Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 22, German Rubtsov, C, Russia U-19 (MHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Can't wait til Provorov, Rubstov, Fazleev, Vorobyov and Fedotov are all on the Flyers

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Was just about to post it. Great article by Bill.

That last section about patience and to wait for the player to play some games is important. Luckily many people here are on board. You go on the Flyers Facebook etc, and you woulda thought we drafted a 4th line checker.

People are under rating his skill. Like Bill said, his MHL point totals hover around the ppg in the CHL (I would say above a ppg)

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
I'd like to see him stay in Russia rather than go to the CHL. That or go to the AHL. If he's advanced enough to get time in the KHL next season, not really sure what he has to learn in the CHL.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Doubt the kids tape lies, tenacious forechecker with a high skill level. Going to be a lot of fun watching him and Konecny terrorize opposing defensemen for years to come.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can't wait til Provorov, Rubstov, Fazleev, Vorobyov and Fedotov are all on the Flyers
What about Vasiliev?
People are under rating his skill. Like Bill said, his MHL point totals hover around the ppg in the CHL (I would say above a ppg)

Didn't read the article yet and Bill may have touched on it but he had the best PPG in the MHL for players 18 and younger.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...&sort=u18&leagueteam=&nation=&name=&order=PPG

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'd personally put him above Konecny in our prospect rankings honestly. Assuming both player's upsides were reached, I'd feel like Konecny would end up playing the less important position and having a career that isn't as long-lasting due to his style of play. Rubtsov feels like a safer pick to reach his upside too.

Both extremely great talents at where they were picked though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just think of Couts and what type of impact he has had while getting 37-39 points. So even if Rubstov is a 40 point C, he can have a very big impact game in, game out.

And as Bill said, there are some scorers we can snap up at 36 if we want to go that direction. So happy we grabbed a C as it was our biggest prospect need.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Oh, yes, since pronunciation is usually a pretty popular question in Rubtsov's case, it should be something like this: GYER-mahn Roub-TSOF.

Hextall pronounced it (at least the first name) more or less fine btw, I guess he had been practicing. :)

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I agree with Hextall that he's a "full-sheet" player.

Plays 200 ft. Plays D. Playmaker. Great with the puck. Etc.

In terms of goal scoring, it's good, it just needs to move into "great."

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
Oh, yes, since pronunciation is usually a pretty popular question in Rubtsov's case, it should be something like this: GYER-mahn Roub-TSOF.

Hextall pronounced it (at least the first name) more or less fine btw, I guess he had been practicing. :)

Thanks for this! :D

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Great pick! I hope he gets off his contract in Russia asap to be able to develop into small rink game. I could see him being an immediate for for the Phantoms. He is that good.

Am I alone with saying that he is a poor mans McDavid? Has similar skating style and great hands and very high IQ. There's a lot similarity when you watch him skate thru the neutral zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad