Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 2: Nolan Patrick, C, Brandon (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
let's go folks

Nolan Patrick (C)

Height: 6-foot-2 Weight: 199 pounds Shoots: Right

Team: Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 1 North American skater

Kennedy says: “A rash of injuries in the past year and a half kept the Nolan Patrick Watch in limbo a lot, though he did compete in the CHL Top Prospects Game this season.

“A late birthday who missed the 2016 draft cutoff by days, he’ll come into the NHL as a 19-year-old and has the size and two-way game to earn his keep. Patrick is not on the same level as Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews, but he does have the pedigree to be a pretty good NHLer – think Aaron Ekblad’s impact, but playing an Eric Staal kind of game.

“Both his dad (Steve Patrick) and uncle (James Patrick) played in the NHL and Nolan is a safe bet to continue the lineage.”

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/19/nhl-draft-profile-nolan-patrick/

===========================

“It’s not like I’m sitting here mad wishing I went to Jersey.”

Last edited by a moderator:

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Cool beans. Flyers probably got the best player in the draft. Little injuries caused him to fall to 2OA

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ron Hextall walked up there and took care of his business. He don't give a ****. Money ain't a god damn thing

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hextall only one to not say any kind words to the city or anything. I ****ing love it lol

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Congrats guys ! As a devils fan, I'm excited to see Hischier and Patrick battle for the next decade. All the best

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Not heard anything about this pick, seems like we went way off the board.

Anyone know if he's any good?

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Just as excited to debate over who made the right choice for years to come as I am to watch Nolan in Philly. Let the games begin!

Last edited:

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Amazing, hopefully the injuries were just Patrick growing into his body. I have to say love his all business demeanor, perfect for this franchise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad