How does the series go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Im already fully preparing myself for a Nashville times 2 as far as the liberties Tampa will be allowed to take and that we will not come out on top of the penalty minutes disparity.

Ill still complain
What was that game versus Tampa a few years ago we were up 2 late and they got 3 PP's 2 of which were penalties and of course they won.Wouldn't have minded the 2 calls but they ignored everything Tampa did.

Also Blake Coleman will board one of our guys and they'll miss sometime :( No call of course.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Tampa will be a different series than Nashville and I think that will work in the Canes favor.

Nashville tailored their game to punch up to Carolina and they did a lot of things that worked to stifle them. Tampa is going to crank up the skill and play their game. If anything the Canes will need to punch up which is a good motivator.
Tampa won't shy away from the grit. also they love to trap the wings when they get a lead. Nashville did it all game we'll see much of it..

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
What was that game versus Tampa a few years ago we were up 2 late and they got 3 PP's 2 of which were penalties and of course they won.Wouldn't have minded the 2 calls but they ignored everything Tampa did.

Also Blake Coleman will board one of our guys and they'll miss sometime :( No call of course.
January 2019 we were up 1-0 after two. They had 2 PP goals and an EN to win 3-1.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Expecting a very entertaining series. Tampa does not box the center 60 minutes with such a discipline as Preds did in this series so there should be occasional opportunities for Necas, Aho, Teräväinen, Svech to show off speed and skills that kill.

On the other hand - one of the scariest offensive corps of the league will challenge Canes D and G.

2 key points to me in advance are:

- Canes had serious problems solving Saros. Now they are facing even better goaltender. That could be deciding factor in the series.
- They will have to stay out of penalty box. If they take as many penalties as they did in Preds series against Tampa. It will be brutal.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Canes allowed too many odd man rushes against Nashville to feel comfortable about the defense against 3 scoring lines of TB. Definitely need to tighten up the D for the D zone exits by TB. Cant lose guys trying to sneak by for a stretch pass.

Traffic, have to have traffic in front of Vas. If we settle on point and half wall shots against Vas like we did against Saros, we will be in a world of hurt. Saros was good but we made him look a lot better with our non threatening shot selections.

Need scoring contribution from Svech, Tro, and Turbo in this one to have a chance. Need 3 solid scoring lines to have a chance.

Peterpuck7810

Jan 13, 2021
Canes need to stay out of the penalty box to have any chance, And I don't see that happening with the way Svech is struggling right now. Tampa is a strong strong team, Carolina will put up a fight, but this is not the regular season.......I think Tampa will wear down our defense who are logging huge minutes, Bean isn't playing much........Tampa in 6

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
This is why you have technical consultants in the productions.

"No, she can't urge people to charge, that's a penalty. They'd go on PK."

"We don't wanna go PK?"

"No."

"Okey. Again, with no hand! Action!"

You don't take care of this shit early on, and one day you'll find yourself directing a Game of Thrones scene with a goddamn Starbucks cup on the table.
I can't like this post hard enough

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Listen, I know we haven't always gotten along. We had our big fights earlier this year and a lot of back and forth on the main boards. It's just how it goes sometimes when you cheer for different teams. I hope we can put all of that aside for a little while.

With all that said, I hope you guys double fist the Lightning and bounce them so hard from the playoffs they don't make it back for another decade.

This is for the greater good and I will be cheering you Canes on harder than I've ever cheered for an opposing team.

I must warn you though, this fandom will only last for this series and will quickly dissipate following this round but for these next chunk of games please know you have mine (and many other Panther fans) support.

For the love of everything please beat this group of scumbag, whiny babies and their classless fans. At least you guys are good with your shit talking, they're just flat out rude and lack creativity.

Go Canes Go.
Hey, if you want on the bandwagon for this series, hop on. We won't hold it against you when you go back to hating our meth eatin swan diving asses next year.

Dec 30, 2013
Tickets acquired for Sunday!

Now, do I pull this out of retirement for a game...
20210528_102848.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad