Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigflip187

Apr 25, 2016
Weber was with my sabres for yrs cant believe hes on a team as good as the caps. I really hope washington can come back, unlikely, but never play weber hes terrible all he has is experience on a bad team. Definitely knows he wont see another nhl game after that bad mistake.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Its just depressing investing so much time into your favorite team year after year to only get the short end of the stick every time it counts.

I feel for bad for Ovie, he doesn't deserve this. He's poured his heart and soul into this team.

well here we are again, brink of elimination it's do or die.

we were never going to win this in less than 7 games to begin with :laugh:

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Goalie - Pitt been better
Offense - Pitt been better
Defense - Pitt been better
Coaching - Pitt been better
Even Stenght - Pitt been better
Special Teams - Even

Hard to win this way. Pitt has been better in every phase of the game.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
The issue is all offense. This D is plenty good--and we never get to OT--if they could score goals. Just look at the Pens D.

This is another thing I've wondered. Is our D just bad in general or have they looked bad because our Offense is non-existent? Starting to lean towards the latter fairly heavily.

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
They've been trending downwards since January, so at least this isn't coming as a surprise.

yeah, completely different team than the caps team we saw for the first half of the regular season, especially offensively from guys like Ovechkin and Backstrom.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
Other than a few shifts, there was basically no push or sustained effort or intensity. Really a shame, but at this point, given what we have endured for 30-40 years, meh.

When does the football season start?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Its just depressing investing so much time into your favorite team year after year to only get the short end of the stick every time it counts.

I feel for bad for Ovie, he doesn't deserve this. He's poured his heart and soul into this team.

well here we are again, brink of elimination it's do or die.

we were never going to win this in less than 7 games to begin with :laugh:

Him and Oshie have also been giving it 110% every shift as well. Its just everyone else letting them down.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
One of the bigger issues being ignore besides the garbage players is Trotz is absolute garbage at adjusting.

He's getting destroyed

Done. Why do I do this to myself every year

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Watch TB light up Murray.

Trotz's strategy on offense leaves a lot to be desired.

And Holtby not making many important saves at all.
But this isn't on Holtby... it's on most of the other players.

Philly series shouldn't have gone 6 even though Neuvy played super.

Now they have to win 3 straight vs one of the NHLs darlings :shakehead

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Next year I want a 7 or 8 seed position. We're due some playoff miracle, however I just don't see it now. Not officially eliminated, so let's see.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hah, it had to be Weber, of course.

Good news -- opportunity for legendary comeback. Hey, the winning will start sooner or later!

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Why does this team always fail to create offense in the playoffs? Every year they have no problem scoring during the regular season but the minute the playoffs start the offense goes away.

It's happened with 4 different coaches now.

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
Goalie - Pitt been better
Offense - Pitt been better
Defense - Pitt been better
Coaching - Pitt been better
Even Stenght - Pitt been better
Special Teams - Even

Hard to win this way. Pitt has been better in every phase of the game.

i think holtby has been better, the way hes been scored on to me seem like far harder to stop than what murray has been up against. but all other facets yeah :help:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Please sound off if you were spouting that "regular season losses down the stretch mean nothing" garbage. I said it then I'll say it now. It mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad