Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 2: Nolan Patrick, C, Brandon (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I'm so glad that we just made the pick and didn't try trading down.

I'm stoked, he's who I wanted, I'm so glad NJ took Nico (though it would be tough to go wrong with either)

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
And now have Patrick train with Provorov.. And next year fellow Russian Rubstov, actually have the whole team train with Provy!! (Except MacDonald)

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Well, the good news with Patrick's injury history was that it was a double hernia and nothing like a damaged knee or back or shoulder or anything structural like that. Hopefully the injuries are a thing of the past. Yes, I get there will bruises and knicks along the way, but hopefully the major injuries are behind him.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Love it. Pumped. Welcome to the Philadelphia Flyers, Nolan Patrick.
The Flyers in their hay day, had two stars from Manitoba, Clarke and Leach. Brian Propp also from Brandon Wheat Kings, from Lanigan Sask, my towns hockey rival in the LLHL.Now we have, Provorov, Patrick, from Brandon Wheatkings, Wade Allison, who could have played this year, in Brandon, but chose Western Michigan, and also Travis Sanheim from Foxwarren, Manitoba. And this team is being build, by former Brandon Wheat King, Ron Hextall. This team is going surge, stick to and trust, Hexys plan, baby.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick = Couts on steroids

That is, whereas I think Nico will be more explosive and could be a 80-90 a year scorer, Patrick is more likely to be a 30-30 guy who puts up big +/- numbers, plays the PK and the PP and matches up against top opposing lines when needed.

It's not whether one is better, each will be a great addition, but will give their team different skill packages.

Now we need Rubtsov to become the dynamic scoring center to go with Couts and Patrick, and Vorobyov to be the steady 4th center - and we're set up front!

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
so happy with this pick. things could not have turned out better for us this draft. he's gonna be a stud in Philly.

i guess he'll wear #19? i think it's available.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Psyched for this pick. I didn't want to post too much about Nolan in case we didn't wind up with him but I am beyond psyched we got him. Once those Adidas jerseys go on sale I'm ordering a Patrick jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad