Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The most annoying part is they're saying head contact had nothing to do with the ruling but it's in the DOPS language, which from what I've read is kind of wishy washy on the subject but still...

Amazing how people can see such totally different things on the same play.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
All fan bases have there bad fans but it seems like a disproportionate amount for Pen fans. Then again maybe I'm just blinded by hate.

Honestly, I've seen most Pens fans as rational and people who disagree on topics because they see it differently. That's fine; that's just sports.

What I hate with a passion is the condescending, "Pens can do no wrong," attitude that a minority have.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Pens fans are either bandwagon fans that don't realize how privileged the Pens have been down through the years or they are long time fans that have grown quite arrogant due to the Pens owing the Caps in the playoffs and feel it is their divine right to win.

Edit: I suppose to be fair there are some reasonable, fair minded Pens fans that don't fall into either of these two categories. You don't see a large number of those on these forums, though. Lol.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Apparently Maata is a game time decision for the Penguins. Not as done as every single one of their fans has whined about. He might come back before Orpiks suspension is over

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The most annoying part is they're saying head contact had nothing to do with the ruling but it's in the DOPS language, which from what I've read is kind of wishy washy on the subject but still...

Amazing how people can see such totally different things on the same play.

They were very wishy washy in their language, yeah. Like it personally pained them to suspend LeTang. What a joke.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I reckon the problem with pens fans stems from their radio/tv broadcasters who are absolutely inept.

That plus the media/League (which is greatly influenced by the media) has coddled them for so long that they have gotten an entitlement complex. After a while, they started believing all the lies and it just snowballed from there.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Apparently Maata is a game time decision for the Penguins. Not as done as every single one of their fans has whined about. He might come back before Orpiks suspension is over

And those same fans who have whined incessantly about MJ not skating in the optional practice and marvel at his "quick recovery". Ironic what with the Maata news the same day, and an obvious quick recovery.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I reckon the problem with pens fans stems from their radio/tv broadcasters who are absolutely inept.

I made a similar comment recently and someone from PA corroborated that the "bubble" they live in is real. The Pens broadcasters are the biggest, most ridiculous homers I have ever heard for any sport, ever.

KnoccOut

Dec 23, 2008
Toronto
I was wondering why the main board is full of only Pens fans....

Caps will win tonight.... i have no doubt.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles

Yes, but listening to radio guy Lange say the name Kuhnhackl is one of life's rare gifts.

As is listening to Sharks radio guy Rusanowsky pronounce Rinne. Sometime he says it with an Italian accent, sometimes with a French accent. He is trying to be culturally sensitive, i guess, but ... the player is Finnish.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was wondering why the main board is full of only Pens fans....

Caps will win tonight.... i have no doubt.

Because it's a cesspool. (edit)

I had a pretty rational conversation with some Pens fans about the Orpik and Letang hits. Unfortunately, that is the exception and not the rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad