Series Talk: Round 1 - St. Louis Blues [now w/ Poll]

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Agreed.

I’ve never seen such a salty lot. It’s almost as if the entire city of St. Louis walks around with sand in their underpants. So many of them have such monstrous chips on their shoulders and work so hard hyping their team, they make it super easy to role-play the Avs as underdogs.

I’m constantly asking myself whether their rage is real or manufactured.

The funny thing is, St Louis Cardinals fans like to see themselves as the “classiest” fans in baseball. But you see here what they’re really like.
The CGY fans from a couple years back were on this level, too, IIRC - at least in terms of sheer hostility, if not delusion. The whole "Avs have the league in their pocket" thing is something else.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly I'd rather Perron be healthy and playing. That way when we curb stomp the Blues, that fan base has no excuse for getting there teeth kicked in and idiots like The Dizee wont be able to blame Covid for getting an ass whooping.

They're already started on the excuse train.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I do think it’s hilarious how much their complaining that the league isn’t postponing the series.

dumbasses this is the playoffs. MacKinnon and Makar could both be out and they’d still play the games.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I didn’t realize that one poster was a troll. I was respectfully responding to him explaining the use of some numbers before realizing he wasn’t there to discuss actualities.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A Blues fan made this chart as a way to explain this series is closer than many think...

Since
April 1st
GPGFGAShots
for
Shots
against
PP%PK%FOW%GF/GA
P1
GF/GA
P2
GF/GA
P3
Hits/60BkS/60
Blues218th14th24th21st2nd13th2nd+7Even+615th2nd
Avs216th10th4th2nd9th25th12thEven+14-827th22nd
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Considered me puzzled. I am now more confident in the Avs lol.

Also not to bash that poster. He made a very long, detailed post to prove some points and he/she put a lot of work into it. It was a great post overall but that table didn’t do them any favors.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Onion should write an article explaining how St Louis will be wearing black 'DP' patches in his honor.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
A Blues fan made this chart as a way to explain this series is closer than many think...

Since
April 1st
GPGFGAShots
for
Shots
against
PP%PK%FOW%GF/GA
P1
GF/GA
P2
GF/GA
P3
Hits/60BkS/60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also not to bash that poster. He made a very long, detailed post to prove some points and he/she put a lot of work into it. It was a great post overall but that table didn’t do them any favors.
Our deadline deals sure have helped the PK. 25th from April is awful. Can't get far in the playoffs with a weak PK unit.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Honestly I'd rather Perron be healthy and playing. That way when we curb stomp the Blues, that fan base has no excuse for getting there teeth kicked in and idiots like The Dizee wont be able to blame Covid for getting an ass whooping.

They're already started on the excuse train.
I mean, the idiots were already blaming the refs, we could win every game by 10 and they still would be

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
63D0E9E4-2A70-478F-8CF2-67EA58A1B215.jpeg

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If the NHL isn’t going to do delay the series a week for Perron, maybe instead they should have a minute of silence before game 1 in his honor?

Maybe they could also let several Blues fans read victim impact statements remotely before game 1?

Last edited:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
That other guy, Xerloris, is almost as bad.

Overall though I find their fanbase OK. They have quite a few reasonable fans that are not as bias. Let's face it we also have our own posters that take it a bit too far sometimes as well. Every fanbase does.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Since
April 1st
GPGFGAShots
for
Shots
against
PP%PK%FOW%GF/GA
P1
GF/GA
P2
GF/GA
P3
Hits/60BkS/60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yeah... these numbers still favour the Avs and this is when the Blues were healthy and the Avs were missing MacKinnon, Girard, Saad, and Grubauer at times, along with the long term injured guys.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah... these numbers still favour the Avs and this is when the Blues were healthy and the Avs were missing MacKinnon, Girard, Saad, Grubauer at times, along with the long term injured guys.
Yup that’s what I’m saying. This guy used the Blues best stretch of hockey of the season and compared it to the Avs most vulnerable and Colorado still drastically played better lol.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Holy shit this Dizee guy is actually f***ed in the head.
Hello Avs fans, just bored and poking around and noticed this. For the record, Dizee is not the finest representation of our board. Me personally, he entertains me just because I don’t mind a good shit disturbing every once in awhile. But I’d be willing to wager at least 25%-30% of our board has him blocked by this point lol. Hence why we have 2 separate series threads, because he started the original one :laugh: . You’ll probably see him say some dumb shit….but that’s just Dizee being Dizee.

Anyways, hopefully it’s a good hard fought series, and may the best team win :)

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Jost should be 2C, the points will come and he plays much better defensively than Kadri while being a far better play maker. Kadri tends to do some blatant stupid shit that gets him sent to the box and just a general lack of awareness for situational gameplay like leaving his guy open in OT against Dallas while puck watching. I still don't get why Bednar thought he was a good defensive player.
100%. I liked Kadri more last season, this season he is one of our worst top 9 forwards. He is about as dumb as Graves and just as much of a puck hog as Graves.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hello Avs fans, just bored and poking around and noticed this. For the record, Dizee is not the finest representation of our board. Me personally, he entertains me just because I don’t mind a good shit disturbing every once in awhile. But I’d be willing to wager at least 25%-30% of our board has him blocked by this point lol. Hence why we have 2 separate series threads, because he started the original one :laugh: . You’ll probably see him say some dumb shit….but that’s just Dizee being Dizee.

Anyways, hopefully it’s a good hard fought series, and may the best team win :)
Ick. It's one of the reasonable ones. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad