Series Talk: Round 2: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues | Col Wins 4-2

Pick one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
credit to S.O.B, he fought for his fathers job today!!

people commenting on Rants playing injured... if thats the case, Bednar should just bench him and let him treat it because he is nowadays hurting more the team than helping. they have still guys like Sturm and Newhook to put in the lineup, just do it and hope Rants gets healthier for the finals.
has he been injured all season?? coz he has been shit the whole f***in season, so is the so called injury worse?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

1653707787120.jpeg

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
That save by Manson was absolutely monumental. At the time we were under siege and I thought "this feels like game 5 where the game turns in our favor like it did for St Louis". Happy to not be wrong.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
No-one can talk about Jared Bednar now. Guess what he did in the series against The Blues? "Adapted". He changed a few things according to the opposition, and we got the chocolates.

Lets beat those Oilers black and blue, so they never want to play the burgundy and blue team ever again.

My band covered this song :)

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
No-one can talk about Jared Bednar now. Guess what he did in the series against The Blues? "Adapted". He changed a few things according to the opposition, and we got the chocolates.

Lets beat those Oilers black and blue, so they never want to play the burgundy and blue team every again.

My band covered this song :)

Even though I can’t stand Seek and Destroy anymore, you get a like still.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Makar and Rant will have it easier with the Oilers hopefully they’ll come back to life! Will Mack play with 100% effort playing against McDavid, let’s hope so, cause he only some intensity in g5.

DK is concerning tho…

Anyhow round 3 baby!
IDK if they will have it easier. Played the Oilers 3 times this year. 2-1 (both wins in OT/SO). Averaged just 2 goals in regulation.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
IDK if they will have it easier. Played the Oilers 3 times this year. 2-1 (both wins in OT/SO). Averaged just 2 goals in regulation.
The Avalanche never once played the Oilers at full strength in the regular season. I think Byram only played 1 or 2 games, Landeskog I don't think played any games, Lehkonen I think only 1 game, Manson I think 2 games, Rantanen I think 2 games.

The Oilers will be a challenge no doubt, but I don't think the Oilers have seen who the Avs really are this season.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

That's great and matches what we saw. Blues were punching above their weight in first two games but Avs were clearly better overall and that led to the eventual result. Avs had some stretches of substandard play in games 2 and 5 and sure seemed like a lot of their errors ended up in the net. But I look at it as:
1. About the right number of games. Didn't want to play 4 again, this team needed some games to get up to speed.
2. Scored a nice mix of goals. Some skilled, some gritty, some where they just shot the damn puck. Keeping that up keeps them from being frustrated when it doesn't go in.
3. Didn't steal any games. Look Darcy may have to at some point and I'm glad that card hasn't been used yet. Using up puck luck or goalies just stealing games in early rounds is not optimal.
4. Didn't get crazy bounces in favor. The action basically followed the play except maybe getting a little unlucky in game 5. Didn't get a tilted ice either in PP/PK so this was very sustainable.
5. Let's be honest, that was a good team. No not a top team, but one that could have with some breaks been a contender. Basically get by the Avs and who knows what their fate was. A well placed challenge and the Avs were very businesslike, didn't get emotional at all. Loved the constant steadiness and that has to be a credit to Bednar.

And people should stop saying they learned a lot from a series. The response and steady play was nice but these guys have been NHL leaders all year. Some can make a big deal about the second round but you can see to the players it means little. There was nothing real about the barrier, it's just go win games. They aren't satisfied by it and that's how it should be. And on the other side the Oilers didn't magically improve, things just fell their way. We know what they bring and how they play, now just go meet the challenge and win 4 games.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Hes been really good in both rounds. Still would like for him to hit the net more but that will come as he gets more confidence. Added responsibility with G out and he hasnt faltered and in fact hes raised his game. The kid is great. Really does make you wonder if playing him last year would have helped alot more than say....Nemeth.

A majority picked Avs in 6, yet still freaked out that the Avs lost 2 games :laugh:
Probably how Game 5 was lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad