Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 24: Travis Konecny, RW, Ottawa (OHL); signed ELC 7/16/15 (post #338)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Love this pick, what a steal, had to move up. Zach parise with bite. Great first day hexy.

Reminds me more of Recchi. Great player.

I am assuming Hexy will spend the rest of the night trying to get back into the 2nd round. They must've loved Konecny.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I've been saying Konecny was the better offensive player between him and Barzal since last year. Had him ranked well ahead of Barzal until the concussion made him a bit riskier and I knocked him down to #13 on my final list. Had virtually no separation between those two by the end even though I personally liked Konecny more. But man, getting him at #24 is just incredible value.

I wouldn't have been mad to get him at 7! :laugh:

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
To note, Konecny finished the season with 66 points in 47 games after putting up 12 points in his first 18 games. Like Sanheim the year before, I think it's exceedingly obvious that his second half pace was much more reflective of his actual ability.

That rate is near what Timo Meier produced with Nikolaj Ehlers attached to his hip.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I'm pretty stoked about this. I didn't look him up at all because I didn't think he'd be available with our second pick, but the more I read the more I like him. I hope he stops with the concussion though.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Here's a shift by shift video. He gets A LOT of ice time. Really love this pick.

EDIT: He has a hell of a shot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad