bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
SeuXUJl.png

This is gold

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I think I saw this dude play maybe 2 games (US18s), but his name screams gritty defensive center who can add 45 points and is a regular on PP2 and PK2.

Wouldn’t hate it

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Coming from one of the biggest orange IV drinkers on the forums - I wouldn't expect any less.

Revisit in 2-3 years when the gap between the two is significant. Two of Frost, Farabee or O'Brien will even end up better than Patrick IMO due to nagging injuries and a significant amount of missed time.
Not 100% sure what that means, but Rebel doesn’t like a lot of the Flyers management haha.

I think Patrick puts in a few 80 pt seasons. I see him as a more solid Seguin.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And just so there is no confusion, Boxscores hot takes:

Hell...less than 1 year ago(June 23rd 2017) you said:

Don't speak for this Philly fan. I'd trade Couturier for Galchenyuk in a second. :yo:

Cooooooooots!!! Most. Overrated. Flyer. Ever. :rant:

Or on June 22nd 2017:

Couturier is a completely different issue. Most. Overrated. Flyer. Ever. And save the swanky "analytics", I'm not impressed. I watch Couturier play, he's an average player with above average defense and limited offense.

Again on June 22,2017:

All of that said, it has nothing to do with the fact that, yes, Giroux and Couturier are massively overrated by Flyers fans on this forum. And I'm in favor of them being dealt for a good return.

Again June 22, 2017:

I hope Giroux and/or Couturier are one of the pieces going. The 2 most overrated Flyers in recent history. Simmonds shouldn't be traded - he should be named captain.

Feb 22, 2017:

Couturier is not cut out to be a scoring center, he's just not. He's slow and lumbering and his hands are average at best. He's a fine 3rd liner and that's it... enough with continually trying to fool ourselves into thinking he's more than that.

Feb 20, 2017:

Couturier should be available in a second. I'm a Flyers fan and some of my fellow Flyers fans are crazy, the way they overrate this guy. And Giroux would be traded before Simmonds if anyone has been paying attention

The weirdest thing about Boxscore is that he refuses to ever address how he wrong he was in the past, but somehow expects people to take his current opinions seriously.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When it comes to drafting 1st round talent, the Flyers (under Hextall) have been as great as any team in the league. I still like Mittestadt more than Patrick, but the Frost over Tolvanen pick is starting to win me over. Farabee and O'Brien were both awesome picks IMO.

Middelstadt? You mean his 30 points in 34 NCAA games at 19 years old? He had a nice WJC, but it's not quite the NHL.
Sure he scored in a late season cameo for a Buffalo team playing out the string.
But a guy who's primary value is scoring should have been among the NCAA leaders.
Allison at the same age had 29 points in 36 games, Laczynski 32 points in 34 games.
We traded Marody who only had 24 points in 32 games at 19.

Meanwhile, Patrick at 17, before he was injured had 30 points in 21 WHL playoff games with a +19.
Last year, he "only" had 30 NHL points coming off his second surgery in two summers.

Patrick > > Middelstadt

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Middelstadt? You mean his 30 points in 34 NCAA games at 19 years old? He had a nice WJC, but it's not quite the NHL.
Sure he scored in a late season cameo for a Buffalo team playing out the string.
But a guy who's primary value is scoring should have been among the NCAA leaders.
Allison at the same age had 29 points in 36 games, Laczynski 32 points in 34 games.
We traded Marody who only had 24 points in 32 games at 19.

Meanwhile, Patrick at 17, before he was injured had 30 points in 21 WHL playoff games with a +19.
Last year, he "only" had 30 NHL points coming off his second surgery in two summers.

Patrick > > Middelstadt
Easily. Middlestadt LOl jesus points though just points matters.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's see, do I trust the judgment of some schmuck on Twitter or the GM who has already found TK at #24 and Frost at #27?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, based on Hakstols coaching, Couts might be moved to wing next year. After all, we move players to wing before there's any reason to think they can't play C anymore.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The question for me is, who moves to wing, Frost or O'Brien? Both of them are going to need to be in our top 9 if not eventually our top 6.

2 or 3 years down the line..

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Farabee - Patrick - Voracek
JVR - Frost - O'Brien
Ratcliffe - Vorobyev - Allison

Good god almighty.
I think Allison will already be in the 3rd line RW spot. And does JVR get moved in a few years if Lindblom shows he can be a 45-50 point guy?

We certainly don't have enough spots for everyone if they all pan out. One should be moved in expansion so we can keep Provy, Ghost, Sanheim and Myers. Bribe them to leave our D alone.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The question for me is, who moves to wing, Frost or O'Brien? Both of them are going to need to be in our top 9 if not eventually our top 6.

JVR - Frost - O'Brien

Good god almighty.

No NAK, Rubtsov, Twarynski, Laczynski, and of course, Goul?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Allison will already be in the 3rd line RW spot. And does JVR get moved in a few years if Lindblom shows he can be a 45-50 point guy?

We certainly don't have enough spots for everyone if they all pan out. One should be moved in expansion so we can keep Provy, Ghost, Sanheim and Myers. Bribe them to leave our D alone.

Geez I forgot about Lindblom. Embarassment of riches.

At some point im guessing we will see a quantity for quality trade which will fill a hole and clear up a logjam.

Could see it as soon as this season for a rental goalie.

Reactions: Tripod

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

JVR - Frost - O'Brien

Good god almighty.

in this lineup voracek would rack up around 60 assists in his sleep.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Geez I forgot about Lindblom. Embarassment of riches.

At some point im guessing we will see a quantity for quality trade which will fill a hole and clear up a logjam.

Could see it as soon as this season for a rental goalie.
Or a defenseman. Don’t forget the 10 million in capspace the team is currently carrying too. Something big has to be around the corner on the trade front.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad