Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
They've been trending downwards since January, so at least this isn't coming as a surprise.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
RH, not a good night for yer boy.

So, what's next for this bunch? Changes? Firing anyone? just suck it up and wait on next year as if this repetitiveness causes no lasting damage?

Its the Capitals. Its a surprise if they win. They don't. If you are sick of it, stop. Ive tried. Will try again if they lose.

again...where are all those guys that wanted to play Pittsburgh?

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Well that was quick, **** that. It's like an endless sports nightmare... :rant:

At least this isn't BBs fault :popcorn:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Its been a while, but it feels like the defense for the last Presidents Cup winning Caps had a better defense in the playoffs.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Watch TB light up Murray.

Trotz's strategy on offense leaves a lot to be desired.

And Holtby not making many important saves at all.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Play Schmidt and I'm not sure this game ends differently but it couldn't have been worse. What I don't get is how Chimera and Williams are seeing so much ice time. Either Williams is hurt or he sucks, either way the outcome is the same and he should either not get a sweater or be getting 10 minutes a game.

This game, and this series, are all on Barry.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Mike Weber is the new Scott Hannan.

Not one of Trotz's changes, the few that have actually been made, appear to have paid off.

I give them credit, though. They're Sticking to the Franchise Script like a mother****er.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It appears GMBM crapped the bed by not addressing the 3rd pair, but everyone on offense should be just as embarrassed, starting with 8, 19, & 92.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
GMBM really ****ed up by not ever replacing a quality guy like Mike Green on the 3rd line D.

He trusted Orlov - who came off a full year of injury and Schmidt who is awful. Then he got a guy like Weber as "insurance" when he's not a capable NHL player either.

IF that is a quality NHL defender instead of Weber - this OT is still going on.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Yup, I knew it. You know, until this team hires a capable coach they will never ever take advantage of their personnel. Anyone who thinks we should roll with Trotz again next season needs his or her head examined. Just an abysmal coach from an offensive standpoint, especially for playoff hockey. Junior hockey level attack. He's fools gold. OV's window is dwindling.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
They never addressed the third pairing at the deadline and this is what happens. Their defensive depth is not all people thought it was, it sucks.

At least I'm not the only one that thinks this. Thought they should of upgraded Burakovsky too, but he was "hot". This franchise continues to rely on these young guys stepping up.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
The Caps are the only second round bye the exists in North American pro sports.

You know its never going to happen when you can't beat a team down two of their best defensemen in a must win game. Its time to admit, if they were capable of getting out of the second round, it would have happened at least once by now. The rebuild of a decade ago was a failure. It produced a younger, flashier version of the older teams.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That one hurt. Please change up the lines to get the 2nd line going.

I'm holding out faith that this team can respond. No way they allow the Penguins to close out the series in DC

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Watch TB light up Murray.

Trotz's strategy on offense leaves a lot to be desired.

And Holtby not making many important saves at all.

This series has perfectly illustrated Trotz' issue. He has no offensive system. They dump it in, forecheck, and then just cycle until someone gets a one timer and hope to repeat. Look at the Penguins, they're always in a position for a rebound. They make crisp passes to the point where their D will quickly one timer it in.

Trotz is letting them down here.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They've been trending downwards since January, so at least this isn't coming as a surprise.

And someone of us were concerned. There isn't a magical switch you can flip. You are what you are. This team was an inconsistent team that sometimes had big time trouble scoring down the stretch. That's exactly what they are right now.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Why wqas weber even on the ice that early into ot...Pitt has all their best players and we play richards, Weber, etc...Weber shouldn't have even had any ice team in the 1st ot...it was clkear he was a couple of steps behind the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->