you can turn off reaction notifications if they’re actually annoying you

He’s just trying to make a scene

Reactions: Vk1ing and katfude

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver

What a loser.
I wouldn't have dished them back to him if it weren't for his trashy/classless laughing at the Girard injury. Every laugh reaction back at him is completely deserved after that, absolutely disgusting on his part.

Reactions: katfude

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I’m not going to lie, this series was not as enjoyable because of all the bullshit that happened off the ice. I have lost so much respect for the Blues as a organization and especially their fan base. From the actions of some of their players, their coach, their fans on here, and definitely a lot of them on social media, it was pretty disgraceful. Every fan base has fair share of bad fans, but holy shit did a lot of Blues fans sink to a new low. It’s a shame because there were plenty of memorable moments from this series with some great hockey.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You know how happy I would have been if we had Ville Husso in net when Varly went down? Or when Grubauer went down? Very happy. Ill say it again if the Avs did not hit 5 posts in Game 1 and 2 of those goals went in the Blues fans would be clamoring to have Husso in net for Game 2. The Avs played this series without a goaltender so the Blues should not complain.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You know how happy I would have been if we had Ville Husso in net when Varly went down? Or when Grubauer went down? Very happy. Ill say it again if the Avs did not hit 5 posts in Game 1 and 2 of those goals went in the Blues fans would be clamoring to have Husso in net for Game 2. The Avs played this series without a goaltender so the Blues should not complain.
What? Don't you know if Jordan Binnington stayed healthy the Blues win the series in 5 games and shutout the Avs in games 3, 4, and 5 while Binnington scores the OT winner in all three games?

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
O'Connor with the clutch GTG that turned the tide in game 3 after a slow start, and then the clutch assist to Helm in game 6. Solid series from him overall.
For the series winner, I really thought Eric Johnson was going to eat that puck in the defensive zone and pack it in for overtime, but instead he blows by Kyrou, winner of the fastest skater competition, up the boards and creates that chance.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
For the series winner, I really thought Eric Johnson was going to eat that puck in the defensive zone and pack it in for overtime, but instead he blows by Kyrou, winner of the fastest skater competition, up the boards and creates that chance.
In some ways, Helm’s winning goal was anti-climatic because we were expecting some breakout dominating performance by the likes of Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar, etc. But Helm…scoring the winning goal? What? The winning shot was as impressive for the breakout and everyone’s commitment to trying to get a last second shot off. Makar, EJ, LOC and Helm. Any one of them could have said F it, we’ll win it in OT.

So I haven’t given the team credit for that offensive effort because the outcome was so unexpected. And it overshadows the Avs defensive effort.

Let’s not fail to give credit to the Blues for shutting down the Avs’ offense. I guess what’s unanswered for me is whether the Avs O will show up. The Blues showed that playing a structured game can slow the Avs O. I don’t think the Oilers will be as successful at stopping the Avs as the Blues were.

Reactions: Nihiliste

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Who would you guys say was the most disappointing skater on the Blues this series?
Relative to expectations? Vlad Tarasenko was an absolute ghost outside of one shift in game 5 when he scored.

Ivan Barbashev also had a career year and I honestly don't remember hearing his name once other than when he hit Samuel Girard.

So both of those guys for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad